You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Had we signed just one player, like Leandro Damiao, a lot of those who are really pissed off right now would be like giddy school-girls. Not everybody, some clearly have other issues with them, but to swing from giddiness to rage over the inability to get a player is daft.

I think the financial investment has, at best, been pretty average this summer. Rogers has done very well with it, buying some very decent players, but if we want fourth, they're going to have to chip in a bit more.

That's a bit unfair, Hank: Damiao would have meant we had 3 forwards, which would have been great, yes. We didn't and they've left us weaker up front than we were last season. They've also misled and undermined BR, and done it for the world to see.

Ha ha ha! Fucking financial expert and club insider Neil G holds court, bravo sir, bravo.

Couldn't give a fuck about the bad rep, not in the least, it's all part of the dance.

I'm genuinely delighted and am enjoying reading these threads, it's fascinating, you really DO believe you're a fucking asset to this club don't you. :yes:

Yes...let me taste your tears, NOM NOM NOM

Whatever. It's just nice to see you more upbeat after boring us all with your heartbroken histrionics for two years. I never thought you'd get there, well done.

yeah! lets blame Kenny dalglish!

Un fucking real.

Wool cunts

If we struggle for goals or Suarez gets crocked, it'll all be Kenny's fault for spunking all the money on Carroll, and/or Carroll's fault for refusing to accept a permanent transfer to West Ham. FSG will get a free pass.

So are we allowed to criticise FSG yet? Or are people who do that still just hysterical, kneejerk, agenda-peddling mongs who are still bitter about Kenny?

A lot of people said my OP was over the top, but all I was saying was that FSG should be held to the same standards that they've held others to. If Kenny was judged not to be up to the job and dismissed without sentiment, then FSG shouldn't be exempt from being judged by the same yardstick.

They've stated on several occasions that achieving regular Champions League football is critical to their plan to bring success to Liverpool. They sacked Kenny for falling unacceptably short of that goal, and took a gamble on a young manager that they predicted would do great things for the club. This vaunted manager, in whom they've publicly placed their trust, explicitly stated last weekend that the squad was thin and that he needed to bring more players in, and said in the final hours of the transfer window that we needed more goals in the side. Instead of giving Rodgers the backing he needs and deserves, they've publicly undermined him by moving even more players out and not giving him any money to sign anyone else. They wouldn't even stump up a few extra million for a player who was desperate to come here, who we've been after all summer, and who they themselves publicly bigged up – any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad, according to Werner.

FSG have shown no commitment whatsoever to achieving the goal they've claimed they're aiming for. It's not acceptable, and anybody still defending them after yesterday needs to have a serious word with themselves. No more excuses, no more bullshit about them needing more time to learn about football, no more lame attempts to justify their penny-pinching. They need to step up or fuck off.

Great post, I see little difference between FSG and G&H beyond basic financial competence and media skills. I'm amazed so many are trusting of FSG's intentions after our previous experiences.

It's two years since the purchase, no movement or news about the stadium (does it really take two years just to make a decision?), a substantial reduction in wages despite an increase in TV money and sponsorship. A new manager appointed to apparently get more out of less.

Let's just stick with Tom's own statements.

"we are financially capable to compete with anybody in world football"

"It is critical we make the Champions League because there is so much revenue associated with that"

"We see our competitors not just as Chelsea or Manchester City and Manchester United but we see Barcelona and Real Madrid as teams that are iconic and playing good football."

Seems strange given Tom's statements why our manager would be desperately scrapping around for a couple of million on the last day of the transfer window then?

FSG will get a free pass.

Who is giving FSG a free pass, Neil? Genuine question. As ever the views, whether projected or actual, are hugely polarised. I don't you'll find anyone who will sit there and say FSG aren't to blame in some way for the position we are in. I'd be surprised, anyway.

Ha, you don't know me Neil, internets is internets Prof. G

I don't see Swansea complaining about losing Sinclair, or Allen, they're just getting on with it. Playing Rodgers' system.

