You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

I don’t recall another Liverpool team having at least seven of the absolute very best players in for world in the squad (Salah, Mane, Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robbo, and Thiago) 

Feel like negging this for the omission of Fabinho.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

I see, so you think the numbers are right, but you don’t believe the stories posted by LFC journalists around that. I have no issues with that. It’s the suggestion that they’re fiddling with the numbers, inflating salary costs, hand-in-hand with the auditors, only so that internet fans don’t get angry when we don’t buy the players they want is what I find laughable and QAnon-esque.

Like you Barry, if it was up to me I’d rather if the club was a multibillionaire’s vanity project, not unlike City, who could just keep buying expensive flops until they find the right player. However I’m in my 30s and without a doubt, the best time I’ve had as a Liverpool supporter has been under their ownership. I don’t recall another Liverpool team having at least seven of the absolute very best players in for world in the squad (Salah, Mane, Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robbo, and Thiago) so no, I don’t hate FSG as much as you do. If they can keep it up, I’m happy for them to stay.

3 minutes ago, dave u said:

Feel like negging this for the omission of Fabinho.

I've saved you the bother. 

19 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

How do you pay it back - future revenues?

You are being incredibly myopic - the vast majority of "professional" clubs in England are in serious trouble that will affect them for years. 

In reality there are are a fair few big names that will feel the squeeze as well. Not sure it makes sense to comment on post Covid football fortunes until it actually is post Covid. The first league games are in three weeks - do you see those as open events?

Revisit this in a year or two.

Happy to revisit in a year or two. To be honest, go back to the start of this thread and the discussion has barely moved, aside from those who support FSG the goalposts keep moving on what they'll accept that these guys are only here for the cash. In 2 year I'll still be saying FSG are cunts and all 20 of this season's premier League will still be in business. 

19 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I thought the redbird investment  wiped out the pandemic loss and meant we are where we should be pre covid or is it FSG are where they should be. We just got to be honest were poor but the good news could be last years shitshow reduces the bonus payments. 

You see you're now suggesting we weren't tight cunts before the pandemic. But we were. So it's exactly as before. This is what I'm talking about on this thread, the pandemic is just a distraction discussion. What FSG have shown through the pandemic is they're tight when it comes to investing in the team and if there's a buck to be made (ESL or furlough) they'll jump at it. Absolutely nothing has changed. 

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

I see, so you think the numbers are right, but you don’t believe the stories posted by LFC journalists around that. I have no issues with that. It’s the suggestion that they’re fiddling with the numbers, inflating salary costs, hand-in-hand with the auditors, only so that internet fans don’t get angry when we don’t buy the players they want is what I find laughable and QAnon-esque.

Like you Barry, if it was up to me I’d rather if the club was a multibillionaire’s vanity project, not unlike City, who could just keep buying expensive flops until they find the right player. However I’m in my 30s and without a doubt, the best time I’ve had as a Liverpool supporter has been under their ownership. I don’t recall another Liverpool team having at least seven of the absolute very best players in for world in the squad (Salah, Mane, Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robbo, and Thiago) so no, I don’t hate FSG as much as you do. If they can keep it up, I’m happy for them to stay.

I think the accounts paint a picture, I don't think they're an absolute reflection, because they aren't for any company. And so many audits are poor, the idea you can say "they're audited, they must be good", I think is incorrect. On this very forum many who spout "but they're audited accounts" regarding FSG, spit bile over the misrepresentations the owners at city have been able to do - but they're audited accounts that paint a fucking picture. I would like to know what LFC deem to be wages (I don't think this is a clear cut accounting decision, like most things there are things you can count in and out). 

Most importantly I would like to understand for a company that turns over around 500m, with a wage bill a little over 320m, credit terms used for the large capital investments, where does the money go? What are we spending it on? Let's look at Man United. I think they turned over about 20m more than us last year. They have enormous acquisitional debt to pay. They pay massive dividends. They would appear to pay their players more (they can always afford what we can't) and they are capable of finding money to buy players. I realise the gap has not always been this close, as they moved ahead of us about a decade ago after FSG moved Ayre from his marketing role to MD/CEO role. But that was always levelled up by them needing to put money into the purchasing debt. I find it incredible that we are constantly skint. And I don't buy this stupid idea people say "well you don't go into negotiations saying your loaded". Do these people think rival clubs don't know what we earn? It's preposterous.  

