You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Klopp says they're good people, they made mistakes. So long as Klopp backs them, that's good enough for me.

Hope John Henry has hidden my pittance shill money in the player wages though!

Klopp has to work with them so is diplomatically calming the waters. I hope they aren't going to piss him off even more because without him we'd be broke and trophyless.

34 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I wouldn’t have thoughts agent fees would (or should) be part of the salary expenses. It’d either be just expensed as we pay the agent or capitalised and amortised over the life of the contract. Wouldn’t make sense to group fees paid to outside agents as part of remuneration costs, as they aren’t employees. Anyway, chances of the club getting away with grossing up players salary expenses to swindle money back to FSG is very low and not really worth wasting our team discussing IMO. It’d be an idiotic way of doing it. All payroll systems these days are automated and made to be very easy to reconcile for auditing purposes. The better way to do it is by charging the club bloated consulting fees for ‘shady’ services provided by FSG affiliated firms.

I'm not saying they are "swindling it back". Where have I said that? I just think they they want the optics to say we compete on salaries, when if you look at any of the external views of players wages, it's simply not true and we're way behind both Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Obviously nobody knows the real story, because we're not looking at the line by line transactions - we get the picture each of those clubs wishes to paint via accounts and accounts are just a picture, actually even down to your P&L. So man city want to drive down their salary costs, so they employ large parts of their organisation and pay certain fees through the group and then charge a service fee down stream split between all the clubs. We on the other hand have owners who are right at the other end. Their objective is to make the club as valuable as possible, but don't like the spotlight being on them for being greedy cunts - so it would appear to me they include costs which other clubs may not on the payroll. 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not saying they are "swindling it back". Where have I said that? I just think they they want the optics to say we compete on salaries, when if you look at any of the external views of players wages, it's simply not true and we're way behind both Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Obviously nobody knows the real story, because we're not looking at the line by line transactions - we get the picture each of those clubs wishes to paint via accounts and accounts are just a picture, actually even down to your P&L. So man city want to drive down their salary costs, so they employ large parts of their organisation and pay certain fees through the group and then charge a service fee down stream split between all the clubs. We on the other hand have owners who are right at the other end. Their objective is to make the club as valuable as possible, but don't like the spotlight being on them for being greedy cunts - so it would appear to me they include costs which other clubs may not on the payroll. 

I think the poster Daisy did. Man City’s situation is not really comparable. It’d be a lot easier to give players extra incentives outside of salary from outside the club, than it would be to get away with including non salary items as remuneration expenses. NI contribution makes sense as part of remuneration as would things like annual leave or sick leave. Agents fees wouldn’t thought and I doubt that’s how we report them. 

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I just think they they want the optics to say we compete on salaries, when if you look at any of the external views of players wages, it's simply not true

C'mon Bazzer - you said (I think it was you) in another thread that Salah with incentives was trousering 500k most weeks - if that is not competing we probably shouldn't.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How can they look at the game and the current path its on and think this isn't going to be damaging. All this is completely unsustainable unless the future is just football existing in the oil states, may aswell move it over there and start afresh.  

A top team, or maybe a couple is going to come crashing down pretty soon and that might be the catalyst.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it be AC Milan.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

To sum up:

In our most successful period on the pitch in the last 30 years and buying no players of significant value in two years, the club would have only just broke even under normal circumstances. 

What does that tell you about how the club is being run? 

It's either incompetence or much worse. 

See the below - Quite clearly not what it says but whatever, never mind. 

For those of you who aren’t illiterate, it says it’s obviously not good by we are performing better than our rivals in a significant amount of other metrics and this Redball thingy could offset the full impact of the pandemic.

14801749-BEDD-4CFB-878F-8F11A0741923.jpeg

I genuinely can’t believe the wages thing is insinuated as FSG taking money from the club. 

Absolutely crackers.

Given your passionate dislike of FSG and their shady accounting practices, and that  you all missed the boat before the Newcastle game, I hope you’ll be out in force protesting before Southampton on the 10th.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I genuinely can’t believe the wages thing is insinuated as FSG taking money from the club. 

Absolutely crackers.

Given your passionate dislike of FSG and their shady accounting practices, and that  you all missed the boat before the Newcastle game, I hope you’ll be out in force protesting before Southampton on the 10th.

It's the new covid deniers. Until FSG publish all weekly payslips from Big John himself down to the girls serving up the avocado then it will taken as fact they are on the take.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

It's the new covid deniers. Until FSG publish all weekly payslips from Big John himself down to the girls serving up the avocado then it will taken as fact they are on the take.

Yes, but when you point out the obvious flaws in their argument, it’s you who is a cock sucker or sympathiser or bellend. 

It’s no coincidence either that the same forumites dissecting these figures are the same who’ve been chatting shite & blatantly making stuff up for the past X years on them. 

Anyways, I look forward to the Anti-FSG protest, featuring this forums, errrm, finest (?) on the 10th. 

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The amount of top clubs running at losses even excluding Covid is ridiculous. Trying to chase success against clubs with near infinite resources is going to kill the game from top too bottom unless some kind of wage transfer caps are brought in or stricter FFP rules. How can they look at the game and the current path its on and think this isn't going to be damaging. All this is completely unsustainable unless the future is just football existing in the oil states, may aswell move it over there and start afresh.  

No club wants to do anything that might give another club or league an advantage.

Say as we have left the EU we could bring in a wage cap of say x the average wage in the UK and UEFA ok it. The best players decide to play on Mars who don't have a wage cap. The sponsorship deals go down in the Premier League. The value of the richest clubs in England go down. We know with absolute certainty football can't regulate itself see the past 30-40 years. 

They can fuck right off with that wage bullshit. There is no way we are above United in wages. Siphoning the shit out of the club is more like it. 

We can compete with anyone, yeah right. Absolute set of thundercunts skimming of the top. All their fiascos as owners make Stadler and Waldorff look competent. 

Would like to see our deficit if Klopp had actually been given any money to spend the past years. The club would be 500 million in debt then. Fucking leeches alledegly.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Was FSG "siphoning" money out of the club when it was the best team in the world?

Probably, our wages have been highly suspicious under them. Tell me how our wage bill is that high with a straight face. They are saving on everything they can. Furlough the staff. That's their thinking, how in gods name can you believe the wages are that high without bursting into a right laugh of how gullible they believe us to be. But it's your opinion they don't and fairplay to that. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Performance incentives.

As has been widely reported for years. Considering we won the CL, Super Cup, CWC and Premiership, I reckon these bonuses will be quite high. 

Unless, of course, “the payroll journalists” have been in on it from the start feeding us lies and disinformation...

14 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Probably, our wages have been highly suspicious under them. Tell me how our wage bill is that high with a straight face. They are saving on everything they can. Furlough the staff. That's their thinking, how in gods name can you believe the wages are that high without bursting into a right laugh of how gullible they believe us to be. But it's your opinion they don't and fairplay to that. 

In what world is pretending our wage bill is high advantageous to them? To keep the likes of you off their scent for some reason?