Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Moo said:

Is it actually from someone at the club though? Could have come straight off these pages, especially the bit about asking the supporters who's "readily available".  I tell you what there's no shortage of, readily available excuses for FSGs cheap, american shite.

It says an insider at the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A genuine question have FSG actually invested cash into the business after paying for the club or has it all been done with club revenue and loans on the clubs earnings or future earnings. The 11 percent sale of FSG to redbird was an astronomical amount of money for just 11 percent of their business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

A genuine question have FSG actually invested cash into the business after paying for the club or has it all been done with club revenue and loans on the clubs earnings or future earnings. The 11 percent sale of FSG to redbird was an astronomical amount of money for just 11 percent of their business.

They haven't spent a penny of their own money. They have just provided loans to the club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:


We had Owen, Fowler, Heskey and Litmanen for 2 spots, but we can’t have anymore than 4 for 3 spots? 
 

Its bollocks and we know it is. 


We used to get told that you couldn’t have more than three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the fence with FSG and had hoped they'd give Klopp some funds for

 few signings this summer but yet again we stand still whilst all our rivals strengthen. Really poor from them again. Not good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I was on the fence with FSG and had hoped they'd give Klopp some funds for

 few signings this summer but yet again we stand still whilst all our rivals strengthen. Really poor from them again. Not good 

They clearly dont learn from.their mistakesi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure glad our benevolent overlords wrapped up some stellar business on Contract Signing deadline day. Meanwhile, all the other mugs out there were signing players and strengthening their squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stickman said:

Let’s face it FSG are just happy to have their very own Arsene Wenger in charge, a man who can get them champions league footy every year with very little  outlay and if a shiny cup pops up along the way then all well and good. 
We could and should be dominating the league and Europe with this guy in charge but with these cunts pulling the strings I’m afraid we’ll look back when Jurgen has moved on and think “if only” 

Yeah this is where I am. They won the lottery with Klopp, take him out of the equation and it all falls down, no way do utter minge bags like these compete with the big boys without his magic. I know the grass is always greener but I honestly wish they’d just sell up and fuck off, there must be a buyer out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To sell up though FSG would want over Three Billion. Who the fuck is going to pay that and then invest hundreds of millions on top?

 

We are pretty stuck with FSG unless/until we hit a 2010 style Hodgson nose dive down the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still optimistic for this season but I’m agreeing with a lot of these posts slagging off FSG. The ‘no money’ talk has been shown up as bollocks by all the other teams buying players left, right and centre. 
 

There’s zero chance of Klopp agreeing to stay on if they don’t back him properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that pisses me off the most is that we were 7th or 8th and miles away from the top 4 or competing when Klopp arrived. We fought so hard to get back in the CL and then got to the final. We then win it the year after and the league. 

 

Having been miles behind and then leapfrogging all our rivals, becoming tge most attractive prospect in world football the owners just seem content to sit back and be content to slide back to where we were when we qualified for the first time. Fucking infuriating.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the lack of spending since the Champions League win is much of an owners thing. You can always find holes in a squad. This one is clearly that after our 4 rotating players, we have forward backups who are crap, but mostly we've built a very strong squad over the past 5 or so years and have sold none of our top players. Simply put, how many other top players could we realistically buy to stack on top of those? 

 

The bigger issue might actually be not cashing in on one or two of these players like we did with Coutinho and reinvest in more players.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Liverpool’s net transfer spend on 31 August 2020 for the previous five years read £89.79m. That is in contrast to City’s £505.6m and £378.9m for United. Consider what the club won in that period in the age of oligarchs and Sheikhs.”

 

The Independent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

“Liverpool’s net transfer spend on 31 August 2020 for the previous five years read £89.79m. That is in contrast to City’s £505.6m and £378.9m for United. Consider what the club won in that period in the age of oligarchs and Sheikhs.”

 

The Independent 

Fucking hell - when klopp leaves we are in serious trouble.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mark M said:

Fucking hell - when klopp leaves we are in serious trouble.

 

I'm not asking for a City, United or Chelsea spend, just give the manager the backing he deserves! He's earned it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think the lack of spending since the Champions League win is much of an owners thing. You can always find holes in a squad. This one is clearly that after our 4 rotating players, we have forward backups who are crap, but mostly we've built a very strong squad over the past 5 or so years and have sold none of our top players. Simply put, how many other top players could we realistically buy to stack on top of those? 

 

The bigger issue might actually be not cashing in on one or two of these players like we did with Coutinho and reinvest in more players.

I think without Covid we'd have refreshed that front line and seen one of the established front three leave. There was talk of Madrid wanting Mané for £60-70m for instance. Then covid came, he dropped in form, and the two big Spanish clubs stopped spending so freely.

 

As great as it is not seeing your best players poached, you need to be equally aware of the dangers of keeping them tied to lucrative long term deals, should their form drop.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knocks me sick seeing the usual social media arse lickers celebrating the fact that we’ve gave new contracts out to players already here and acting like it’s new money and we should be grateful to St. John of Boston yacht club for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think the lack of spending since the Champions League win is much of an owners thing. You can always find holes in a squad. This one is clearly that after our 4 rotating players, we have forward backups who are crap, but mostly we've built a very strong squad over the past 5 or so years and have sold none of our top players. Simply put, how many other top players could we realistically buy to stack on top of those? 

 

The bigger issue might actually be not cashing in on one or two of these players like we did with Coutinho and reinvest in more players.

2. Saul & Griezmann have just gone on the cheap tonight and are far better than what we’ve got in their positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×