If we're skint, we're doing something badly wrong. We shouldn't be near skint because we spend fuck all and our wage bill (our single biggest cost centre like most clubs) is massively within normal limits, even last year in a pandemic. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Barrington Womble

Actually pal it is you who keep moving the goalposts as other than one of the stand renovations they have already ticked off your boxes. If they ever get that done you will need to throw in the towel.

The stadium will always be a fail Howie. 10 years in and the road end still is just a discussion point. It's pathetic. "oooo we're adding a new building in Kirkby 5 miles away, so we can't think about the road end for another 3 years". The road end was canned until FSG realised it could be profitable because of the vision spurs have had. When they thought it was a 17 year repayment, it was a resounding "no" from FSG. 

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

People bang on about Leicester being a good model to follow but in my humble opinion, they are just a smaller scale of chelsea and city. Their owner has pumped money into the club to build a new stadium, a £100m training centre etc.

Actually, the stadium opened in 2002 when the club was still sponsored by Walkers Crisps. The Thai owners and their King Power brand didn't come in until 2010.

9 hours ago, deiseach said:

The evidence for this is that at least one football club is circling the drain every couple of months, Swindon Town being the current example. People go on about football being a business, yet it's a strange kind of business where companies never merge or are bought out by rivals, and going out of existence is a once-a-generation event.

Off the top of my head Darlington, Chester, Macclesfield , Bury and Aldershot folded . Leeds , Chelsea, Coventry and Rangers all sailed very close to that edge. So I think FSG being fiscally prudent is not a bad thing. I also still expect a couple more incomings. 

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Off the top of my head Darlington, Chester, Macclesfield , Bury and Aldershot folded . Leeds , Chelsea, Coventry and Rangers all sailed very close to that edge. So I think FSG being fiscally prudent is not a bad thing. I also still expect a couple more incomings. 

Rangers were liquidated.

The bricks & mortar costs should never be Klopps responsibility and if his budgets reduced because of repayments for these then it’s joke. 

The clubs value should cover this either by direct investment from the owners or they loan it and repay it from their own assets. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red74 said:

The bricks & mortar costs should never be Klopps responsibility and if his budgets reduced because of repayments for these then it’s joke. 

The clubs value should cover this either by direct investment from the owners or they loan it and repay it from their own assets. 

It benefits them in the long term when they want to sell and also in the near future when higher gates mean higher revenue. We have a season ticket waiting list and we always sell out cup games as people who don't normally go jump at the chance to go the match. The demand was always there even before we won the CL and the PL. 

The main stand was allegedly going to generate an extra £25m a season and it has been open for 5 years. It cost £110m. Covid has fucked one of those seasons but the stand will be there for decades to come. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It benefits them in the long term when they want to sell and also in the near future when higher gates mean higher revenue. We have a season ticket waiting list and we always sell out cup games as people who don't normally go jump at the chance to go the match. The demand was always there even before we won the CL and the PL. 

The main stand was allegedly going to generate an extra £25m a season and it has been open for 5 years. It cost £110m. Covid has fucked one of those seasons but the stand will be there for decades to come. 

Exactly. I said earlier in the thread that improving the ground won’t have a detriment to the clubs value. Failure on the pitch will from under investment in the first team. 

The Annie road should have been done without delay. That excuse that we’d never see full houses again and it was best to wait and see was laughable. 

We’re the equivalent of getting a 4 bed repossessed flat in Mayfair for £10 grand, tarting it up a little and seeing it valued at £40 mill now and letting the tenants pay for everything.

Best buy to let purchase ever when they got us.

Previous ownership of the club didnt pay for the Kemlyn Road stand improvements in 1963, didnt pay for the Main Stand extension in 1970, didnt pay for the Annie Road upper tier, the now SKD Upper tier or the Kop redevelopment. The fans did via ticket sales even if Sky's money would have contributed to the Kop.

Makes me wonder what state Anfield would be in now, never mind the Kirkby training complex, had Peter Lim been successful in buying the club. Gilette's bankers trying to recover their losses doesnt even bear thinking about.