You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I have little problem with FSG. I think their plan is right, we have to spend better, but we are still spending. I think they are right to go for younger players generally and look for value, that's just common sense. That won't rule out older players if they are worth what we'd have to pay.

I think the one area where FSG have got it wrong is employing the wrong people. Chang and Comolli are the two obvious ones. I also didn't like the way they treated Dalglish when he got sacked.

However overall I think they are getting our house in order. I just wish our managers spent the money better that they have done. The prices we have paid for Carroll and Downing don't represent value and I think FSG agreed and got rid of Comolli. Dalglish went for poor results.

I have no problem with us spending the prices we did for Henderson or Allen, because they are young talents and you have to pay those types of prices for such players. They could develop into stars, they might not, but it is unlikely they will depreciate too much and they could play for us for many years. I personally don't think signing Allen was a good move however given the areas we needed to strengthen in the squad. I'd rather stick with Spearing as back up and spend the £15 million on another match winner, like Sturridge.

But back to FSG, on the whole I think they have been good owners thus far. They still need to sort out the stadium, although I like that idea as well. Staying at Anfield is what I wanted and it also made financial sense, no point spending 300+ million on a new stadium for an extra 15,000 seats, especially when we can extend Anfield, our home!

But I think they are doing far more good than bad. They inherited a mess and we are beginning to get out of it. Not many overpaid flops in the squad now, but when they arrived - Ngog, Cole, Aquilani, Konchesky, Soto, Poulsen, Degen, Jovanovic etc.

They have got rid of the costly flops, even if that meant paying them off. They have given contracts to our best players or prospects - Shelvey, Suso, Sterling, Skrtel, Suarez, Agger etc. Removed our debt, look to be making progress on the stadium and have backed our managers in the transfer market.

Not perfect, but they don't deserve all the shit they get from our fans.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Allen's had two decent months since he's been here. 'Decent' taking into account we were told it wasn't his real position that he was playing in so you forgave him for not putting his foot in or being in the right place at key times.

Since that initial period he's been the weakest link of a flimsy at best midifeld.

No idea what evidence you've seen to class him as being worth £15m.

Nonsense.

Stick with what you know - I don't see it as a problem for a new manager, Rafa bought Luis, Pelligrini and Morientes and Maureen bought Carvallio, even Mancini brought Balotelli, almost all managers have done it.

He's not going to get far buying players he knows after only a year in the division previously though. I think he will look further afield, but will have to rely on his scouting team to do it effectively. Hopefully they're coming up with options for him.

He's not going to get far buying players he knows after only a year in the division previously though. I think he will look further afield, but will have to rely on his scouting team to do it effectively. Hopefully they're coming up with options for him.

That is why I said for a new manager Zig!

If he is looking for spending some money in the summer - he'd struggle to get much that is top class in this shit heap of a league.

Shocking Revelations:Liverpool owners only cares about "players being sex symbols"

Liverpool's American owners John W Henry and Tom Werner have been criticised by an ex-employee for 'not having a clue about sport'.

Former Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona has revealed that the pair were more concerned with having 'good-looking stars' and producing players who are 'sex symbols' than caring how the team actually did.

Francona said: 'They (the consultants) told us we didn’t have any marketable players, that we needed some sizzle. We need some sexy guys.

'Talk about the tail wagging the dog. This is like an absurdist comedy. We'd become too big. It was the farthest thing removed from what we set out to be.'

LFC Transfer Spec | Profile on Sulia

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sense.

Not even close to being true. A skewed and distorted version of events, at best, with no vision, perspective or understanding.

This is about as relevant to us - or rather, their ownership of us - as me having a considerably long shit this morning.

They have a history of winning in sport, as owners in a side that struggled to do so for a while.

Sounds very similar to us.

They won two world series after 80ish years without one!

Clueless fuckers aren't they?

This is about as relevant to us - or rather, their ownership of us - as me having a considerably long shit this morning.

Would it have killed you to have read the previous few posts?

I was responding to the previous post - about the Red Sox.

In hindsight - they were right, Dempsey was not worth £6m.

It took them all summer to decide this? With absolutely no back up plan. It was the right decision to effectively leave us with one recognised striker?

Clueless fuckers aren't they?

Yes. Yes they are.

