You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

In terms of quality of players coming in, this has been the best summer transfer windows since 07/08. Yet a 29 year old American fails to arrive and suddenly FSG are a shambles? Our fanbase is an embarrassment

This is not about a 29 year old American. It is about buying a player who the manager wants for a modest fee of £6m who scores goals that the team desperately needs and the manager had identified from the day he arrived.

FSG have not suddenly become a shambles. They brought financial stability to the club for which we are grateful, but have failed to get to grips with the needs of professional association football, which is careless.

A lot of this anger at FSG is some sort of weird displacement thing.

In reality, Kenny wasted millions of pounds on real rubbish which takes time to clear up. Not one season but 2-3 at least. That's really painful to take particularly as Kenny was literally lauded as being the messiah who was returning to save us. However, Kenny was actually just a very naughty boy, with a terribly bad eye for a player, so instead FSG get a lot of hate.

My impression of FSG, is that they are rank amateurs in football and they make most of their decisions on the hoof. Bringing back Kenny is a classic example. But they are at least trying to get us to live within our means which I congratulate them on. Shame about Dempsey but onwards and upwards. I trust Rodgers to play his difficult hand as well as he can and I am pleased that I won't have to see that useless pillock Carroll for a year.

A very astute assessment.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Had we signed just one player, like Leandro Damiao, a lot of those who are really pissed off right now would be like giddy school-girls. Not everybody, some clearly have other issues with them, but to swing from giddiness to rage over the inability to get a player is daft.

I think the financial investment has, at best, been pretty average this summer. Rogers has done very well with it, buying some very decent players, but if we want fourth, they're going to have to chip in a bit more.

Had we signed just one player, like Leandro Damiao, a lot of those who are really pissed off right now would be like giddy school-girls. Not everybody, some clearly have other issues with them, but to swing from giddiness to rage over the inability to get a player is daft.

I think the financial investment has, at best, been pretty average this summer. Rogers has done very well with it, buying some very decent players, but if we want fourth, they're going to have to chip in a bit more.

Spot on again, Hank.

It's embarrassing a club like Liverpool could bring no one in especially when its obvious we needed a striker.

You can defend them all you want but a few injuries and your 4 place dream will be in pieces.

I bet you even the Manager will not be happy with yesterdays goings on.

FSG have never pledged to put a penny into the club, just to make it self sustaining, they have misled no-one.

I take no particular exception to what they have done, or not done, this window. I do see the Dempsey farce and failure to replace Carroll as evidence of ongoing administrative incompetence which I lay firmly at the door of Ian Ayre, for whom FSG should take responsibility.

FSG have never pledged to put a penny into the club, just to make it self sustaining, they have misled no-one.

I take no particular exception to what they have done, or not done, this window. I do see the Dempsey farce and failure to replace Carroll as evidence of ongoing administrative incompetence which I lay firmly at the door of Ian Ayre, for whom FSG should take responsibility.

The same Ian ayre mate who one and a half hours befoe the deadline decided to turn the lights off and go home empty handed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Spot on again, Hank.

As I said on the MF, I've defended the owners against what I considered to be fairly unjust criticism. However, transfer funding is down to them. There's no getting away with it.

I feel that Fulham had been utter cunts on the fee and raised it much higher for us than anybody else. But that doesn't matter. We should have had the funds available for somebody else.

That said, one signing isn't the difference between great ownership and terrible ownership. I think getting rid of players who don't warrant their wages or fees is good ownership. I think cutting away the dead wood is good ownership. I think providing the funds for young, talented players like Allen, Sahin and Borini is exactly the correct philosophy. I think hiring a young, bright, philosophical manager is the right way forward.

What isn't good ownership, however, is to not have that extra bit of money to bring in the one or two players who can really make the difference up front - or wherever the manager sees fit. That money, from their own pockets if necessary, would have made a big difference to the club. Not just from a fan's perspective, but from a business perspective.

We'll wait the four or five months 'til the next window and see what happens with the likes of Walcott. I can't say I'm as hopeful as I was, considering an average level of player investment. And I'm not happy that he didn't make good on his promise of competing with any other team in the summer transfer market. It's not time to lose our heads, but they need to think about what they're level of commitment is to the team, and to the business.

