You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

I think he was a little "deer in the headlights" his first season - but has matured and grown into the position.

To be fair to him, he inherited a squad low in morale and quality, and without an identity in terms of how it played. All things considered he has been superb.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Looking the fact I was on the Rodgers train from day one. Loads more on it now. Looks like one of those trains in India with all the lads hanging off the sides.

On it? I've been driving the fucker.

• Upvote 1

I said to a few people at the time of him taking over that we got him at the right time. He had the potential to do a lot more with Swansea, and we may have missed out on him to another of the Top Four clubs.

Love how he's developing everything about us. There'll be a few more bumps along the way, but good fuck, I'm loving it.

I said to a few people at the time of him taking over that we got him at the right time. He had the potential to do a lot more with Swansea, and we may have missed out on him to another of the Top Four clubs.

Love how he's developing everything about us. There'll be a few more bumps along the way, but good fuck, I'm loving it.

He'd be even better if he got the players he wanted.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He was called tactically naive by quite a few on here in some games this season and last. Well, the tactical tweaks he has pulled lately have been absolutely masterful. Firstly, he seems to have negated several of the flaws of the midfield - the lack of pace and mobility is much less of an issue now because he has switched it up. For me, he obviously knows there are certain issues in the middle of the park, but he has changed things so they become much less of an issue.

Firstly, with the talk about a new position for Gerrard, and the poor display at Villa, I just figured it was going to be a DM role with some Alonso-style passing. I just didn't like it, and I didn't like what he was doing against Villa. Now, though, he has pulled Gerrard so deep that I'm struggling to call him a midfielder. His average position is the deepest of all players, bar the keeper. That totally covers for his lack of mobility and gives him more time for short passes, whilst also playing to strengths. I do worry that any teams that go out to press Gerrard will see us concede goals and drop points, but given the space like he was against Everton and Arsenal, he has been very good.

Secondly is Coutinho. The way he is pulling back into midfield - much deeper than he has been doing before - is really adding something I'd wanted to see in the midfield for a long time, which was somebody who could carry the ball forward. Coutinho keeps the ball incredibly well, then brings it forward and does something with it. A proper number 10 with added benefits. If we can add ball retention to that, we're going to be pretty hard to beat. I still worry when we're pressed, though. That's when we get exposed with too few people in the middle.

Fair play to the gaffer. I know some people think he talks too much, but that's just the modern game - some cunt always sticking a microphone under your nose for the 24-hour media circus.

I think he has a lot of gravitas, and I love hearing him talk about the club the way he does - respect the club, the fans, the traditions. Play for the shirt and each other and give your all. Sure, he's made mistakes but just look at the performances and some of the results he's given us so far. There's been so much to enjoy. I just hope the owners give him the financial support he needs to build a fucking empire.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rumour has it, that he put 3 of our usernames in the envelopes.

Trucker Paddy's in there. That's a fact. As is Code. And Dicko.

Not to restart old arguments but contrast that with Rafa's goal reactions. Have to believe the players react to that passion and translate it onto the pitch.That really annoyed me about Rafa how in God's name he couldn't seem to enjoy us scoring was beyond me , Just gonna add though that the first 20 minutes yesterday was absolutely breath taking can't remember the last time we played like that

Not to restart old arguments but contrast that with Rafa's goal reactions. Have to believe the players react to that passion and translate it onto the pitch.That really annoyed me about Rafa how in God's name he couldn't seem to enjoy us scoring was beyond me , Just gonna add though that the first 20 minutes yesterday was absolutely breath taking can't remember the last time we played like that

different people, different personalities and all that. I think Rafa always tried to keep cool as he was a perfectionist and maybe thought by getting worked up over a goal would make him lose his concentration on whatever he was trying to do during a match.

• Upvote 4