Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Recommended Posts

I'm not on board with any of this. FSG have been incredible considering where we were when they came in. We were close to doing a Leeds. They got rid of the debt, learnt as they went, ended up giving us the perfect manager for us, kept us at Anfield without having to adopt a shit sponsor name, rebuilt and expanded brilliantly and given us a new modern training complex. On top of all that they have actually delivered our first title for 30 years in an era of cheating Man City, got us some of the best players on the planet and helped us win number 6. All this while rebuilding our aura around the world. We were fucking nobodies when they bought us, living on past glories, without direction on and off the field. Now we are a powerhouse. Yes, I wish we'd signed a couple of new players, but we are never and were never going to be buying Messi or Ronaldo or Mbappe etc. Having lived through watching Ruddock pass the coin, Leonardson on the wing, Paul Stewart in midfield, Dicks at left back, years where we couldn't even get into the CL, every decent player we ever had fucking off somewhere better at the drop of a hat, that owl-faced cunt in the dugout, etc, really in the great scheme of things we've got it pretty good right now. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Code said:


Lazy bastards, did they get a no from The Park and The Albert?

 

At least we walked from the supporters club on Lower Breck Road when we wanted Hicks and Gillett out. 


They’ll just be joining the end of the queue to get in at that point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember this from 2012 when we didn’t sign anyone.

 

https://live4liverpool.com/2012/09/lfc-news/john-henrys-letter-to-fans-well-spend-to-compete-with-the-best/

 

They’ve always been tight arses, that won’t ever change, just their excuses will despite us having even stronger commercial deals now and revenue coming in all over the shop. 
 

“But…but…but….Covid/Super League not happening….etc”

 

Latest excuse…etc… rinse and repeat.

 

We’ll be fucked when Klopp gets fed up with it all and decides he’s had enough, it’s that simple. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Anyone remember this from 2012 when we didn’t sign anyone.

 

https://live4liverpool.com/2012/09/lfc-news/john-henrys-letter-to-fans-well-spend-to-compete-with-the-best/

 

They’ve always been tight arses, that won’t ever change, despite us having even stronger commercial deals now and revenue coming in all over the shop. 
 

“But…but…but….Covid/Super League not happening….etc”

 

Latest excuse…etc… rinse and repeat.

 

We’ll be fucked when Klopp gets fed up with it all and decides he’s had enough, it’s that simple. 

 

It is very much the latest excuse. They've always got one. Coupled with a little hint to their mates in the media and TAW, etc, that next summer might be the big one, etc, it's been a really effective strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chris said:

 

It is very much the latest excuse. They've always got one. Coupled with a little hint to their mates in the media and TAW, etc, that next summer might be the big one, etc, it's been a really effective strategy. 

Anyone defending them about how ‘responsible’ they are as owners? Well last season (defending our title) went fucking well didn’t it!!
 

How many trophies did we win? Did we get to any finals? Did we generally compete? 
 

Fingers crossed Klopp works his magic and all our team stays injury free AND we can cope without Salah and Mane, with our forwards covering them also fit and playing.

 

FSG love a risk if it means they don’t need to fork out any money. That 2012 article could almost be from this year.


Seven players sold, just one player in.
 

Really ‘responsible’ stuff from people who apparently wish to be competitive. It’s borderline negligence. 
 

Bunch of liars taking the piss.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were well on our way by christmas,even without some big name players and we have those players back now therefore it is possible. But,if we hit a couple of injuries we are fucked because we cant sit on our hands like last season and not expect a different outcome. I suppose the biggest farce was Nat Phillips getting a new contract after hawking him around and getting no buyers. At least he was cheaper than a budget signing like Kabak! Come on Jurgen,do your magic.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renewing Nat's contract so we have extra cover while we see how the other CBs recover and  we also retain the chance of selling him next summer for something like the value we place on him, makes perfect sense to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris said:

 

It is very much the latest excuse. They've always got one. Coupled with a little hint to their mates in the media and TAW, etc, that next summer might be the big one, etc, it's been a really effective strategy. 

And they didn't even make the next summer will be big, they learnt that from H&G 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

And they didn't even make the next summer will be big, they learnt that from H&G 

 


Waiting for the contract renewals come from the transfer pot excuse. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheRedMachine said:

I'm not on board with any of this. FSG have been incredible considering where we were when they came in. We were close to doing a Leeds. They got rid of the debt, learnt as they went, ended up giving us the perfect manager for us, kept us at Anfield without having to adopt a shit sponsor name, rebuilt and expanded brilliantly and given us a new modern training complex. On top of all that they have actually delivered our first title for 30 years in an era of cheating Man City, got us some of the best players on the planet and helped us win number 6. All this while rebuilding our aura around the world. We were fucking nobodies when they bought us, living on past glories, without direction on and off the field. Now we are a powerhouse. Yes, I wish we'd signed a couple of new players, but we are never and were never going to be buying Messi or Ronaldo or Mbappe etc. Having lived through watching Ruddock pass the coin, Leonardson on the wing, Paul Stewart in midfield, Dicks at left back, years where we couldn't even get into the CL, every decent player we ever had fucking off somewhere better at the drop of a hat, that owl-faced cunt in the dugout, etc, really in the great scheme of things we've got it pretty good right now. 

We were not nobodies at all.

We were one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

 

The truth is somewhere in the middle. We weren't nobodies. We very much were dining out on past glories.

How far in the past? They bought us in 2010, we were the highest ranked European team for about 3 years between 2006-9 doing 2 finals in 3 years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lifetime fan said:


Waiting for the contract renewals come from the transfer pot excuse. 

Only we sold so many freeing up wage funds Col. They are taking the piss now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not anti FSG but it has to be said that they have done a terrific job of dampening our expectations. In the time they have owned the club they’ve won less trophies than in the 10 years previous. A lot of that can be attributed to the rise of City and Chlesea continuing to be a force but City have only really took Arsenal’s place as our competitors. The fact we as a fan base don’t even care about cup competitions shows how much we lack ambition these days. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I’m not anti FSG but it has to be said that they have done a terrific job of dampening our expectations. In the time they have owned the club they’ve won less trophies than in the 10 years previous. A lot of that can be attributed to the rise of City and Chlesea continuing to be a force but City have only really took Arsenal’s place as our competitors. The fact we as a fan base don’t even care about cup competitions shows how much we lack ambition these days. 

Pisses me off that we don't even try in the domestic cups anymore.

 

We are basically Newcastle just with a far better manager and higher revenue. Newcastle just aim to stay in the PL whereas we just aim to stay in the CL places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I’m not anti FSG but it has to be said that they have done a terrific job of dampening our expectations. In the time they have owned the club they’ve won less trophies than in the 10 years previous. A lot of that can be attributed to the rise of City and Chlesea continuing to be a force but City have only really took Arsenal’s place as our competitors. The fact we as a fan base don’t even care about cup competitions shows how much we lack ambition these days. 

The Roy Hodgson of club owners...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

I’m not anti FSG but it has to be said that they have done a terrific job of dampening our expectations. In the time they have owned the club they’ve won less trophies than in the 10 years previous. A lot of that can be attributed to the rise of City and Chlesea continuing to be a force but City have only really took Arsenal’s place as our competitors. The fact we as a fan base don’t even care about cup competitions shows how much we lack ambition these days. 

I don’t thank that’s just our fan base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×