You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Really? Everyone is at the least disillusioned, at the most really really lathered up - the club is in by far the best shape it has ever been for a sale to a truly qualified party and that is who you think the buyer would be?

I was joking.

If we get new owners, they could be little green men from Mars for all I care as long as they help make us boss again.

I want rich investors who like football and share the passion of fans for the game and the club. Owners that will invest their money in the team and a stadium and collect the benefits a decade or two from now, similar to Berlusconi for example.

What would you like? A hedge fund group with no interest in the game or the club, just the £££ ?

Berlusconi - are you fucking kidding?

Right now I think we need ownership who are committed to the long term future of the club, with their fingers already in the economy of the UK and hopefully with strong ties in construction/real estate development.

I want rich investors who like football and share the passion of fans for the game and the club. Owners that will invest their money in the team and a stadium and collect the benefits a decade or two from now, similar to Berlusconi for example.

What would you like? A hedge fund group with no interest in the game or the club, just the £££ ?

You're in dreamland. No investor will countenance a return on a highly speculative investment after 10 years, let alone 20. What you're after is a sugar daddy, might as well be upfront about it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Questions need to be asked, but fuck me, you'd swear by the reaction that FSG were another Hicks and Gillett.

Yep, some just seem to think they're a continuation. They're clearly not.

Hope we end up with a decent CEO though. A football man like Dein.

I said last night i blame Ayre entirely for this.

He should have resigned at 9am this morning. He failed to do what someone in his job is expected to do therefore he simply shouldn't be doing it. Simple as that.

Broker sponsorship deals is all well and good - dealing with agents and Premiership chairmen is a whole different story - and Ayre has been found out for the wannabe he is. I don't absolve the owners at all, they are culpable in their own rights - but this unmitigated disaster from the last 36 hours falls solely at the feet of the man who's job it is to keep the football club competitive - and that man is Ian Ayre. If a resignation wasn't tendered this morning he should be sacked this afternoon after he fumbles his excuses to whoever wants answers to this mess.

Absolutely shocking turn of events. Im beyond fuming about it.

Yep, some just seem to think they're a continuation. They're clearly not.

Hope we end up with a decent CEO though. A football man like Dein.

It's not like most of this wasn't expected anyway. Journalists like Ben Smith and Tony Barrett were saying that the budget was £30m before Rodgers got the job. We all knew that the owners weren't happy with the size of the wage bill and the players Dalglish and Comolli signed last season. They were going to be sold. The wage bill was always too high.

Not signing a centre forward was incredibly frustrating but the good things that have been done in this window should not be overlooked because the club made a massive error last night.

They are, they're American.

I'm Irish, does that mean I'm a terrorist in the IRA?

But I remember them hiring "an independent firm" to recruit a world class CEO, from around the worl but they instead appointed Ayre. Probably to save wages again.

It was Torres' fault, Kenny's fault, Commolli's fault, Carroll's fault, the fans' fault et... It was inevitable to turn agianst their favourite employee. Furious we "missed out on a 6m striker"? Yeah right. It's not like Ayre sets the budget.

With this blame game they are buying time. They will be ruthless untill the offload us for a profit. Next in line is Rodgers.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Was told yesterday, Brendan Rodgers only realised his £20m summer transfer budget included wages, very late on.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but didn't the same thing happen to Rafa aswell?

yeah we ended up having to buy kyrgiakos for 1.5m because that's all that was left after new players transfer fees and wages.

I thought our manager had to speak to FSG directly over the last 48 hours to convince them to release funds for Dempsey?

Ayre's will not be setting the budget, FSG will.

What a surprise that within a few hours of yesterdays disaster stories are beginning to leak to the media blaming our managing director. At what point to do FSG take responsibility here, there is only one consistent element to two years of regular cock-ups, FSG.

I thought our manager had to speak to FSG directly over the last 48 hours to convince them to release funds for Dempsey?

Ayre's will not be setting the budget, FSG will.

What a surprise that within a few hours of yesterdays disaster stories are beginning to leak to the media blaming our managing director. At what point to do FSG take responsibility here, there is only one consistent element to two years of regular cock-ups, FSG.

Exactly.

Ayre can't be blamed for us not having a pot to piss in, going cap in hand to Chelsea asking for a loan deal and making bids to fulham that were bettered by Aston fucking villa. It's no surprise both these clubs told us were to go.

It's time people started looking higher up the food chain at those who're handing us lambs to slaughter after every botched decision the club makes.