Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Recommended Posts

On 30/07/2021 at 19:04, Moo said:

What bit is actual bollocks?

People moan and criticise for the sake of it all the time, about all different stuff, if everyone agreed there would be no forum.

Why should FSG be spared criticism?

This is what that pisses me off not once have i said you cant moan about the owners, he is free to do so and fucking does endlessly. What is Bollocks is that when i asked him what owner he would want running the club he has no fucking answer other than some fairy tale benevolent dispenser of cash who doesn't exist.  

I want a new owner as well, who pays for all out rickets and has a herd of rainbow shitting Unicorns for the kids

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Reckon Michael Edwards is on a massive holiday. 

He needs Parry's Barbados travel agent. Helped him leave players on runways for a solid decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:


That depends on the injury record of 2 of those 3 CB’s though Mal. 

Joe Gomez.

2017/18  -  Ankle injury

2018/19  -  Broken leg

2019/20  -  No injury

Nothing there to make you think he's injury prone.

 

Joel Matip

2016/17  -  Thigh injury

2017/18  -  Hamstring injury

2017/18  -  Broken collarbone

2019/20  -  Ankle injury & Knee injury

Not a great record, but, off the back of an unlucky season with two unrelated injuries, there's not much reason to think he couldn't get through most of the season, even if you might expect him to miss a fair chunk.

 

More to the point, I don't think there's been a great amount of time when both Gomez and Matip have been unavailable.  For both of them to have the worst injuries of their careers at the same time really wasn't as foreseeable as everyone (with the benefit of hindsight) now says.  For it to happen when van Dijk also had the worst injury of his career is insanely bad luck.

 

Obviously, with hindsight I can say I wish we'd also bought a CB last summer, but at the time I was happy with Klopp's choices, so I can't complain now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Horus said:

He needs Parry's Barbados travel agent. Helped him leave players on runways for a solid decade.

What's Ian Ayre doing these days?  Still hanging around Ukrainian hotel lobbies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody posted earlier that we should learn from our mistakes, and this is the whole point.

Two seasons ago we won the League and prior to that the CL and we’ve pretty much sat on our hands compared to other clubs in our league even though we have bought one decent player in Jota and potentially another in Konate. I hope Thiago can show his true worth too this season.

While City, United and Chelsea have more spend than us, we’ve seen other clubs as well spend more in an effort to get into the top four, and they’ve almost succeeded.

The time to speculate was when those two trophies were in our possession, when we were cash rich, and able to attract the best players, and instead we speculated we’d have enough to get by and barely scraped into the top four.

Knowing this, what have we done? We’ve bought Lovren’s replacement 12 months too late and, up to now, nobody else.

I don’t include contract renewals or the need to sell players on because that applies to other teams as well, and as for satisfying FFP, we’ll that’s a busted flush as proven by City and Chelsea.
We always used to improve the squad when we were winning things, for those of you who remember them days, and so we shouldn’t just learn from our mistakes, we should learn from our history too.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

We’ve pretty much sat on our hands compared to other clubs in our league even though we have bought one decent player in Jota and potentially another in Konate.

Don't disagree with your points but your username is ironic to the points in bold.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, index1000 said:

This is what that pisses me off not once have i said you cant moan about the owners, he is free to do so and fucking does endlessly. What is Bollocks is that when i asked him what owner he would want running the club he has no fucking answer other than some fairy tale benevolent dispenser of cash who doesn't exist.  

I want a new owner as well, who pays for all out rickets and has a herd of rainbow shitting Unicorns for the kids

So its bollocks because he can't give you an exact owner? The only bollocks is in your post. You, me, him know absolutely fuck all about who is out there and who would be interested should FSG decide to sell up, so its a fucking pointless question to ask someone.

 

As regards FSG, they have always been shite. They are brilliant at making themselves money, thats clear, but with regards to football they've continually failed. Bare minimum squad upkeep, tickets fiasco, trademarking, Super League, furlough, stadium and now failing to make the success stick and be sustainable for the long term. Its only Jurgen thats made it work, he's the golden goose here. He was the obvious fit for us with World Class potential so you can't even give FSG much praise for bringing him in, he wasn't an unknown, I think every man on the street coveted him for manager.

 

Even the much praised Edwards was floundering like a wet fish before Jurgen arrived. Jurgen has allowed the model to work and his self drive to succeed, his desire to make everything fit and his unbelievable work ethic has dragged this Club from the doldrums under Rogers to be a force to be reckoned with on the pitch. 

 

But heres the rub, the fella has only got so much spark and so much energy. At some point he needs a helping hand. He needed it badly last year and was met with fucking nothing and he needs it this year too. He can't fucking do it on his own and be expected to work miracles every season on a shoestring budget.

 

You'll see the worm turn when he goes and we bring in someone missing the parts to make it work, we will slowly move back into the 7-5 slots in the league.

 

Make no mistake Klopps the hurricane that makes everything move in this Club and whens he's gone theres gonna be a massive wake up call to everyone who didn't realise just how unique he was.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Joe Gomez.

2017/18  -  Ankle injury

2018/19  -  Broken leg

2019/20  -  No injury

Nothing there to make you think he's injury prone.

