Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 333 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Honestly mate I was pissed off with them and have been for a while but the utter shite they pulled last week by trying to pull us out of the European cup and take away great nights like we have had in the past in Europe is frankly unforgivable and proves they don't have a clue what this club is about. 

Oh and "Legacy fans" 

For me this euorpean super league was a first step to slowly taking the club out of the local community and away from the fans. 

I could imagine them setting up thr ESL and after a few seasons start playing home games in different locations around to world to reach their precious "Modern fans" and using Anfield less and less. 

That might sound a bit out there but after last week I wouldnt put it past them. 

They are absolute cunts and hate proper fans who have followed the club for years.

One of the things I can never understand about American sports is the way they just uproot a football or basketball team and move them to a city on the other side of the country. 

The offer might have been pre ESL. 

They might look at it now if they think that money is gone and they the feeling the other 14 will try and fuck them on TV income. 

Honestly if that's a legit offer, from a legit billionaire I think theyd be stupid to turn it down. 10x their investment and Klopp only a couple of years from walking away and a aging squad. It's the perfect time to sell really

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Especially with this super league virtually dead and buried. Think it was what they were hanging on for. They've owned us for ten years and have made minimal investment. 

Exactly, and isn't that what American investment companies do. 

But cheap, do a massive "re-org" then sell at a higher price. 

If they where offered 3 billon they'd have snapped the buyers hands off. 

Also, who the fuck could afford to pay 3 billon for a football club?? 

I don't believe it myself. 

I've said since the Super League failure, I think logically this is a decent time to sell cause they've been here a while, they've won stuff, the investment has massively grown and they know that they're at a disadvantage with what they want to do financially and that their solution to that never got off the ground.

I don't mind if they stay, I just don’t know what else that want to try to do. 

54 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've said since the Super League failure, I think logically this is a decent time to sell cause they've been here a while, they've won stuff, the investment has massively grown and they know that they're at a disadvantage with what they want to do financially and that their solution to that never got off the ground.

I don't mind if they stay, I just don’t know what else that want to try to do. 

With the ESL thing it kind of gives an indication that things could be changing massively soon, it isn't borne out of nothing, there's also the ominous speculation that TV deals are going to potentially crash soon. 

There's a reason why the ESL deal was happening, and those reasons still exist now they haven't gone away, the powers that be know something we don't and they're making moves. 

Something big is about to happen, it's either going to be the bubble bursting and things like TV deals are going to fall apart and the money that comes with it, leading to clubs not being able to pay wages and the cascade that comes after, or there's going to be an overhaul of the entire system and a subsequent gold rush where the bubble gets even bigger.

FSG are betting on the gold rush, and for our value to skyrocket, then they might sell once we've hit that peak. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

One of the things I can never understand about American sports is the way they just uproot a football or basketball team and move them to a city on the other side of the country. 

Almost always done to get a free stadium or tax concessions or both. Sometimes they are moved because fans just aren't attending and they're looking for a better market (usually one that recently lost a franchise due to refusal to grant free stadium tax concessions)

They get away with it because fans have no power or support from government (except when doling out free stadiums and tax concessions) 

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The offer might have been pre ESL. 

They might look at it now if they think that money is gone and they the feeling the other 14 will try and fuck them on TV income. 

Honestly if that's a legit offer, from a legit billionaire I think theyd be stupid to turn it down. 10x their investment and Klopp only a couple of years from walking away and a aging squad. It's the perfect time to sell really

It was pre ESL, but you have to remember this will likely have been through the period of redball/redbird and they wanted Cardinale onboard (and I suspect Beane will still join later) and I think it's likely Cardinale lead the football project going forward. If they're as struck on the idea of building a football group as the echo keep preaching, LFC is obviously the jewell in the crown. Who knows what that plan is in the long term, but it could be to move on the football group as a whole later. I doubt that though, I think they'll continue down the path they've been on for the 20 or so years. They'll keep growing the assets, adding new business to the group, bring in new investors and at times some members will exit all or part of their position in the group. While they believe they can grow the football business, I see no reason at all why they'd leave. 

• Upvote 1

The new guy was talking about TV rights if I'm not mistaken and they've been shown that they don't really get much say in that. Not allowed to start the ESL and the other 14 won't give up their sluce of the epl pie, especially emboldened as they are now

17 hours ago, an tha said:

Just sell and get gone.

To who though? If it's not sovereign wealth or an oligarch, it's only likely to be an investment group like the current owners. In any case, whoever wants to buy the club would have to part with well over £2bn, and that's before accounting for any money required to invest in the squad and infrastructure.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Eh? You need to stop buying your chocolate from St Johns Market. Swiss and Belgian chocolate is ace. In terms of chocolate that is readily available in this country and relatively inexpensive, Lindt is nice. 

Tony knows his chocolate. Spot on.

