You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

We've taken £450,000 per week off the wage bill, which is about £23.5m over the year, and our net spend this window is between £15-20m. Over the course of the year, we're back to making profits from transfer windows.

Good job we're getting in all of these shiny sponsorship's.

Cue the press release in the next few days about 'steadying the ship' and 'rectifying the mistakes of the previous regime' etc. In fact, I reckon they'll sense the general mood of everyone and just shove BR out to explain why we now only have two strikers but a healthier balance sheet.

Hopefully Morgan will buy into the spin about being happy with the squad we have to seize his chance. Hopefully.

Isn't it something like an extra £30Million a year from the tv rights next season? Why didn't we spunk this on a striker to get into the CL places which generates another £20m??

Would Dempsey increase the probability of moving up a place or two from an eigth finish? Few millions extra in prize money for each place? Simple maths pay the extra million and buy the player and forget trying to prove who has the biggest dick.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We've taken £450,000 per week off the wage bill, which is about £23.5m over the year, and our net spend this window is between £15-20m. Over the course of the year, we're back to making profits from transfer windows.

Good job we're getting in all of these shiny sponsorship's.

Do you have a breakdown of all this?

So are we allowed to criticise FSG yet? Or are people who do that still just hysterical, kneejerk, agenda-peddling mongs who are still bitter about Kenny?

A lot of people said my OP was over the top, but all I was saying was that FSG should be held to the same standards that they've held others to. If Kenny was judged not to be up to the job and dismissed without sentiment, then FSG shouldn't be exempt from being judged by the same yardstick.

They've stated on several occasions that achieving regular Champions League football is critical to their plan to bring success to Liverpool. They sacked Kenny for falling unacceptably short of that goal, and took a gamble on a young manager that they predicted would do great things for the club. This vaunted manager, in whom they've publicly placed their trust, explicitly stated last weekend that the squad was thin and that he needed to bring more players in, and said in the final hours of the transfer window that we needed more goals in the side. Instead of giving Rodgers the backing he needs and deserves, they've publicly undermined him by moving even more players out and not giving him any money to sign anyone else. They wouldn't even stump up a few extra million for a player who was desperate to come here, who we've been after all summer, and who they themselves publicly bigged up – any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad, according to Werner.

FSG have shown no commitment whatsoever to achieving the goal they've claimed they're aiming for. It's not acceptable, and anybody still defending them after yesterday needs to have a serious word with themselves. No more excuses, no more bullshit about them needing more time to learn about football, no more lame attempts to justify their penny-pinching. They need to step up or fuck off.

Brendan Rodgers in despair as Liverpool’s owners refuse to sanction a £7 million deal for Clint Dempsey - Telegraph

At Rodgers’s unveiling in June, a club statement went even further, suggesting the high spending of the previous management regime would not impact on the new coach’s transfer plans.

It read: “The owners are always willing to provide funds where necessary to strengthen the squad.

“There will be no requirement to sell players this summer in order to fund new purchases.”

I don't remember this. I may have read it at the time and thought nothing more of it, as I assumed they'd back Rodgers because he was their man.

That's pretty fucking damning that. Does anyone else remember it, and can anyone find it? I googled the key words and only found Bascombe's article.

So are we allowed to criticise FSG yet? Or are people who do that still just hysterical, kneejerk, agenda-peddling mongs who are still bitter about Kenny?

A lot of people said my OP was over the top, but all I was saying was that FSG should be held to the same standards that they've held others to. If Kenny was judged not to be up to the job and dismissed without sentiment, then FSG shouldn't be exempt from being judged by the same yardstick.

They've stated on several occasions that achieving regular Champions League football is critical to their plan to bring success to Liverpool. They sacked Kenny for falling unacceptably short of that goal, and took a gamble on a young manager that they predicted would do great things for the club. This vaunted manager, in whom they've publicly placed their trust, explicitly stated last weekend that the squad was thin and that he needed to bring more players in, and said in the final hours of the transfer window that we needed more goals in the side. Instead of giving Rodgers the backing he needs and deserves, they've publicly undermined him by moving even more players out and not giving him any money to sign anyone else. They wouldn't even stump up a few extra million for a player who was desperate to come here, who we've been after all summer, and who they themselves publicly bigged up – any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad, according to Werner.

FSG have shown no commitment whatsoever to achieving the goal they've claimed they're aiming for. It's not acceptable, and anybody still defending them after yesterday needs to have a serious word with themselves. No more excuses, no more bullshit about them needing more time to learn about football, no more lame attempts to justify their penny-pinching. They need to step up or fuck off.

Great post. Very much in agreement, mate.

In terms of quality of players coming in, this has been the best summer transfer windows since 07/08. Yet a 29 year old American fails to arrive and suddenly FSG are a shambles? Our fanbase is an embarrassment

I agree, it is an embarrassment. People defending owners who refuse to front up a couple of million on a player they themselves have said is good enough to play for any team in the world, when the manager has said the squad is thin and we need more players, and that he expects new arrivals.

The mindless superfan mantra used to be "stop complaining and get behind the manager, he deserves our support." The new one is "stop complaining and get behind the owners, they deserve our support." It's pathetic.

Is it FSG's fault we couldn't sell Carroll, Cole and Henderson? Where was the money for Sturridge coming from? Missing out on a 29 year old American who would have held back the progress of Sterling, Borini, Morgan and Yesil is not a big deal. Top 4 was a long shot, Dempsey or no Dempsey.

No, but it's their fault they wouldn't pay a few extra few million for Dempsey. Top 4 is a longer shot than it would have been if we'd signed him.