I agree with this but the exception is that FSG are equally culpable with regards to accountability and have shown a somewhat fickle nature in how our football club is managed.

From what they have said from purchasing the club, the new stadium/expansion, player acquisition, manager recruitment process, structural strategy etc etc etc

Guest Numero Veinticinco
@BenSmithBBC: Was told yesterday, Brendan Rodgers only realised his £20m summer transfer budget included wages, very late on.

What a way to run a football club

What total bollocks. Wages for how long? What bollocks.

As I said on the MF, I've defended the owners against what I considered to be fairly unjust criticism. However, transfer funding is down to them. There's no getting away with it.

I feel that Fulham had been utter cunts on the fee and raised it much higher for us than anybody else. But that doesn't matter. We should have had the funds available for somebody else.

That said, one signing isn't the difference between great ownership and terrible ownership. I think getting rid of players who don't warrant their wages or fees is good ownership. I think cutting away the dead wood is good ownership. I think providing the funds for young, talented players like Allen, Sahin and Borini is exactly the correct philosophy. I think hiring a young, bright, philosophical manager is the right way forward.

What isn't good ownership, however, is to not have that extra bit of money to bring in the one or two players who can really make the difference up front - or wherever the manager sees fit. That money, from their own pockets if necessary, would have made a big difference to the club. Not just from a fan's perspective, but from a business perspective.

We'll wait the four or five months 'til the next window and see what happens with the likes of Walcott. I can't say I'm as hopeful as I was, considering an average level of player investment. And I'm not happy that he didn't make good on his promise of competing with any other team in the summer transfer market. It's not time to lose our heads, but they need to think about what they're level of commitment is to the team, and to the business.

Well balanced. I think i'll stop here and have a break now as I'm probably a bit further ahead than you ref ownership based on the last 24 hours. But your right lets see what they do over the next 6 months ref player purchase, stadium. I'm tired of listening to them talk talk talk!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What!!! that has to be a joke:wallbutt:

Just add up the players we've signed, and their wages for four years. You'll soon see how much nonsense that is.

We lost a lot in wages, but selling Aquilani doesn't mean you have two years worth of his wages in your hand to spend. It means in two years time, you'll have made enough incremental savings to have two years worth of wages available.

A lot of this anger at FSG is some sort of weird displacement thing.

In reality, Kenny wasted millions of pounds on real rubbish which takes time to clear up. Not one season but 2-3 at least. That's really painful to take particularly as Kenny was literally lauded as being the messiah who was returning to save us. However, Kenny was actually just a very naughty boy, with a terribly bad eye for a player, so instead FSG get a lot of hate.

My impression of FSG, is that they are rank amateurs in football and they make most of their decisions on the hoof. Bringing back Kenny is a classic example. But they are at least trying to get us to live within our means which I congratulate them on. Shame about Dempsey but onwards and upwards. I trust Rodgers to play his difficult hand as well as he can and I am pleased that I won't have to see that useless pillock Carroll for a year.

I don't see how Kenny can be blamed. I thought it was time for him to move on, so I'm not defending him here. FSG are the owners, and the holders of the purse strings. They gave that money to Kenny to spend. If they gambled our financial security to give the manager of our club, a few quid to spend, then that highlights how fucking soft they are.

In typical American style, Werner said they had the finances to compete with anyone in football. When in reality we can't even compete with most teams in our league.

Kenny shouldn't be blamed for the same reason that O'Leary wasn't to blame for Leeds. If I was a manager, and the chairman was providing me with funds, I'd spend them.

Take a step back for a second and think about what FSG have done since they came in. One transfer window of a good net spend, followed by a fire sale/loan panic. There is no consistency, and they've dampened our optimism. Lets see how long the fans allow them to stay silent in the background, letting Ayre get the flack.

They've shown themselves up this window. We are doomed to mid-table obscurity for an indefinite period, and that is going to cause a lot of friction between sections of the fans. We're not wiping the canvass clean and starting from scratch, we're reducing budgets in line with other mediocre clubs.