And,fuck off FSG and take your shitty chocolate with you.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

To who though? If it's not sovereign wealth or an oligarch, it's only likely to be an investment group like the current owners. In any case, whoever wants to buy the club would have to part with well over £2bn, and that's before accounting for any money required to invest in the squad and infrastructure.

Owners who won't try and create £77 match tickets.

Owners who wouldn't try and claim furlough payments.

Owner who wouldn't have got in league with this ESL lark, acting like shadowy thieves in the night.

Owners who would back our manager with the sort of money he needs to not see us end up like we have this season.

I appreciate that FSG have got some things right and done well, but for me they have dragged our name through the mud one time too many and they don't do enough when it comes to transfer spend.

It isn't going to be easy to find the 'perfect' owners - i doubt they would even exist, but this shower are done here now IMHO and should leave as soon as possible.

On 24/04/2021 at 22:10, scottthecanuck said:

Almost always done to get a free stadium or tax concessions or both. Sometimes they are moved because fans just aren't attending and they're looking for a better market (usually one that recently lost a franchise due to refusal to grant free stadium tax concessions)

They get away with it because fans have no power or support from government (except when doling out free stadiums and tax concessions) 

Its bizarre, I read about the Brooklyn Dodgers and how the owner was denied planning permission to build a new stadium so he just uprooted them and moved them to Los Angeles which is about as far away as you can get and a completely different culture to Brooklyn. 

Watched Boyz in the Hood a few nights ago and wondered if the LA Raiders still play at the Coliseum. Now they are the Las Vegas Raiders and play in a new stadium there. Strange stuff. 

15 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

I’m not one for sticking the knife in, but they haven’t covered themselves in any glory here.

11A789E8-6F80-47D6-ABCE-BD1486E8A33A.jpeg

Nothing surprises me with these. Why bother with securing some of the Clubs past history if you are not interested in that sort of thing?

37 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Its bizarre, I read about the Brooklyn Dodgers and how the owner was denied planning permission to build a new stadium so he just uprooted them and moved them to Los Angeles which is about as far away as you can get and a completely different culture to Brooklyn. 

Watched Boyz in the Hood a few nights ago and wondered if the LA Raiders still play at the Coliseum. Now they are the Las Vegas Raiders and play in a new stadium there. Strange stuff. 

Even more crazy when you consider that O'Malley (Dodger owner) was able to convince Horace Stoneham the owner of the New York Giants to move out west with him (San Francisco). O'Malley knew the Dodgers couldn't go it alone and that other teams would refuse to travel that far to just play one team (until the Dodgers/Giants the furthest team west was St.Louis (practically the middle of the USA!). Thus because of the greed of one man New York lost 2 of its 3 teams at the same time. Imagine Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham etc all leaving leaving London and leaving only Arsenal behind. Fans were devastated but barely managed even a protest because they knew government would do nothing as it's the American way for those with money to always get what they want public interest be damned. 

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons why they tried to trademark "Liverpool" was to give them the option to move the team some day but still retain a brand. Easy to rename the Brooklyn Dodgers (originally the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers) the LA Dodgers but what the fuck do you call Liverpool if you're not based there anymore and another team has been formed. Solution - legally prevent anyone else from calling themselves Liverpool. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

I’m not one for sticking the knife in, but they haven’t covered themselves in any glory here.

11A789E8-6F80-47D6-ABCE-BD1486E8A33A.jpeg

Sickening really, especially when the likes of JH and his merry men probably spend ten grand each on a night out. 

On 24/04/2021 at 20:30, Doctor Troy said:

Does my head in that. How can you ever have a consistent fan-base when shit like that happens. 

9 hours ago, scottthecanuck said:

Even more crazy when you consider that O'Malley (Dodger owner) was able to convince Horace Stoneham the owner of the New York Giants to move out west with him (San Francisco). O'Malley knew the Dodgers couldn't go it alone and that other teams would refuse to travel that far to just play one team (until the Dodgers/Giants the furthest team west was St.Louis (practically the middle of the USA!). Thus because of the greed of one man New York lost 2 of its 3 teams at the same time. Imagine Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham etc all leaving leaving London and leaving only Arsenal behind. Fans were devastated but barely managed even a protest because they knew government would do nothing as it's the American way for those with money to always get what they want public interest be damned. 

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons why they tried to trademark "Liverpool" was to give them the option to move the team some day but still retain a brand. Easy to rename the Brooklyn Dodgers (originally the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers) the LA Dodgers but what the fuck do you call Liverpool if you're not based there anymore and another team has been formed. Solution - legally prevent anyone else from calling themselves Liverpool. 

Good points mate.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Does my head in that. How can you ever have a consistent fan-base when shit like that happens. 

They pay nothing for a brand new stadium,the tax payer does it. Its how they view the future of English football too.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They pay nothing for a brand new stadium,the tax payer does it. Its how they view the future of English football too.

The future? Who paid for Man City and West Ham stadiums?