 

Joel Matip

2016/17  -  Thigh injury

2017/18  -  Hamstring injury

2017/18  -  Broken collarbone

2019/20  -  Ankle injury & Knee injury

Not a great record, but, off the back of an unlucky season with two unrelated injuries, there's not much reason to think he couldn't get through most of the season, even if you might expect him to miss a fair chunk.

 

More to the point, I don't think there's been a great amount of time when both Gomez and Matip have been unavailable.  For both of them to have the worst injuries of their careers at the same time really wasn't as foreseeable as everyone (with the benefit of hindsight) now says.  For it to happen when van Dijk also had the worst injury of his career is insanely bad luck.

 

Obviously, with hindsight I can say I wish we'd also bought a CB last summer, but at the time I was happy with Klopp's choices, so I can't complain now.

 

Just fucking WOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, index1000 said:

This is what that pisses me off not once have i said you cant moan about the owners, he is free to do so and fucking does endlessly. What is Bollocks is that when i asked him what owner he would want running the club he has no fucking answer other than some fairy tale benevolent dispenser of cash who doesn't exist.  

I want a new owner as well, who pays for all out rickets and has a herd of rainbow shitting Unicorns for the kids

i don't care who own us i just want a rainbow shitting unicorn !!! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, No2 said:

Why?

it was a tongue in cheek comment, But what a club mascot though move over might red !! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, andyj said:

it was a tongue in cheek comment, But what a club mascot though move over might red !! haha

Fair enough, I just don't get the fascination with rainbow colour shite. Must be an age thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So its bollocks because he can't give you an exact owner? The only bollocks is in your post. You, me, him know absolutely fuck all about who is out there and who would be interested should FSG decide to sell up, so its a fucking pointless question to ask someone.

 

As regards FSG, they have always been shite. They are brilliant at making themselves money, thats clear, but with regards to football they've continually failed. Bare minimum squad upkeep, tickets fiasco, trademarking, Super League, furlough, stadium and now failing to make the success stick and be sustainable for the long term. Its only Jurgen thats made it work, he's the golden goose here. He was the obvious fit for us with World Class potential so you can't even give FSG much praise for bringing him in, he wasn't an unknown, I think every man on the street coveted him for manager.

 

Even the much praised Edwards was floundering like a wet fish before Jurgen arrived. Jurgen has allowed the model to work and his self drive to succeed, his desire to make everything fit and his unbelievable work ethic has dragged this Club from the doldrums under Rogers to be a force to be reckoned with on the pitch. 

 

But heres the rub, the fella has only got so much spark and so much energy. At some point he needs a helping hand. He needed it badly last year and was met with fucking nothing and he needs it this year too. He can't fucking do it on his own and be expected to work miracles every season on a shoestring budget.

 

You'll see the worm turn when he goes and we bring in someone missing the parts to make it work, we will slowly move back into the 7-5 slots in the league.

 

Make no mistake Klopps the hurricane that makes everything move in this Club and whens he's gone theres gonna be a massive wake up call to everyone who didn't realise just how unique he was.

I've been saying this to my old man and a few mates for a while now, all I get back is "We'll be alright." You only have to look at when he lost his mum for a taste of what's to come. Unless FSG pull off some kind of masterstoke with his replacement there are gonna be a few people in for a rude awakening!

 

Jurgen has worked absolute miracles being able to compete with Citeh, Real and Barca for the duration of his tenure. FSG surely know we can't carry on in the same vein, I'd happily spend the majority of our budget keeping Klopp happy or giving him a years sabbatical - he's a once in a generation manager. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

In my opinion Jurgen Klopp is a good football manager.

Can you keep your radical opinions to yourself. 

 

Anyway back to these shitting unicorns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So its bollocks because he can't give you an exact owner? The only bollocks is in your post. You, me, him know absolutely fuck all about who is out there and who would be interested should FSG decide to sell up, so its a fucking pointless question to ask someone.

 

As regards FSG, they have always been shite. They are brilliant at making themselves money, thats clear, but with regards to football they've continually failed. Bare minimum squad upkeep, tickets fiasco, trademarking, Super League, furlough, stadium and now failing to make the success stick and be sustainable for the long term. Its only Jurgen thats made it work, he's the golden goose here. He was the obvious fit for us with World Class potential so you can't even give FSG much praise for bringing him in, he wasn't an unknown, I think every man on the street coveted him for manager.

What surely can't be argued against is that it is extremely unlikely that any owner meeting the criteria that will be acceptable to all actually exists.  FSG have not been shite.  They have succeeded on their own terms.  They've made mistakes, but those mistakes have not materially impacted the value of their asset in the medium / long term.  As fans, we have a different set of criteria for what success looks like.  To not give FSG credit for securing their man seems a little bit one eyed to me.  I would suggest that should FSG sell up, the chances of us finding an owner more likely to give the fans more of what they want are small - I'd pitch, unscientifically, for something less than 20%.  The chances of us finding an owner that would make all fans happy are significantly less than 1%.

 

 

   

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bear in mind, if it wasn’t for Simon Hughes of the independent, they wouldn’t have had a clue about how to bring Klopp in. Other people doing the groundwork eh
 

(delete this if causes any problems Dave).

 

 

 

 

 

370B8B47-883A-4280-96CA-F6FC53B8FF5D.jpeg

FC728900-0E01-40D3-B90A-63403B19C91F.jpeg

229B10E6-23D9-45FD-A3B7-80A599322A77.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×