You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Someone (by which I mean a journalist not in FSG's pocket, a likely development) is going to have to ask: if United have Ronaldo, Sancho, Cavani, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood for three forward positions, why are we expected to get by with just Salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Someone (by which I mean a journalist not in FSG's pocket, a likely development) is going to have to ask: if United have Ronaldo, Sancho, Cavani, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood for three forward positions, why are we expected to get by with just Salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota?

If they get to count Martial why can't we count Origi?

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I left out James to accommodate that spurious point.

Minamino covers James. 

But for City's interest in Ronaldo they would have just 1 attacker more than us, we have 4 in their prime, they have 1 rookie and 2 semi retired,  in all likelyhood its the ages of the 2 older guys that has them needing extra bodies. Numbers aren't the problem for us, its the fact Origi is one the 5.

3 hours ago, No2 said:

Minamino covers James. 

But for City's interest in Ronaldo they would have just 1 attacker more than us, we have 4 in their prime, they have 1 rookie and 2 semi retired,  in all likelyhood its the ages of the 2 older guys that has them needing extra bodies. Numbers aren't the problem for us, its the fact Origi is one the 5.

Bobby and Mane are in their prime? Yikes.

Also - City will buy a striker before the end of the window. I would be very surprised if they don't. 

Guest Alex_K

We'll see how the season goes .. but based on historical equivalents our 30 year old Brazilian striker who has hardly been able to buy a goal for several years is probably over the hill (we'll see how the season progresses .. can't think of a single Brazilian forward who has maintained quality into their 30s .. Romario + Ronaldo both finishing up in Europe by then .. even a more by-the-numbers typical striker like Luis Fabiano was packing up at the top level), Mane has -- a few glimmers aside -- been a depressing shell of his former self to watch for over a year. Salah is an exceptional goal scoring forward as ever; Jota a top signing. We quite literally do not have a functional attacking midfielder at the club. When you add that up .. yeah, not an ideal set up. What's galling is that money has never been as cheap to spend as in the past 2 years .. there should have been ample finances available to bulk up. Its a pivotal season because if the forwards do flatter to deceive .. well we're on the precipice of needing to replace basically an entire attack (minus Jota) all in one swoop.

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Don't get the Mane hate myself. Tries his hardest every game and the fact he usually misses one or two means he's in the right positions. Firmino is certainly a longer term worry,not just injury wise.

I dunno about hate, but he's been poor for a year. He was an 8 out of 10 player nearly every week and he's lucky to have been a 6 over the last year. I was hoping maybe being back in front of crowds might give him something to improve his level, but that performance yesterday suggests his problems are perhaps a little deeper. Let's hope it's a one off performance as he's been ok in the previous 2 games, but his performance yesterday was not just poor, it was of a player who looks like he no longer believes in himself. 

• Upvote 1