Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Thread's gone a little dark here.

#whataboutwijnaldum

Let’s not tempt fate ahead of Sunday. The trolls will come back out from underneath their bridge if we don’t win. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Let’s not tempt fate ahead of Sunday. The trolls will come back out from underneath their bridge if we don’t win. 

If we don't win a competition that the club - from the owners down to the tea ladies don't care about?

Nonsense.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What did FSG ever do for us!?

Indeed. Should be looking for at least £60m for a new deal.  The amount of times we are on TV worldwide ensures maximum exposure. We will probably get around £180m from the PL TV deal again, gate receipts will be around £90m and the CL money will be around £100m if we get to the final. 

Will probably get a few more sponsors off the back of this season and will see the benefit of the Nike deal. 

Wonder if we'll ever get a naming rights deal for the Main Stand?.

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Indeed. Should be looking for at least £60m for a new deal.  The amount of times we are on TV worldwide ensures maximum exposure. We will probably get around £180m from the PL TV deal again, gate receipts will be around £90m and the CL money will be around £100m if we get to the final. 

Will probably get a few more sponsors off the back of this season and will see the benefit of the Nike deal. 

Wonder if we'll ever get a naming rights deal for the Main Stand?.

Yeah the naming rights seems to have quietly been sidelined. I read they get a huge wedge from the corporate sponsorship plus, companies are probably weary of meeting the £20m deal for naming rights knowing it would hardly get mentioned against the Anfield name generally?

46 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Rumours that it is Chevron, a US oil company.

They've dropped a bollock here. They failed to ask "what would Everton do?" (to which the answer is "wait until your shirt sponsor announces that they're cancelling the deal in a few months before starting to look for a replacement").

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I'd be surprised if any of the big oil companies signed main sponsorship deals with clubs. It's not something they'd usually go for. Maybe as sleeve sponsor or one of the club's 'partners'. I think the oil companies view it as very little gain for the outlay, and brand exposure doesn't make that big a difference. I can imagine only sportwashing opportunities being a factor, so for example the Saudi regime might well use Newcastle to promote Saudi Aramco.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I’m irrationally angry about this. 

Bring back Candy or Crown Paints. 

46 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'd be surprised if any of the big oil companies signed main sponsorship deals with clubs. It's not something they'd usually go for. Maybe as sleeve sponsor or one of the club's 'partners'. I think the oil companies view it as very little gain for the outlay, and brand exposure doesn't make that big a difference. I can imagine only sportwashing opportunities being a factor, so for example the Saudi regime might well use Newcastle to promote Saudi Aramco.

Though Gazprom did bizarrely sponsor the European Cup for a while recently. 

Chevron sponsoring us would be suboptimal, especially when the fanbase are rightfully calling City 'Oil cheats' every day.

36 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Though Gazprom did bizarrely sponsor the European Cup for a while recently. 

Chevron sponsoring us would be suboptimal, especially when the fanbase are rightfully calling City 'Oil cheats' every day.

What, the same fan base that fills up their cars etc with diesel, petrol or LPG not to mention the myriad of products that are made from oil?

Nah, where would you stop, saying the fanbase cant use cars, public transport, plastic products etc because of city's ownership?

The NFT bollocks didn't work and was an abject failure, don't fuck around with this.

Ornstein: Liverpool considering crypto shirt sponsor

Liverpool are in talks over a new shirt sponsorship deal as their £40 million-a-year contract with Standard Chartered is set to expire in May 2023. And although discussions are continuing about extending their partnership, the club are also talking to firms from sectors including electronics, media and tourism.

Among those parties, The Athletic can reveal, are companies from the cryptocurrency sector. They include a crypto exchange firm — a platform to buy and sell digital currency — and a blockchain platform (a decentralised computer network that underpins cryptocurrencies).

I see PSG supporters walked out on their title winning celebrations in protest the way the club is being run at the weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I see PSG supporters walked out on their title winning celebrations in protest the way the club is being run at the weekend. 

Quite funny really, they all celebrated outside and left the players in an empty stadium.