Funny how when we were in for Dempsey the FSG brigade were bigging him up for his goals and his attitude, but now we've missed out on him he's not all that.

Word.

Do you have a breakdown of all this?

Of course not. When do fans ever have access to information like this? It is reported that we're saving £450k per week after this window, and those figures, if not spot on, are certainly in the right area when you look at our business.

I don't see how Kenny can be blamed.

With Kenny, FSG backed their manager with funds for the players the manager wanted and they are to blame.

With Rodgers, FSG didn't back the manger with funds for the players he wanted and they are to blame.

It can't be both ways surely, so which is it?

For me, Kenny and Commolli take the rap for the Downing and Carroll fiascos while FSG are most definitely to blame for not backing Rodgers yesterday

The main issue I have with FSG is their lack of consistency. One week you hear one thing, the next they do the complete opposite.

One week they can compete with any club in the world financially, the next they're haggling over £2m. One week they go in search of a manager working under a DOF, the next week they toss that aside and promise full power to their appointment.

It just gives the unavoidable impression they don't really know what they're doing.

Had we signed just one player, like Leandro Damiao, a lot of those who are really pissed off right now would be like giddy school-girls. Not everybody, some clearly have other issues with them, but to swing from giddiness to rage over the inability to get a player is daft.

I think the financial investment has, at best, been pretty average this summer. Rogers has done very well with it, buying some very decent players, but if we want fourth, they're going to have to chip in a bit more.

It's about more than the inability to get one player though, isn't it? It's about failing to deliver on commitments that the manager clearly believed he'd been given, and failing to agree a transfer strategy with him despite having had months to do so. We've been linked with Dempsey all summer, so they should have had a clear idea in their heads of what they'd be willing to pay for him instead of quibbling over a few million on the last day of the window.

I agree, it is an embarrassment. People defending owners who refuse to front up a couple of million on a player they themselves have said is good enough to play for any team in the world, when the manager has said the squad is thin and we need more players, and that he expects new arrivals.

The mindless superfan mantra used to be "stop complaining and get behind the manager, he deserves our support." The new one is "stop complaining and get behind the owners, they deserve our support." It's pathetic.

Boycott the games then, fucking mealy mouthed soft shites.

In like a shot, the worst of the fucking lot.

The main issue I have with FSG is their lack of consistency. One week you hear one thing, the next they do the complete opposite.

One week they can compete with any club in the world financially, the next they're haggling over £2m. One week they go in search of a manager working under a DOF, the next week they toss that aside and promise full power to their appointment.

It just gives the unavoidable impression they don't really know what they're doing.

Yes, and make our manager (their guy) look stupid in the process.

There's some re-writing of history going on here. Kenny's team played some great football and we competed very well with the top teams winning at Arsenal, Chelsea twice (& thumping them 4-1) and Man City but all our best work was in the cups and we couldn't sustain our results over 3 competitions, even though we won one and came within a hairs breadth of a second.

KK didn't leave us in total disarray but changing the entire management means it was inevitable the new manager would bring in his own style and that would lead to a turnover in players. Kenny would have done things differently and I'm not having it that he is to blame for our lack of resources.

What we need right now is stability. Rodgers & his team has to be given time and there may be positives in a small squad as we have already seen with the emergence of Raheem Sterling. We should forget about the cups, play the kids and go all out for the League with roughly the same starting side each game. Build a real team spirit and see how far we can go until January when we might be in a better position to wheel & deal.

Mistakes have been made and we are again a bit of a laughing stock but on the other hand, we have kept our best players and the squad, as unbalanced as it is has genuine quality. Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Allen, Gerrard, Sahin, Borini, Suarez, Sterling plus Kelly, Coates, Carra, Lucas (when fit), Shelvey, Henderson & Downing is decent and we can still hope for an X factor coming through in Assaidi, Yesil, Suso etc.

In summary, Kenny has gone and we have a new manager & team, the transfer window has closed and let's concentrate on the League to the exclusion of all else.

Raheem went from 'promising youngster' to 'important first team player' in 24 hours.

This is pretty much the only positive to draw from yesterdays farce.

If promoting youth is what FSG want, they've at least got that. We are now relying on the kids bailing us of the shit rather than hoping they make the grade. Massive risk.

With Kenny, FSG backed their manager with funds for the players the manager wanted and they are to blame.

With Rodgers, FSG didn't back the manger with funds for the players he wanted and they are to blame.

It can't be both ways surely, so which is it?

For me, Kenny and Commolli take the rap for the Downing and Carroll fiascos while FSG are most definitely to blame for not backing Rodgers yesterday

Kenny and Commolli can be blamed for signing shit players, but that's an occupational hazard. FSG sanctioned those deals (knowing how skint we were), but what was the point in sanctioning those deals last season if we've had to strip the squad this?

FSG have laid out statements such as "we don't need to sell to buy", or "we can compete with anyone in football." Therein lies the difficulty.

A football manager will lose his job if he signs poor players, but owners lurching from spend to strip over the course of 12 months, provide neither security or confidence.

In like a shot, the worst of the fucking lot.

Ha ha ha! Fucking financial expert and club insider Neil G holds court, bravo sir, bravo.

Couldn't give a fuck about the bad rep, not in the least, it's all part of the dance.

I'm genuinely delighted and am enjoying reading these threads, it's fascinating, you really DO believe you're a fucking asset to this club don't you. :yes:

Yes...let me taste your tears, NOM NOM NOM

Guest ShoePiss

Where are all the gobshites? Where are they? You know who I mean, the ones that would jump on anything critical said of the owners.

Where are you fucking stupid gobshite cunts now?

Thick, snide, lowlife shithouse dog aids cunts. Ha!