You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

I agree.

Fortunately for him he also has the advantage of a playing record from last year for the Club which he should have little trouble beating.

Agrees not to look back and then promptly looks back.

Just glad this is finally all over.

Wouldn't have been my choice, but can understand it. Just glad it's not Martinez.

It seems Rodgers has something about him. It's still a gamble, but lets see how this plays out.

Hopefully he'll sort out in a footballing sense. For the past 4 seasons or so, we've been watching 11 headless chickens on the pitch without a strategy or game plan.

Just sorting out of shite set pieces would ace too.

Didn't Rodgers initially say when he turned us down that he'll look to shift some of our players?

That would be fucking ace.

A ball playing midfielder - Rodgers like those. Good news for Johnson and Agger too.

I'm not sure he is so keen on those who only find a teammate 70% of the time though.

Henderson will suit this style of football very well though.

Just glad this is finally all over.

Wouldn't have been my choice, but can understand it. Just glad it's not Martinez.

It seems Rodgers has something about him. It's still a gamble, but lets see how this plays out.

Hopefully he'll sort out in a footballing sense. For the past 4 seasons or so, we've been watching 11 headless chickens on the pitch without a strategy or game plan.

Just sorting out of shite set pieces would ace too.

Didn't Rodgers initially say when he turned us down that he'll look to shift some of our players?

That would be fucking ace.

Eh?

Buck wasn't my choice and I kinda thought he was a dick when he declined to talk to us; the arrogance of it. I am equally undewhelmed by the appointment. Why the sudden change in talking to us (if indeed that's the case)? Are we still going to see the technical/sporting/DoF system? If not, why has the course changed?

In any event, I'll go the game, support the team, as always. But this is a giant leap from Swansea to Liverpool, so I'll reserve judgment of his coaching until I see results on the pitch.

Guest San Don
Good post. Someone rep this man.

LOL! Pay 12 quid and do it yourself, tight fucking wad! :whistle:

(This is in jest by the way :yes:)

Has Dave Whelan confirmed this? If he hasn't, and I have heard nothing from the sweaty, sweat shirt selling twat that confirms that his Thunderbird puppet faced prick will not be turning up at Anfield, then I will hold my delight in tune with my piles.

Ok. I'm hopeful. But the fucking Norberts are bastards.

He met with the owners for a few hours and they offer him the job? He must have impressed them in that short time, or he was the number 1 target all along.

Only thing i am worried about is Van Gaal having to much power and influence (if he becomes Dof).

How long will Rodgers be given to implement his style onto the team? If the rumors are true and he has been given a 3 year contract, does this mean FSG want success (or what ever they class as success) immediately? For me a 3 year contract isn't long enough for a 39 year old manager. We are shaking up the club big time and i don't think this will be done in 3 years.

Buck wasn't my choice and I kinda thought he was a dick when he declined to talk to us; the arrogance of it. I am equally undewhelmed by the appointment. Why the sudden change in talking to us (if indeed that's the case)? Are we still going to see the technical/sporting/DoF system? If not, why has the course changed?

In any event, I'll go the game, support the team, as always. But this is a giant leap from Swansea to Liverpool, so I'll reserve judgment of his coaching until I see results on the pitch.

it wasnt arrogance, hes an Ulsterman, were not arrogant. Would you want to be thrown into the hat with 12 others? perhaps used like Martinez a stalking horse. i think Rodgers was always the number one target. We dont need to worry about CL for a few years and he knows how to beat big teams and play good footy in the prem.

I think that as long as he's given time (i.e. longer than one season) he has the potential to do well. He clearly needs to improve on what went before in terms of the league (i.e. closer to European positions) but he won't impose a new style in one season, in my opinion.

Also, to a post earlier about how our top (all foreign I noticed) players will warm to him, I suspect they'll be a lot easier to persuade to the new regime than the British players. He'll bring a continental approach to the game & I suspect they'll flourish.