We're a better team now than we were last season, no more lazy cunts and bad influences on the kids in training. You get picked if you play well and train well, it's a meritocracy. We're going to fly.

If you want to complain and whine and look for excuses already then that's your problem.

Great post, I see little difference between FSG and G&H beyond basic financial competence and media skills. I'm amazed so many are trusting of FSG's intentions after our previous experiences.

It's two years since the purchase, no movement or news about the stadium (does it really take two years just to make a decision?), a substantial reduction in wages despite an increase in TV money and sponsorship. A new manager appointed to apparently get more out of less.

"It is critical we make the Champions League because there is so much revenue associated with that"

"We see our competitors not just as Chelsea or Manchester City and Manchester United but we see Barcelona and Real Madrid as teams that are iconic and playing good football."

Seems strange given Tom's statements why our manager would be desperately scrapping around for a couple of million on the last day of the transfer window then?

Did Werner actually say this? He said in April that "we have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Looking at the context of the statement I think he was talking about the team being good enough to beat anybody, rather than money. Resources is one of those handy ambiguous words which can mean a number of different things.

You're right though, there's now a large enough collection of statements from them for them to be damned by their own words. I'm particularly interested in the one that Bascombe quoted in his article about Rodgers not having to sell to buy.

I don't see Swansea complaining about losing Sinclair, or Allen, they're just getting on with it. Playing Rodgers' system.

We're a better team now than we were last season, no more lazy cunts and bad influences on the kids in training. You get picked if you play well and train well, it's a meritocracy. We're going to fly.

If you want to complain and whine and look for excuses already then that's your problem.

Maybe because they were replaced immediately. As soon as Allen was sold they bought Michu, ditto with Pablo for Sinclair. Its not rocket science - if you think you might lose a player, seek a replacement. If he goes - sign the player you identified. Its really simple. Its also something we have spectacularly failed to do, yet again.

Who is giving FSG a free pass, Neil? Genuine question. As ever the views, whether projected or actual, are hugely polarised. I don't you'll find anyone who will sit there and say FSG aren't to blame in some way for the position we are in. I'd be surprised, anyway.

The people who are saying that FSG shouldn't be expected to spend big because Kenny wasted so much money. There have been a few on here in the last week or so. When I said they'd give FSG a free pass, I meant specifically on the issue of us not signing a striker. They may be critical of them in other areas, but not that one.

Nah it's FSG's fault for sanctioning about 100m on shite that he wanted ... fucking yanks! Kenny is not to blame for anything.

Kenny has plenty of blame rightfully placed on him for buying those players.

But you dont install a new manager, then go round and tell everyone you are competing with the top clubs. To then pull the rug out from under his feet.

If we have a run of injuries we are in serious shit.

Wener is an out and out liar. Does anyone remember one of the early interviews they did, I think it was on fri night live on lfctv could be wrong, but Werner was asked about players wages. He said he expected to up the wage bill to be competitive. He then came out with the whopper that kenny had his backing and the managers Job wasn't being considered. Then the statement that we could compete financially with anyone in the world. They are not to be trusted and are every bit as bad as our last owners.

Nah it's FSG's fault for sanctioning about 100m on shite that he wanted ... fucking yanks! Kenny is not to blame for anything.

You are hilarious. You should write to uncle John, he will send you a fiver for your on line support.

He managed to save 450k per week around 30m including bonuses, for the upcoming season only from wages, add to that 60m(+bonuses) per season from warrior and Standard Chartered, that's around 100-120m profits, to offer to the rest of his Hudge fund. I'm sure he can afford to send you a fiver.

What really makes me laugh is those blaming Kenny and Commoli. They really need to get a grip of themselves. Remember the lauded Fernando Torres abandoned ship at the 11th hour of the Jan 2020 transfer window. We had, at best, hours to find a replacement and with £50m in our kitty, whoever we bought at the 12th hour was going to be vastly overpriced to make the most of the opportunity. Ashley took full opportunity to make as much as he could out of the deal, lets face it Carroll didnt want to come did he. Please consider how long we had left to gain a replacement and the options available. I am sure Kenny was planning on a Suarez and Torres partnership.

