Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

 

Thanks. Makes sense, played majority of his football there last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Anyway I think not bringing in a top midfielder will be fatal (they won’t of course) Only time will tell if I’m right.

Who do you think have better squad depth than ours? You’d struggle to name a handful of clubs IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we stop with this bollocks that the only alternative to our investment model being City, PSG and Chelsea?

 

Arsenal have spent more than us (net) on transfers in recent summers and will do the same this summer. Arsenal, who have far lower commercial income (despite higher gate income) yet somehow they never seem to have to sell to buy like we do. And before some cunt mentions it, I know Arsenal are shit, but that doesn't negate the point because that would mean that spending money makes you shit, which it obviously doesn't.

 

These owners have some fans with stockholm syndrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aRdja said:

Who do you think have better squad depth than ours? You’d struggle to name a handful of clubs IMO. 

Who cares? All I know is that we need a new starting midfielder and we won't buy one because Klopp is only given 30m net per season.

 

Nothing to do with waiting for targets or any of that bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could just fuck off and support Arsenal, so you don't feel inadequate when bragging about spending with Kyle and Todd and Dylan and Tucker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If you’d swap the Arsenal owners for our owners you’ve got a lot worse than Stockholm syndrome, you’ve got full blown AIDS

You must have eye aids if that's what you think I've wrote. I'm not talking about the ownership model fucktard, I think FSG are generally great owners, but they are stingy as fuck.

 

Replace Arsenal with any of the other 10 teams that outspend us every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

You must have eye aids if that's what you think I've wrote. I'm not talking about the ownership model fucktard, I think FSG are generally great owners, but they are stingy as fuck.

 

Replace Arsenal with any of the other 10 teams that outspend us every season.

Stopped reading at ‘fucktard’. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The age profile of the players he's signing now - Konaté, Nuñez, Elliott, Carvalho, etc. - suggests that they'll be at their peak under Klopp's successor. If he was signing a load of 27 year-old, I'd be concerned.

I think that's an FSG thing as much as a Klopp thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Who cares? All I know is that we need a new starting midfielder and we won't buy one because Klopp is only given 30m net per season.

 

Nothing to do with waiting for targets or any of that bollocks.

Is it that clear cut? In another thread people are currently discussing whether Hendo is world class or just below that level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Is it that clear cut? In another thread people are currently discussing whether Hendo is world class or just below that level. 

 

He's been a very good player for a few years but world class is thrown about way to easy. But last year he looked to be taking a big step back. Hopefully it was just tiredness or niggling injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dundalis said:

That's assuming the talent of the players is the main driver of success. I don't think it is. Someone could have taken over from Fergie in the late 2000's and still taken Man U into the toilet. A number of our players put in the wrong system don't amount to anything. If Salah doesn't join Klopp when he did for example, I don't think he ever turns into a world class goal scoring genius. He's still a very good player as he was his last season for Roma, but he never goes up a level. I think the same could be said for most of the players in our squad. You drop them into a situation where the manager is greatly inferior (Man U a good example) and they probably look dead average.

The squad won't suddenly forget how to play football.  More to the point, they won't forget why they play or who they play for.

 

The Man United comparison doesn't really work because of the way we recruit the character of players and the resultant culture of the club. Ferguson left an ageing squad of self-important wankers who were always going to sneer at whoever else came in.  Because of the culture of our club, we didn't collapse when Bob succeeded Bill, when Joe succeeded Bob or when Kenny succeeded Joe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

 

He's been a very good player for a few years but world class is thrown about way to easy. But last year he looked to be taking a big step back. Hopefully it was just tiredness or niggling injuries. 

Yeah but my point is half of our fans argue he’s world class, so he will most likely start when fit, the other two midfielders (Thiago and Fabinho) are bona fide world class, so our starting three is clearly very good. We dominate every game except for against Man City. It’s reasonable to argue that we don’t need to replace them as yet. Mo’s eventual replacement for season after next is more pressing IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah but my point is half of our fans argue he’s world class, so he will most likely start when fit, the other two midfielders (Thiago and Fabinho) are bona fide world class, so our starting three is clearly very good. We dominate every game except for against Man City. It’s reasonable to argue that we don’t need to replace them as yet. Mo’s eventual replacement for season after next is more pressing IMO.

 

All depends on Elliot,Jones amd Keita. If non of them make the step up its fair to say we will be desperate for a midfielder next year. Especially as the other 3 all miss games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

 

All depends on Elliot,Jones amd Keita. If non of them make the step up its fair to say we will be desperate for a midfielder next year. Especially as the other 3 all miss games

They will be rotated in like they were last season, at it’ll likely be fine if it’s not against Man City. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henderson has been a model pro ever since joining the club. He’s grown to be an outstanding Captain of the club both on and off the pitch. He’ll rightly be regarded as a Liverpool legend in years to come. 
 

He’s also never been fucking remotely close to world class. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aRdja said:

Is it that clear cut? In another thread people are currently discussing whether Hendo is world class or just below that level. 

I actually think Hendo was world class but he's 32. Two of the things that made him world class have fairly depreciated: athleticism and dynamism. His technical ability has always been okay at best and his vision has been sub-par. His leadership and tactical nous is still irreplaceable and that's why he's still such a fixture for us.

 

Henderson should be our fourth choice midfielder. We should be buying a starting midfielder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aRdja said:

Yeah but my point is half of our fans argue he’s world class, so he will most likely start when fit, the other two midfielders (Thiago and Fabinho) are bona fide world class, so our starting three is clearly very good. We dominate every game except for against Man City. It’s reasonable to argue that we don’t need to replace them as yet. Mo’s eventual replacement for season after next is more pressing IMO.

 

Two of the three players you've just mentioned are perennially injured and 31/32. 

 

Next year they will be 32/33, Milner will be gone, Ox will be gone, Keita will probably be gone too. How can buying a midfielder not be a priority?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

Two of the three players you've just mentioned are perennially injured and 31/32. 

 

Next year they will be 32/33, Milner will be gone, Ox will be gone, Keita will probably be gone too. How can buying a midfielder not be a priority?

Because if we accept that Salah will go when his contract expired, the season after next we will need to make up his 30+ goal contributions, plus he’s our only world class player in the forward line. Whereas in midfield we have two players who are world class in Thiago and Fabinho.
 

On your other point, If you believe the reports we are actively trying to agree on a new contract for Naby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Because if we accept that Salah will go when his contract expired, the season after next we will need to make up his 30+ goal contributions, plus he’s our only world class player in the forward line. Whereas in midfield we have two players who are world class in Thiago and Fabinho.
 

On your other point, If you believe the reports we are actively trying to agree on a new contract for Naby. 

Yeah, but that is the season after next giving us a whole year to plan.

Whereas with our midfield the need has been pressing for a year. Our first choice 3 are class but lack in athleticism and pace.

Just as importantly, Thiago misses loads of games and will miss probably more than he did last season this season. Naby has had a dodgy injury record for 3 years and 6 decent months. Hendo is 32 and was off it for much of last season. Fabinho cannot be expected to play every game. Milner is 36. 

As ridiculous as it sounds, we have to improve from last season as City are likely to be even better. Our midfield has not improved, it cost us points last season and is one obvious area we could improve.

We don't have an athletic, quick defensive midfielder who prevents us from being vulnerable to transition, players in between the lines and midfield runners.

We also lack quality depth. The fact that Klopp played a half fit Fabinho and Thiago in the final spoke volumes. He himself said we are really short of cover for Fabinho.

For all this talk of Jones being the answer, for a start he isn't a defensive player and for seconds he played no part in any of the major finals. He has a long way to go to show to Jürgen he is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×