You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

I don't believe that.I think he wanted full control and I think FSG acquiesced.

So FSG have agreed to a man with one seasons Pl experience having "Full control" over LFC, a £200m a year football club?

As Sgt Wilson sometimes asked: "Do you think that's wise, Sir?"

I don't believe that.

I think he wanted full control and I think FSG acquiesced.

And as far as others go I think only three were spoken to.

AVB, Rodgers & Martinez.

No idea mate. I'm not sure that the three you mentioned can be considered viable, much less realistic, even for the sake of argument.

Everyone has an opinion about whether the gaff should have full control - and whether they had their man in sights before they sacked Dalglish.

From what I remember you were one who thought the whole DoF thing retarded and that they had no idea who they wanted - not sure why you would be upset tbh.

Guest davelfc
So FSG have agreed to a man with one seasons Pl experience having "Full control" over LFC, a £200m a year football club?

As Sgt Wilson sometimes asked: "Do you think that's wise, Sir?"

It could be your avatar

$(KGrHqN,!l8E1F21K8lLBNb9NSlLbw~~0_35.JPG

Hahaha! Bad ted is my new favourite insult. I've always liked Dicko.

How Dicko and Randy Marsh arent in the top 10 rated posters on thisn site is an insult to intelligence.

Probably cos they're both rafa arselickers and nobody likes a rafa arselicker round these parts

No idea mate. I'm not sure that the three you mentioned can be considered viable, much less realistic, even for the sake of argument.

Everyone has an opinion about whether the gaff should have full control - and whether they had their man in sights before they sacked Dalglish.

From what I remember you were one who thought the whole DoF thing retarded and that they had no idea who they wanted - not sure why you would be upset tbh.

You're right I don't want a director of football.

I also don't want a manager who's been chosen purely based on his ability to work within a system that now if reports are to be believed is close to being abandoned or at the very least watered down.

You've seen it yourself on this thread everyone has, no one has been able to offer up a reason for the choice of rodgers over the other candidates based on ability.

If he is going to be a manager as opposed to a coach how on earth could that be regarded as a good decision?

I also don't want a manager who's been chosen purely based on his ability to work within a system that now if reports are to be believed is close to being abandoned or at the very least watered down.

You've seen it yourself on this thread everyone has, no one has been able to offer up a reason for the choice of rodgers over the other candidates based on ability.

If he is going to be a manager as opposed to a coach how on earth could that be regarded as a good decision?

You are assuming the reasons why he has been chosen though aren't you? I have never spoken to him, nor have I ever seen him in training - although certainly Steve Clarke has.

You are assuming the reasons why he has been chosen though aren't you? I have never spoken to him, nor have I ever seen him in training - although certainly Steve Clarke has.

True.

But I've never seen Rafa or Capello in training either.

I'd still feel a lot more confident of finishing higher up the table with one of them in charge though.

Yes , lets ignore the fact that he loves the area , and that his wife and children have settled and are very happy where they live .

Disrespectful , bitter knobhead.

That's out of line, mate.

It's OK Captain I've got this one.

Elvis, I was a huge supporter of him when he was our manager right up to the end when most people agreed his position had become untenable, regardless of their interpretation of the reasons for that. Oh and you can fuck right off with the personal insults you narky cunt, no need for that in response to what was a light-hearted analogy. As for disrespectful, it's OK - I'm sure Rafa will sleep soundly tonight despite my unprecedented and vicious assault on his character.

Now please leave the building.

Currently we have a Board who know nothing about football, and an MD whose previous experience was running Huddersfield town, and a manager with one years PL experience.

And you don't want a DOF?

No one on here has a fucking clue about the ability or suitability of any of the candidates involved, for fans it all comes down something as simple and mindless as "how many trophies has he won, how good is the team he's managing now?"

This would be the average fan's assessment of the managerial ability of Jurgen Klopp:

First 9 years of his career: Shit, talentless, clueless cunt, doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, would destroy the club if he ever came here.

Wins the Bundesliga in his 10th year of management: Cracking manager that bloke, wouldn't mind him at Liverpool.

If you want to say Rodgers is a gamble then that's fair enough (although any managerial appointment is a gamble) but to guarantee his failure based on the fact he hasn't managed a top team before is fucking ludicrous.

No one on here has a fucking clue about the ability or suitability of any of the candidates involved, for fans it all comes down something as simple and mindless as "how many trophies has he won, how good is the team he's managing now?"

This would be the average fan's assessment of the managerial ability of Jurgen Klopp:

First 9 years of his career: Shit, talentless, clueless cunt, doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, would destroy the club if he ever came here.

Wins the Bundesliga in his 10th year of management: Cracking manager that bloke, wouldn't mind him at Liverpool.

If you want to say Rodgers is a gamble then that's fair enough (although any managerial appointment is a gamble) but to guarantee his failure based on the fact he hasn't managed a top team before is fucking ludicrous.

Good post

Enough of the strawmen. No-one is guaranteeing he will fail. The naysayers are saying he represents a bigger risk than others and a far bigger risk than we need to take.

Enough of the strawmen. No-one is guaranteeing he will fail. The naysayers are saying he represents a bigger risk than others and a far bigger risk than we need to take.

What do you mean "the others"

Unless Guardiola or Mourinho were up for it I cant see any other manager that wasnt as much of a risk as Rodgers?

For me appointing Rafa would be a huge risk. He had six seasons' worth of chances, Both LVG and Capello could be short term improves as managers, but no guarantee of an overall forward looking plan. AvB already failed in England so also a risk.

No managerial signing is without risks, but some of the best ones ever has been when inexperienced but talented young managers have been given a chance at a big club: Rafa at Valencia, AVB at Porto, Guardiola at Barca. EDIT: And as someone mentioned on another thread, Wenger from Japan, Klopp from Mainz.

If his name was Bernardo Rodrigo and he'd just taken malaga to tenth in la liga some people on here would be beside themselves with joy.

Just typical discrimination when it comes to british managers.

No you ignorant tit because Malaga are one of the richest clubs in Spain.

People don't like british managers because most of them are POMO endorsing fuckwits.

That's why some of the more enlightened posters tend to want a foreign manager.

Rodgers may well be a step in the right direction for coaching in this country but he learned it all abroad, which sort of makes your point fucking moot.