You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

How have non of you realised its the PEDS that keep the wage bill high, player enhancements aren't cheap, and now brexit has kicked in and COVID had stopped most international travel we are having to get Elon Musk to drop them over Kirkby when circling in his Spacex plane thingy. 

Oh and apparently we are still paying off Robbie Fowlers dealer from 1998, that boy knew how to party.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aws said:

I probably should be but to be honest I'm not that arsed if the FSG full-time directors are taking a wage. Providing it's in the millions and not tens of millions. 

The directors wages aren't big I don't think. I've not had time to download this year's accounts yet but I think last year it was something relatively small like 5m for all with the highest earner between 1-2.m . I might be out on that as it'll be a year since I looked at them, but I remembered thinking at the time they were modest and I expected Peter Moore would earn more than he did. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well corporation tax is 19 or 20% (I can't remember which, which is why I had an FD). so they can recover that. plus some of the 2 previous year and carry more forward. the bottom line here is the sob story about how harsh covid is, is ignoring the fact the club made 200m profit across the previous 3 accounting periods and they can recover loads of those losses from hmrc. we apparenty don't pay dividends. So after such minor losses and such good years before, especially in comparison to out rivals, we are apparently the skintest people on the block. but it's lucky we're clever. yawn. 

I don’t think we could recover “loads” tho. That’s the point we’re discussing. It’s complicated but they’d be able to recover the some (most?) of the tax they paid last year plus c.£800k from the the two preceding years. I don’t really feel like going through the accounts, but I doubt it’d be double digit. 

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

So you doubt that's how they report them. Fair enough. So make a reasonable crack at why you think our wage bill is 325m per year. i am happy for you to provide any evidence you can find to support it. Unless you think Gina in the ticket office is earning about 1.2m a year, it's going to be a struggle. 

Salary should include bonuses, and we’ve done pretty well in the last 2-3 years, scoring loads and winning loads, so they should explain some of it.

We have the number one goalkeeper in the world, the number one centre half in the world, and two of the best wide players in the world in Mane and Salah... Our back-up centre halfs last year (Lovren and Matip) were probably on higher than most back-up centre halfs, including the Mancs. Our back-up centre mids (Milner, Ox and Keita) probably earned higher salaries than most clubs back-up centre mids. Klopp also would’ve been on a decent pay packet, both base and bonuses. 

I also think you’ve got it the other way around here. I really don’t think it should be on me to provide ‘evidence’ that the numbers reported in an audited financial statement have not been massaged in the owners favour. If you think the finances have been tampered with than you should provide the evidence, no?

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How would they be doing something illegal? They own the Club outright don't they? Its theirs. They could do what they want with their investment, it wouldn't be illegal at all. They just don't need anyone to know the finer details.

This isn’t a serious post, surely? One of the reasons these accounts are audited is so that regulators and potential investors should be able to pick it up and rely on them showing a true and fair reflection of the performance of the club. It’s the raison d’etre of the big 4 accounting firms. 

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

Salary should include bonuses, and we’ve done pretty well in the last 2-3 years, scoring loads and winning loads, so they should explain some of it.

We have the number one goalkeeper in the world, the number one centre half in the world, and two of the best wide players in the world in Mane and Salah... Our back-up centre halfs last year (Lovren and Matip) were probably on higher than most back-up centre halfs, including the Mancs. Our back-up centre mids (Milner, Ox and Keita) probably earned higher salaries than most clubs back-up centre mids. Klopp also would’ve been on a decent pay packet, both base and bonuses. 

I also think you’ve got it the other way around here. I really don’t think it should be on me to provide ‘evidence’ that the numbers reported in an audited financial statement have not been massaged in the owners favour. If you think the finances have been tampered with than you should provide the evidence, no?

