You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

Where is your evidence for this? Is it the one season at Porto or the disastrous half season at Chelsea?

What was disastrous about it was that Abramovich couldn't see what was right in front of him, or maybe just as likely he could and didn't give a shit. It does however show how narrow minded Chelsea fans are and how the bigger picture eludes them.

AVB was clearly trying to stamp his authority on the side because he had a long term goal. He wanted to stop Chelsea relying on the same OLD players and he wanted them to play more as a team as his team Porto did.

AVB's crime was simple, he wanted to sacrifice now for the future and since we have no now he would have been perfect for us as I said all along.

First of all tactically Chelsea simply didn't have the personnel to deal with playing a higher line, unlike us.

Second off they massively over relied on Drogba to score their goals and while AVB wanted Drogba to remain in the side, he wanted to see the ball played more to his feet.

Finally there was the politics and drama that Abramovich, Terry, Drogba and Lampard bring amoung others. AVB never stood a chance and his parting shot to drop Cole, Lampard and Essien against Napoli was the penultimate nail in the coffin.

Give this man footballers that want to work as a team, pass and move and develop their game and he will show you how beautiful the game can be. Jesualdo Ferreira like Rijkaard at Barca built the foundations and yes it is a risk as AVB has never had to or been given time to build his own team but I believe it is a risk well worth taking if we can get the right DOF behind him because what he can do when he gets the right players is nothing short of spectacular at times.

He's an intelligent man, guess he's happy with the way things are going at Swansea. Probably doesn't want to take on a big rebuild job yet, add to that the fact that he will be carrying on from Kenny and given the reaction/chance Roy got after Rafa was sacked I don't blame him for not wanting to make such a big step so early in his career.

my thinking also.INTELLIGENT AND CLUED UP.

It's easy to get all worked up because the press has told you that it's a 'Snub'

The reality is probably totally different, as said previously on this thread, he doesn't feel he's experienced to make such a leap just yet. I think that's sensible and respectworthy. Nothing wrong with this at all in my eyes.

He's got his head screwed on has Rogers.

Who are these freaks anyway?

You've got massive cunts like The Dude Abides who EVERYONE hates still green.

I suspect Dark Arts

Many dodgy posters on this site, I was in the green then suddenly red, as I think I posted "IF the King were to leave, Id have Rafa as my choice" - a criminal offence it seems??

It's easy to get all worked up because the press has told you that it's a 'Snub'

The reality is probably totally different, as said previously on this thread, he doesn't feel he's experienced to make such a leap just yet. I think that's sensible and respectworthy. Nothing wrong with this at all in my eyes.

He's got his head screwed on has Rogers.

Either that, or maybe he feels that being one out of a load of people being approached kinda proves a couple of things. Like the owners haven't got a clue what they want or why.

Either that, or maybe he feels that being one out of a load of people being approached kinda proves a couple of things. Like the owners haven't got a clue what they want or why.

The reason he declined, according to what the Guardian were implying, that he feels he has proven enough to not be part of an interview process and have the job offered to him straight up.

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers turns down Liverpool | Football | guardian.co.uk

Brendan Rodgers has turned down an approach from Liverpool. The Swansea City manager was invited to be interviewed for the position to replace Kenny Dalglish but he has declined on the basis that Liverpool should be fully aware of what he brings to the table without the need to be part of a process

There is also a feeling among those close to Rodgers that Swansea's performance at Anfield in November, when they were applauded off the pitch by the Liverpool supporters, together with the 1-0 victory over Dalglish's team on the last day of the season, should provide more than enough evidence of his qualities, as opposed to being part of a formal interview process.

The reason he declined, according to what the Guardian were implying, that he feels he has proven enough to not be part of an interview process and have the job offered to him straight up.

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers turns down Liverpool | Football | guardian.co.uk

He fucking wishes.

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I feel a bit soft to be honest. I was congratulating Rodgers for his humility & his wanting to keep learning the trade when in reality he was annoyed that we weren't throwing down rose petals from the King Harry for him to walk on.

Oh, he's walking on alright.

This week just sucks...

My first thought was "Cheeky Bastard" second was "Thank fuck for that" third was "What the hell are we doing?"

Next week we'll be having a fucking 'Careers Fair' at Anfield at this rate.

Do we really hope to attract a top man if we seem happy to offer this opportunity to just about anybody who manages a club who wasn't relegated last season?

Utterly clueless.