Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

1 minute ago, No2 said:

Why?

it was a tongue in cheek comment, But what a club mascot though move over might red !! haha

7 minutes ago, andyj said:

it was a tongue in cheek comment, But what a club mascot though move over might red !! haha

Fair enough, I just don't get the fascination with rainbow colour shite. Must be an age thing.

6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So its bollocks because he can't give you an exact owner? The only bollocks is in your post. You, me, him know absolutely fuck all about who is out there and who would be interested should FSG decide to sell up, so its a fucking pointless question to ask someone.

As regards FSG, they have always been shite. They are brilliant at making themselves money, thats clear, but with regards to football they've continually failed. Bare minimum squad upkeep, tickets fiasco, trademarking, Super League, furlough, stadium and now failing to make the success stick and be sustainable for the long term. Its only Jurgen thats made it work, he's the golden goose here. He was the obvious fit for us with World Class potential so you can't even give FSG much praise for bringing him in, he wasn't an unknown, I think every man on the street coveted him for manager.

Even the much praised Edwards was floundering like a wet fish before Jurgen arrived. Jurgen has allowed the model to work and his self drive to succeed, his desire to make everything fit and his unbelievable work ethic has dragged this Club from the doldrums under Rogers to be a force to be reckoned with on the pitch. 

But heres the rub, the fella has only got so much spark and so much energy. At some point he needs a helping hand. He needed it badly last year and was met with fucking nothing and he needs it this year too. He can't fucking do it on his own and be expected to work miracles every season on a shoestring budget.

You'll see the worm turn when he goes and we bring in someone missing the parts to make it work, we will slowly move back into the 7-5 slots in the league.

Make no mistake Klopps the hurricane that makes everything move in this Club and whens he's gone theres gonna be a massive wake up call to everyone who didn't realise just how unique he was.

I've been saying this to my old man and a few mates for a while now, all I get back is "We'll be alright." You only have to look at when he lost his mum for a taste of what's to come. Unless FSG pull off some kind of masterstoke with his replacement there are gonna be a few people in for a rude awakening!

Jurgen has worked absolute miracles being able to compete with Citeh, Real and Barca for the duration of his tenure. FSG surely know we can't carry on in the same vein, I'd happily spend the majority of our budget keeping Klopp happy or giving him a years sabbatical - he's a once in a generation manager. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

In my opinion Jurgen Klopp is a good football manager.

Can you keep your radical opinions to yourself. 

Anyway back to these shitting unicorns 

22 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So its bollocks because he can't give you an exact owner? The only bollocks is in your post. You, me, him know absolutely fuck all about who is out there and who would be interested should FSG decide to sell up, so its a fucking pointless question to ask someone.

As regards FSG, they have always been shite. They are brilliant at making themselves money, thats clear, but with regards to football they've continually failed. Bare minimum squad upkeep, tickets fiasco, trademarking, Super League, furlough, stadium and now failing to make the success stick and be sustainable for the long term. Its only Jurgen thats made it work, he's the golden goose here. He was the obvious fit for us with World Class potential so you can't even give FSG much praise for bringing him in, he wasn't an unknown, I think every man on the street coveted him for manager.

What surely can't be argued against is that it is extremely unlikely that any owner meeting the criteria that will be acceptable to all actually exists.  FSG have not been shite.  They have succeeded on their own terms.  They've made mistakes, but those mistakes have not materially impacted the value of their asset in the medium / long term.  As fans, we have a different set of criteria for what success looks like.  To not give FSG credit for securing their man seems a little bit one eyed to me.  I would suggest that should FSG sell up, the chances of us finding an owner more likely to give the fans more of what they want are small - I'd pitch, unscientifically, for something less than 20%.  The chances of us finding an owner that would make all fans happy are significantly less than 1%.

• Upvote 6

Bear in mind, if it wasn’t for Simon Hughes of the independent, they wouldn’t have had a clue about how to bring Klopp in. Other people doing the groundwork eh

(delete this if causes any problems Dave).

370B8B47-883A-4280-96CA-F6FC53B8FF5D.jpeg

FC728900-0E01-40D3-B90A-63403B19C91F.jpeg

229B10E6-23D9-45FD-A3B7-80A599322A77.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Thank heavens for Simon Hughes of the Independent.  Otherwise we might have a baseball coach in charge of the Liverpool Lions.

Simon Hughes signed Klopp.

So what, James Blunt stopped World War 3.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I support LFC not FSG FC

We all do. I don’t deny the lack of transfer activity is frustrating, disheartening even when you see our rivals all spending >£100m. 

I’d love the signings we want signed today but we’ve been told this is the scenario all along. 

There is still 4 weeks to go get. We have more than enough to win every game in August. We’re better assessing out squad on 1st September. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I support LFC not FSG FC

But where is the line drawn?  Klopp works absolutely in cahoots with FSG - there's no artificial Irish-type border there.   Klopp ain't no slave. 

• Upvote 2

FSG getting that massive half billion cash injection is as good as on-field success in my opinion, especially knowing that Lebron rocks up on tv in a Liverpool jacket every once in a while.