You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Chocolate is wasted on hobnobs. The standard of traditional chocolate in this country is at an all time low. I will always choose a european style of chocolate over shite like Cadburys now. Aldi do some great stuff.

Nonsense, european chocolate is vile, always has that horrible plastic aftertaste.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nonsense, European chocolate is vile, always has that horrible plastic aftertaste.

Eh? You need to stop buying your chocolate from St Johns Market. Swiss and Belgian chocolate is ace. In terms of chocolate that is readily available in this country and relatively inexpensive, Lindt is nice. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Swiss and Belgian chocolate is ace. In terms of chocolate that is readily available in this country and relatively inexpensive, Lindt is nice. 

Lindt is ace, but not cheap here (nz) The equivalent of two quid for 100 grms

These cunts have turned everything positive over the past 2 years into shite through their utter incompetence, short sightedness, greed and tight ass spending and not backing the nest manager they have hadxor will ever had. 

They are just utterly full of shit and  if they try the same shit this summer then they need to be legged out the club like the other two cancers were.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

These cunts have turned everything positive over the past 2 years into shite through their utter incompetence, short sightedness, greed and tight ass spending and not backing the nest manager they have hadxor will ever had. 

They are just utterly full of shit and  if they try the same shit this summer then they need to be legged out the club like the other two cancers were.

The past two years were bad but January was ridiculous. Waiting to the last day to get two defenders on the cheap. One of who was simply signed to sell on. 

Sick of the over cautios approach to getting the Anfield road end done as well. Simply because it won't be as profitable for them as the main stand.

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Can't wait until they start with the "Its hard to sign players without CL football" bullshit. Cunts didn't sign anyone while we were in it and won it. 

Not entirely true. Jota. Thiago. Shaqiri. Keita. Fabinho. All since losing to Real in the CL final

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The past two years were bad but January was ridiculous. Waiting to the last day to get two defenders on the cheap. One of who was simply signed to sell on. 

Sick of the over cautios approach to getting the Anfield road end done as well. Simply because it won't be as profitable for them as the main stand.

Honestly mate I was pissed off with them and have been for a while but the utter shite they pulled last week by trying to pull us out of the European cup and take away great nights like we have had in the past in Europe is frankly unforgivable and proves they don't have a clue what this club is about. 

Oh and "Legacy fans" 

For me this euorpean super league was a first step to slowly taking the club out of the local community and away from the fans. 

I could imagine them setting up thr ESL and after a few seasons start playing home games in different locations around to world to reach their precious "Modern fans" and using Anfield less and less. 

That might sound a bit out there but after last week I wouldnt put it past them. 

I'm glad that my very low opinion, and expectations, of FSG has stood me in good stead throughout the more recent debacles. Long term success on the pitch was never their aim, thankfully Klopp has delivered us something short term and given us the highest highs.  

FSG are always disappointing, but it's never a shock.

These cunts are turning down 3 billion pound offers for the club, and still we operate on a sell to buy model for transfers? 

A few years out of champions league and their investment value will tank. Maybe that'll wake them up. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I have to be honest, I find that extremely difficult to believe. 

They would get 10 times what they paid for us in the first place, nobody in their right mind would turn that over down, not a chance 

Especially with this super league virtually dead and buried. Think it was what they were hanging on for. They've owned us for ten years and have made minimal investment. 

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Honestly mate I was pissed off with them and have been for a while but the utter shite they pulled last week by trying to pull us out of the European cup and take away great nights like we have had in the past in Europe is frankly unforgivable and proves they don't have a clue what this club is about. 

Oh and "Legacy fans" 

For me this euorpean super league was a first step to slowly taking the club out of the local community and away from the fans. 

I could imagine them setting up thr ESL and after a few seasons start playing home games in different locations around to world to reach their precious "Modern fans" and using Anfield less and less. 

That might sound a bit out there but after last week I wouldnt put it past them. 

They are absolute cunts and hate proper fans who have followed the club for years.

One of the things I can never understand about American sports is the way they just uproot a football or basketball team and move them to a city on the other side of the country. 

The offer might have been pre ESL. 

They might look at it now if they think that money is gone and they the feeling the other 14 will try and fuck them on TV income. 

Honestly if that's a legit offer, from a legit billionaire I think theyd be stupid to turn it down. 10x their investment and Klopp only a couple of years from walking away and a aging squad. It's the perfect time to sell really

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Especially with this super league virtually dead and buried. Think it was what they were hanging on for. They've owned us for ten years and have made minimal investment. 

Exactly, and isn't that what American investment companies do. 

But cheap, do a massive "re-org" then sell at a higher price. 

If they where offered 3 billon they'd have snapped the buyers hands off. 

Also, who the fuck could afford to pay 3 billon for a football club?? 

I don't believe it myself. 

I've said since the Super League failure, I think logically this is a decent time to sell cause they've been here a while, they've won stuff, the investment has massively grown and they know that they're at a disadvantage with what they want to do financially and that their solution to that never got off the ground.

I don't mind if they stay, I just don’t know what else that want to try to do. 

54 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've said since the Super League failure, I think logically this is a decent time to sell cause they've been here a while, they've won stuff, the investment has massively grown and they know that they're at a disadvantage with what they want to do financially and that their solution to that never got off the ground.

I don't mind if they stay, I just don’t know what else that want to try to do. 

With the ESL thing it kind of gives an indication that things could be changing massively soon, it isn't borne out of nothing, there's also the ominous speculation that TV deals are going to potentially crash soon. 

There's a reason why the ESL deal was happening, and those reasons still exist now they haven't gone away, the powers that be know something we don't and they're making moves. 

Something big is about to happen, it's either going to be the bubble bursting and things like TV deals are going to fall apart and the money that comes with it, leading to clubs not being able to pay wages and the cascade that comes after, or there's going to be an overhaul of the entire system and a subsequent gold rush where the bubble gets even bigger.

FSG are betting on the gold rush, and for our value to skyrocket, then they might sell once we've hit that peak. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

One of the things I can never understand about American sports is the way they just uproot a football or basketball team and move them to a city on the other side of the country. 

Almost always done to get a free stadium or tax concessions or both. Sometimes they are moved because fans just aren't attending and they're looking for a better market (usually one that recently lost a franchise due to refusal to grant free stadium tax concessions)

They get away with it because fans have no power or support from government (except when doling out free stadiums and tax concessions) 

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The offer might have been pre ESL. 

They might look at it now if they think that money is gone and they the feeling the other 14 will try and fuck them on TV income. 

Honestly if that's a legit offer, from a legit billionaire I think theyd be stupid to turn it down. 10x their investment and Klopp only a couple of years from walking away and a aging squad. It's the perfect time to sell really

It was pre ESL, but you have to remember this will likely have been through the period of redball/redbird and they wanted Cardinale onboard (and I suspect Beane will still join later) and I think it's likely Cardinale lead the football project going forward. If they're as struck on the idea of building a football group as the echo keep preaching, LFC is obviously the jewell in the crown. Who knows what that plan is in the long term, but it could be to move on the football group as a whole later. I doubt that though, I think they'll continue down the path they've been on for the 20 or so years. They'll keep growing the assets, adding new business to the group, bring in new investors and at times some members will exit all or part of their position in the group. While they believe they can grow the football business, I see no reason at all why they'd leave. 

• Upvote 1

The new guy was talking about TV rights if I'm not mistaken and they've been shown that they don't really get much say in that. Not allowed to start the ESL and the other 14 won't give up their sluce of the epl pie, especially emboldened as they are now