Out of Sahin, Yesil, Assaidi, Borini, Sturridge and Allen, the latter three are either British or have worked with him before. The former three are foreign and have not worked with him before. So it's clearly not a transfer policy.

Wasn't Assaidi not Rodgers' signing?

And Sahin has already been fucked off.

It took them all summer to decide this? With absolutely no back up plan. It was the right decision to effectively leave us with one recognised striker?

They made a couple of offers. One for a fee and one offering Henderson in exchange (which Henderson rejected - thankfully!).

In the end, we could reach a deal and refused to pay over the odds for him. I see nothing wrong with that.

Yes we should have had other options, but I don't think that is their job, that's the job for Rodgers and his scouts (who we didn't have at the time).

This is what makes their argument of "value" worthless.

Sure if you don't think Player A represents value, thats fine. Guess what you're supposed to do next?

Find another fucking player.

Wasn't Assaidi not Rodgers' signing?

Was signed by the scouting team (the new scouts we got off City) according to Andy Heaton.

I'm sure Rodgers had a say, but it seems the new scouts recommended him.

They made a couple of offers. One for a fee and one offering Henderson in exchange (which Henderson rejected - thankfully!).

In the end, we could reach a deal and refused to pay over the odds for him. I see nothing wrong with that.

Yes we should have had other options, but I don't think that is their job, that's the job for Rodgers and his scouts (who we didn't have at the time).

Jesus wept. Talk about deluded. Rodgers wants player. Rodgers is under the impression we will sign player. Last minute FSG decide the player is worth too much despite tapping him up, despite his signing being announced on NESN.

You either bend over backwards to defend these businessmen who have no clue about the game because you're either trolling or completely off your head.

Yes. Yes they are.

Well, first thing is - they decided he was worth £4m, and they refused to budge. Had Spurs not come in, things might have been different - but they did and we were left in a low tide with our pants down.

And yes, in hindsight it was still the right decision because he is shit - in hindsight the wrong decision was a. not getting Sturridge in b. letting knobhead go (because we would have missed his contribution).

And as for clueless - when you have taken over numerous clubs sports teams, then come back and tell me how clueless they are!

Jesus wept. Talk about deluded. Rodgers wants player. Rodgers is under the impression we will sign player. Last minute FSG decide the player is worth too much despite tapping him up, despite his signing being announced on NESN.

You either bend over backwards to defend these businessmen who have no clue about the game because you're either trolling or completely off your head.

I said I'd neg anyone who replied to posts starting "Jesus wept", "fucking hell", Jesus christ" etc. I have to spread, but I'll be back for you!

If you read my post above about them I have praised what I think they have done right and criticised what I think they have done wrong, that's called being fair and balanced.

Given we never agreed a deal with Fulham for Dempsey, I don't think FSG every changed their mind that he was too expensive. They just hoped they could reach an agreement, for what we thought he was worth. He'd have wanted at least a 3 year contract, on 60k wages, plus transfer fee with little sell on value. I have no problem with us being prudent, given what we spent on similar deals over the years like Jovanovic or Joe Cole.

We offered a price what he thought he was worth, it was rejected.

We then offered a player exchange, as Henderson is on 60k a week that would match the Dempsey wages and thus paying for him.

After that we decided to move on, but unfortunately our other target in Sturridge we couldn't get at the end of the season, so we ended up with no one.

It was a lesson learnt to Rodgers and FSG. We need to have more options or get deals done earlier, as we did this time with Sturridge. Also Rodgers shouldn't get rid of someone like Carroll until we have a replacement.

Well, first thing is - they decided he was worth £4m, and they refused to budge. Had Spurs not come in, things might have been different - but they did and we were left in a low tide with our pants down.

And yes, in hindsight it was still the right decision because he is shit - in hindsight the wrong decision was a. not getting Sturridge in b. letting knobhead go (because we would have missed his contribution).

And as for clueless - when you have taken over numerous clubs sports teams, then come back and tell me how clueless they are!

So they've taken over numerous sports teams - and what? They've got loads of money, nice one. Did you see what happened at the Florida Marlins with JWH? They couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Rodgers wanted the player, since when have the owners become bigger experts in football?

You're scraping the barrel in your defence of these businessmen.

Who cares about Spurs we had all summer to decide on a number of options.