Exactly. It's being stated as an obvious truth that they are 'siphoning' money out of the club and that they are 'on the take'. Okay, fair enough, show something legitimate and then pass it to the relevant authorities. Some are talking about them 'getting paid' n a legitimate sense. Well, the entire point here is that the records have shown for years that they've chosen growing their investment as a primary source of wealth accumulation rather than paying themselves directly. So the only other option is that they are fraudulently taking money out of the club. That's what 'siphoning' and 'on the take' means, it doesn't mean 'legitimate payments'. So, if they are committing fraud or draining money from the club, then let's have a look at where. It seems like 'I don't like them, therefore...' logic to me. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Numero said:

Exactly. It's being stated as an obvious truth that they are 'siphoning' money out of the club and that they are 'on the take'. Okay, fair enough, show something legitimate and then pass it to the relevant authorities. Some are talking about them 'getting paid' n a legitimate sense. Well, the entire point here is that the records have shown for years that they've chosen growing their investment as a primary source of wealth accumulation rather than paying themselves directly. So the only other option is that they are fraudulently taking money out of the club. That's what 'siphoning' and 'on the take' means, it doesn't mean 'legitimate payments'. So, if they are committing fraud or draining money from the club, then let's have a look at where. It seems like 'I don't like them, therefore...' logic to me. 

There are legitimate ways to take money out of a company without committing fraud, its really not difficult. 

In a year where we bought no one and won both of the biggest trophies back to back, with increase in commercial revenue - we still should have broken even, even with COVID loses. 

It's either bad management or they are taking money out, either way it doesn't paint these cunts in a very good light. 

21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

In a year where we bought no one and won both of the biggest trophies back to back, with increase in commercial revenue - we still should have broken even, even with COVID loses. 

It's either bad management or they are taking money out, either way it doesn't paint these cunts in a very good light. 

You are being silly. Elite American businessmen don't do naughty things.

13 minutes ago, KevieG said:

You look at the PSG and City benches last night, and we are supposed to have a similar wage bill to these, and us playing Nat Philips as a starting centre half, and signing lads from Preston in a full blown injury crisis. 

When we have our full team then our bench would have the likes of Milner and Keita. I highly doubt there’s anyone on PSG’s bench who’s on as much as either of those blokes. I’m not saying if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, just pointing out that your comparison isn’t like for like. 

Just a disclaimer, like the majority of the fans here, I’d also rather the club being owned by the sheikhs and emirs who have limitless cash than a profit seeking hedge fund.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

When we have our full team then our bench would have the likes of Milner and Keita. I highly doubt there’s anyone on PSG’s bench who’s on as much as either of those blokes. I’m not saying if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, just pointing out that your comparison isn’t like for like. 

Just a disclaimer, like the majority of the fans here, I’d also rather the club being owned by the sheikhs and emirs who have limitless cash than a profit seeking hedge fund.

I don't want to be a toy. I just want to be professionally run and spend what we earn. 

I think our bonuses are huge and winning the league will have impacted that. It will likely go down this year. But considering FSG is an investment group I doubt very much that they are being paid from the club. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

There are legitimate ways to take money out of a company without committing fraud, its really not difficult. 

Really? Wow. Thanks, I didn’t know that. I didn’t mention exactly that in the post you clearly didn’t read or understand. Why are these mouth breathing cunts allowed to ruin this site? The IQ of this website has dropped 40 points in the last 5 years. It’s absolutely pointless. 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Numero said:

Really? Wow. Thanks, I didn’t know that. I didn’t mention exactly that in the post you clearly didn’t read or understand. Why are these mouth breathing cunts allowed to ruin this site? The IQ of this website has dropped 40 points in the last 5 years. It’s absolutely pointless. 

That'll be me, apologies.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, aRdja said:

Not how it works here mate. Guilty until proven innocent.

Next, I want you to show me evidence that John Henry isn't a peado.

And don't post pictures of Linda. Prove she isn't a money grabbing whore and isn't Ghislaine Maxwell to his Jeffrey Epstein. 

1 hour ago, Numero said:

That is QI on the IQ. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

That's absolute bollox mate, at least I'd like to think it is.