You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

which one? Lim or the Rocket

Idle speculation is fine, but at the end of the day there was only one bid on the table that met all the criteria. Weasel words and bluster from failed bidders who refused to be entertained on their terms is lovely if you believe in conspiracy theories, but it's irrelevant.

Well Purslow was quoted as saying FSG/NESV(was it at the time) were the bottom of the barrel buyers which makes me doubt they were the preferred bidders.

If what Purslow said was true(which probably is hard for anyone to know) then it sounds like FSG were the only bidders in town.

But again like, nobody knows the full story. Not one of us here knows who was definitely legit and who wasn't. People were claiming Kenny Huang was a bullshitter for months and now hes sitting on the board of Inter Milan.

Idle speculation is fine, but at the end of the day there was only one bid on the table that met all the criteria. Weasel words and bluster from failed bidders who refused to be entertained on their terms is lovely if you believe in conspiracy theories, but it's irrelevant.
Was'nt part of the criteria the statuim ? I'm still not convinced we'll ever see any progress on this under their tenure.

All to profit from a new ground.

Something we're still country miles away from. And theres no telling how the deal may or may not benefit Inter.

But being honest, I couldn't give a fuck about Kenny Huang, I'm happy with who we have because essentially it means we still exist.

I prefer the club existing than someone offering to build us a stadium.

It'd be fucking nice though to have both.

Guest ShoePiss
Was'nt part of the criteria the statuim ? I'm still not convinced we'll ever see any progress on this under their tenure.

Beyond saying yeah we'll have a new stadium or expansion on our agenda there was nothing. There was no legal obligation to build or expand Anfield.

I also kind of picture xerxes to be a little bespectacled fella with advanced male pattern baldness and a fixed, sickly grin.ie ATK will twat him into next week.

With ATK so wide of the mark on the facts, I am happy for the detail, rather than personality, to speak for itself.

Edited by xerxes

Guest alantkayll
With ATK so wide of the mark on the facts, I am happy for the detail, rather than personality, to speak for itself.

We'll I'll bring to the table and I have spoken to them face to face and by phone.

Purslow,Ayre and Roger Lowry of RBS, that Peter Lim left London the day before the club was bought having agreed a price. I won't go into more because of the law suit still going on.

You bring your mate from the echo.

Guest alantkayll

Interviewer: You’ve had many false starts during the six months you’ve been Chairman, bidders from China, Kuwait, India, America have all came and gone. What is it that’s persuaded you this is the most appropriate new owner for this football club?

Broughton: First of all a lot of those ‘false starts’ were not actual bidders. They were potential bidders and in some cases mirages. These two bidders are the two who at the end of an exhaustive process -and you have to be living on planet Zog to not know the club is for sale. We’ve contacted hundreds of different people and some have contacted us directly. At the end of that process we had two valid bids, both from excellent prospective owners, who were competing with each other which I think demonstrates exactly what the market price is.

It's ITKs v atk! Book your seats now.

Hhmm one spoke a ton of shit about Rafa and never backed any of it up. The other speaks a ton of shit constantly and when rattled always without fail knows someone who is ITK (this was also a regular thing on RAWK).

My moneys on neither of them having a clue.

Why was Broughton all for NESV?

Alan knows, or is representing, only half of the story.

The answer to your question is- he wasn't. Broughton had a responsibility to deliver the best proceedable price, and did. NESV produced a non-refundable deposit, Lim didn't. Fact.

I do not believe that it is true that Purslow favoured Lim, but do believe it is true that he had reservations about NESV's preparedness to inject net into finance LFC. He was right.

The problem with Lim was that not only do i understand that he could not produce a non refundable deposit, but that he was unable to produce proof of funds. That was because I understand that he intended to do a Carson Yeung -secure a binding commitment to sell, and then put the consortium together afterwards creaming off an instant profit for himself. The difference was that the NESV consortium was oven ready- Lim's was not. Could he have got the money together? Maybe. Over what timeframe, (with a likely extended period ( it took Yeung a year) further damaging the club) no-one knew? Withwhat investors? No-one knew. There is a big difference between making a higher bid, and it being deliverable.

I am surprised that Alan would bring Ayre as a credible witness for anything other than shirt sales.In any case the detail was subject to a confidentiality agreement so for much of this you just have to take a view. I deal with RBS weekly as our business brokers nine figure commercial deals with them so understand the processes, and the players. I am not party to confidential detail though, not that I need to be, as most was pretty well covered in the press.

Broughton did a fine job in very difficult circumstances.