You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want to manage us next.  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage us next.

I'm liking the Laudrup link!

Why?

Take a look here from two years back when we sacked rafa.

www.level3football.com

This is my comment to the thread with a few updates since its been a while since it was posted.

When Laudrup got the job at Brøndby they were the leading club in Denmark and they had just won the league.

In Laudrups time at Brøndby FC Copenhagen established themselves as the new power in Danish football so I dont think the one title he won at Brøndby should be used much as a positive when discussing Laudrup.

If we look at the numbers from before and after he got appointed it does not really show any signs of free attacking football either, Brøndby scored far less goals with Laudrup as manager than before he was appointed, in fact they scored 70+ goals in 3 of the 4 seasons before Laudrup got the job, something he never achieved.

The season before Laudrup was appointed.

01/02: 1. Brøndby 33 20 9 4 74-28 69p

Laudrup gets appointed.

02/03: 2. Brøndby 33 15 11 7 61-35 56p

03/04: 2. Brøndby 33 20 7 6 55-29 67p

04/05: 1 Brøndby 33 20 9 4 61-23 69p

05/06: 2.Brøndby 33 21 4 8 60-34 67p

Then he took over Getafe after Schuster and he took them backwards too, so not much to talk about there either to be honest.

Schuster had Getafe finishing 9th in La Liga two seasons in a row, when Laudrup took charge he got them finishing 15th and with a negative goal difference on top.

Schuster:

05/06: 9. Getafe 38 15 9 14 54-49 54p

06/07: 9. Getafe 38 14 10 14 39-33 52p

Laudrup:

07/08: 15. Getafe 38 12 11 15 44-48 47p

After Laudrup:

08/09: 17. Getafe 38 10 12 16 50-56 42p

09/10: 6. Getafe 38 17 7 14 58-48 58p

Then he had a short stint at Spartak Moscow but was sacked after half a season after poor results.

Then it was Mallorca, the season before Laudrup got appointed Mallorca had a pretty good season finishing 5th, just 1 point behind Sevilla in 4th, but again Laudrup has come in and made them worse and they finished just above relegation

Before Laudrup:

09/10: 5. Mallorca 38 18 8 12 59-44 62p

Laudrup:

10/11: 17. Mallorca 38 12 8 18 41-56 44p

11/12: 11. Mallorca 5 2 0 3 3-5 6p

After Laudrup:

11/12: 8. Mallorca 38 14 10 14 42-46 52p

11/12: 8. Mallorca 33 12 10 11 39-41 46p

Why Laudrup keeps getting linked to big jobs only God knows, but one thing is certain, its got nothing to do with his achievments as a coach/manager because without a glorious career as a player and the romantic picture people might get in their head about how he would get the team performing most people would not even know who he was.

He is not really that young either is he at the age of 48?

• Upvote 1

An FA Cup and CL are what the record books will say.

Obviously as they were still competing in both cups when AVB got the sack, unlike both manc teams as an example.

Will AVB get his medal by the way, something I never have thought about before, after all he guided Chelsea through 7 games in the CL while Di Matteo only did 6.

Had it been a player he would get a medal would he not?

• Upvote 1

love Bielsa or klopp but something tells me (for some strange reason) that rogers would be great....

his attacking footie,hungry to be a 'big' manager and a success,way he conducts himself is class,played us off park 2 times this season,no nonsense irishman......

just have a feeling he's gonna be a top manager when he gets the chance and support

brian reade said something yesterday in the mirror yesterday about capeelo on a 3year deal and put carra as he,s assitant not the worst of idea,s i would say that.

I'd want Capello but maybe not with Carra, I'd worry about communication, Capello speaks pidgin English, Carra may not be the best translator to some South American player

brian reade said something yesterday in the mirror yesterday about capeelo on a 3year deal and put carra as he,s assitant not the worst of idea,s i would say that.

Capello of about ten years ago was IMO the best manager in footy, that Capello I'd take in a heart beat, now I think he's too old and doesn't give a fuck at least that's the impression I got with England. Good to see Rafa's still pissing this poll!

Yeah am not keen on Capello meself after the poor WC showing more than anything else.

Ancellotti Id be fine with but, theres just one more thing:

columbo.jpg

He's too old for the ageist FSG to consider, is he not?

Wont be on their Mikel Madar radar mefinks.

I think we can save our time and rule him out from the getgo.

Chelsea issued a statement, that Di Matteo is 'in the mix' for the permanent Chelsea job. That doesn't sound convincing. Does he want it? Would he relish the chance to move Liverpool up the league?? Do we care, or does the owl face really look that hideous?!?

He recently experienced a very vocal passionate Kop and Co and an Anfield atmosphere to quicken the pulse as we slaughtered his team in the final home game. What was he thinking? Did he find it captivating?

I'd actually give him a chance if he was on our hit-list.

Would Rafa, if offered, turn the job down? Knowing just how much there is to do and the task that he will no doubt be asked to take on, would he really want to come back? It's obvious that failing to do what the owners want, is not an option.

Who knows for sure? There's no doubt he's been waiting for us to offer him the job, but by the same token he's gone to great lengths to make sure people know he's not looking for just a job. He wants a 'Project'. While what FSG are embarking on is definitely of that order would he be comfortable doing their project vs. his. Could he be a subordinate part? Not sure.

Rafa would love to come back but I dont thin they'll go for him

They'll want a clean slate

They've quite clearly stated that they want youth. They've also stated (through Ayre) that they wont go near 'another cult hero' of the fans like KK is.