You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Give him a chance

fowler9

last thing we need is the inevitable histrionics, just see how he does we all have no idea how its going to work out, could be a great appointment, could be awful lets just see

Young manager who has done well everywhere he has been and plays decent football and has found some brilliant signings on the cheap only downside is unproven at a higher level

good luck to him if it goes through

That doesn't make sense.

He hasn't done anything to even deserve an interview.

So how can he be qualified?

he's been a manager for five seasons, first season he got Swansea promoted, second season not far from the play offs in the league above and has then kept Wigan up three seasons in a row

is that really any easier task than keeping say Arsenal in the top 4 year after year?

have your reservations fine but as a football manager who has done well in his career so far he deserves a chance just like the Owl did, if he procedes to be as useless as Hodgson then yes berate him all you like but just because he is from a small club doesn't mean he will do a shit job, we all have no idea how he'll do

That doesn't make sense.

He hasn't done anything to even deserve an interview.

So how can he be qualified?

What qualified Klopp for Dortmund? Did nothing previously.

Antonio Conte? Small team manager.

Rene Girard? Youth team coach!

Frank de Boer? No experience at all.

Give him a chance ?

Why should we be the club to give him a chance at a high level ?

What has he done to justify Liverpool Football Club appointing him ?

What the fuck has he even done for the powers that be to even consider him, unless we've been turned down by the top managers out there and available ?

He ought to at least prove himself somewhere else first. Im sorry but fucking Swansea and Wigan dont do it for me. Especially not when we have CL, EL, LL, SA winning managers without contract...

Done well?He has a win rate of 27%.

What would kenny or Rafa's have been at Wigan?

It was 50% at Swansea.

There is a defeatist tendency amongst some to demand something that is unlikley to happen (Rafa), simply to provide an excuse to moan about whoever else is appointed.

Give him a chance ?Why should we be the club to give him a chance at a high level ?...

Kenny had not worked as a manager for thirteen years.

Hodgson had won nothing at the highest level.

We appointed both.

Welcome to Liverpool FC 2012.

Remember it's only a meeting it's not a done deal yet.

IF he comes we must get behind him from day one and give him all the support we did when Kenny came back.

If he then fails we can put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the owners.

If he doesn't and we end up playing good football, winning games and looking like the club we all want it to be then we can all pat the owners on the back for a master stroke in appointing him.

First we have to see who they decide is the man to take us forward in their "long term plan".

For me it isnt about if Martinez is the right man or not it is the statement it sends out to the rest of the world this board has had three managers each time they profess they have the right man Roy Hodgson Kenny Dalglish and Roberto Martinez now if you are a player at a top club in Europe with the choice of the top clubs in England and Europe does that look like the club who has the ambition to be the world leader in its field

If you want to be the best you employ the best people in the best positions that is how you become the best

So i ask you is he the best that we can get and also if you had a wish list and magic wand to put in place the manager of your dreams would Roberto Martinez be that man

I think that answers your question mark my words we will be in this position again inside 12 months

If Martinez has been measured and found to be the best then where do the likes of Pardew and Moyes rate they two have punched above their weight so why not one of those

I will back our manager no matter who he is but cant help but have the feeling we have been here before and will be back here again

For me it isnt about if Martinez is the right man or not it is the statement it sends out to the rest of the world this board has had three managers each time they profess they have the right man Roy Hodgson Kenny Dalglish and Roberto Martinez now if you are a player at a top club in Europe with the choice of the top clubs in England and Europe does that look like the club who has the ambition to be the world leader in its field

If you want to be the best you employ the best people in the best positions that is how you become the best

So i ask you is he the best that we can get and also if you had a wish list and magic wand to put in place the manager of your dreams would Roberto Martinez be that man

I think that answers your question mark my words we will be in this position again inside 12 months

If Martinez has been measured and found to be the best then where do the likes of Pardew and Moyes rate they two have punched above their weight so why not one of those

I will back our manager no matter who he is but cant help but have the feeling we have been here before and will be back here again

Good post.

No matter who it is, it won't be Kenny as far as aura/status goes. (That ship has sailed, and even if you or I don't agree there is no going back). Far too much histrionics flying around about this name and that name. I'm happy sitting back, enjoying(???) the process and am willing to give the new fella, the new setup and presumably the new signings a fair chance. I will be as excited as anyone first game of the season to see where this new direction (not nude erection) takes us.

Good post.

No matter who it is, it won't be Kenny as far as aura/status goes. (That ship has sailed, and even if you or I don't agree there is no going back). Far too much histrionics flying around about this name and that name. I'm happy sitting back, enjoying(???) the process and am willing to give the new fella, the new setup and presumably the new signings a fair chance. I will be as excited as anyone first game of the season to see where this new direction (not nude erection) takes us.

Have to say I was really positive about the new season. Thought the King was on the right track. New kit was looking good all was looking rosey and now I really can't be arsed!!!

If he does become manager, it won't mean shit what we think of him. FSG will sack him when he fails to get us into the top 4. If they were not prepared to give a Liverpool legend more than one full season, there is no fucking way they will give a no-mark like Martinez any more time.

If he does become manager, it won't mean shit what we think of him. FSG will sack him when he fails to get us into the top 4. If they were not prepared to give a Liverpool legend more than one full season, there is no fucking way they will give a no-mark like Martinez any more time.

That is unless they think Martinez has other qualities. Say, for example, identifying players for a small amount, helping their development and then selling them to bigger teams for a sizable profit.

Obviously there are a few wild men out there who, bizarrely, think winning competitions is success, but if Martinez could increase our revenue streams, then that would be a very good season.