Also lets appreciate that FSG could have said NO to the Torres bid from Chelsea, but they chose not to of course and took the money. I dont blame them for this as £50m is a lot of money and Torres was not on fire at them time. However regarding shirt sales; he was number one and could have been a big part of their future marketing and sponsorship campaigns.

At an aftermatch interview on Sky Sports after the Blackburn away game last season, Brad Frediel said that Downing was just as shite in his first season with Villa, but settled down in the second season and became the player that made him so attractive to buy. Lets face it, the season before he came to us he was on fire and I understand he was the one of the top assist players that season. Last season he was a massive let down to Kenny. The club and the shirt are weighing him down too much, he has buckled under the pressure. Kenny's Diouf signing.

Carrol for me was another who let Kenny down. Not until the Newcastle away game where the Geordie "faithful" showed their bile for one of their own did Carroll come to realise that we were now his club and that he should start playing for the shirt now. Since that day, the supporters put an arm round him and his performances and more importantly effort started to improve. Before that, lets face it, he was woeful and did not look like he wanted to be here.

So if people want to blame Kenny and Comolli then fine, but please consider the late transfer window in Jan 2010. Kenny's signings in 2011 of Henderson, Adam and Downing werent the highest calibre but someone took the decision to buy young british talent to galvanise the team. Carragher and Gerrard have always wanted a more british spine havent they? For all but a handful of games last season I thought we played attractive good football and did enough to win every game. 2 finals as well; in my book a succesful season.

Not for FSG. Failure to qualify for the champions league cost Kenny his job we were told.

Well, Mr Werner & Henry; I wonder how you expect your new puppy Brendan Rogers to achieve CL qualifcation with just 2 recognized strikers at the club? To me this tells me they are selling up. There is no other explanation to the firesale of Maxi, Kuyt, Spearing , Carroll, Adam, Eccleston, Aqualani not to mention the want of sale of Pachecho, Wilson and Agger (and probably Cole). 7 gone, 4 in, Allen, Sahin, Assaidi and Yesil. Our squad is definately weaker coming out of the transfer window than going in.

We are told our normal annual transfer budget is £20m since Rafa has been here. This summer we have spent £28.3m. We have recoupled in £8m from outgoing players. We have reportedly saved £24m off the wagebill. FSG havent spent a penny over the standard annual transfer budget.

Click the link below to see how much or little they have put in since they have been here - £50M net spend since Hodgson was here. Lets not forget the Standard Chartered and the Warrior income. Not a lot eh?

Liverpool Transfers | Premiership Transfers

The cutting of the wage bill is years overdue and I`m glad that the Club now seem to be demanding more value for our money. Also the promotion of the youth talent is a step in the right direction, hopefully the next few years will be a lot more fruitful in that regard than the last 10 or so.

But for all that I really fear that we`ve majorly fucked up in not strengthening yesterday. I was hoping for two forward players but to not even bring in one is incomprehensible to me. Where are enough goals coming from? how do we rotate the likes of Suarez and Borini and Gerrard when there is no back up? how do we cope with injuries and suspensions? how do we negotiate a fairly tough Europa group and make progress in the League with such a thin squad?

Rodgers has been badly let down by his bosses and been made to look a fool in the process. Maybe it will all work out for the best but the sick feeling in my stomach tells me otherwise.

I wonder if this transfer windown debacle, which has made Rodgers look like a totally clueless twat time and again, will mean that he turns from a "Yes/ No" man into a "fuck this for a game of soldiers" man.

FSG can fuck off. Really, really fuck off.

I still think we have a chance to finish in a better pposition than last season's dreadful 8th place, but not much higher.

Carroll playing well for West Ham.

Comparing Liverpool to Swansea. You mental, happy-clapping cunt.

Nobody sane can be happy with what has transpired over the last few days.

We have no money and we are desperately shipping out players to save on wages, without any replacements.

Sound familiar?

We're fucked.