Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 329 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

5 hours ago, Jockey said:

I hope you don't all take this as an insult. But the thought of everyone here having a say in the running of the club terrifies me! 

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Getting into UEFA was seen as a sign that you were going the right way as seen as a stepping stone to the European cup/league win. Finishing fourth every year is a completely different thing. 

The difference between 4th and 5th, is huge purely in terms of finance and attracting players. Most teams finishing 4th don't expect to win the CL but know it is worth a lot more than 5th, where they might have a change of winning the UEFA. We are currently worrying about Arsenal winning the UEFA, not because it shows they are improving but because it potentially takes a CL place from us. 

If each position in the new Super League was worth 25 million or the like then it would be worth finishing 4th rather than 5th.

Everything is purely about money but it is sold differently. People had a go at playing players in a dead rubber Champions League, with the rumour being it was because we would get an extra 250000 for a win. 

I am not disagreeing with you, despite the above. I just unfortunately think every single thing in relation to football, at elite level, is purely 100% about money. We however all go along with the pretence that it is not. Seeing it pushed in your face is what a lot of people don't like. Hence they can call out this outrageous, open greed, but happily ignore the more subtle greed that we all go along with.  

I understand the view that champions league attracts better players but I cant think of many we have signed purely based on that under Klopp- Thiago maybe?

Klopp has been quoted as saying anyone whose key priority is champions league when signing for us he wouldnt be interested 

10 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I understand the view that champions league attracts better players but I cant think of many we have signed purely based on that under Klopp- Thiago maybe?

Klopp has been quoted as saying anyone whose key priority is champions league when signing for us he wouldnt be interested 

We definitely couldn't have signed van Dijk without Champions League football. Likely Fabinho and Alisson as well. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We definitely couldn't have signed van Dijk without Champions League football. Likely Fabinho and Alisson as well. 

Not sure on Van Dijk. He would have bought into the project stepping up from Saints. Maybe the fee was related to Champions League qualification 

13 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Not sure on Van Dijk. He would have bought into the project stepping up from Saints. Maybe the fee was related to Champions League qualification 

There's no "project" if you're not in the Champions League. Liverpool can't sign the level of player of a van Dijk without it. He'd have found another project. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's no "project" if you're not in the Champions League. Liverpool can't sign the level of player of a van Dijk without it. He'd have found another project. 

I could be wrong but Van Dijk was still viewed by some as a gamble at the time. I think we would of got him.

Champions League is clearly important but the way its watered down now I think players are willing to overlook one season if they can see an overall plan (big wage incentives help). In Klopp we have the best manager for selling that overall plan.

Without him than we would be in the shite at this present moment

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The trouble with ffp is it was there because something basic like a salary cap couldn't be enforced under EU competition law. So they wrote something that fitted competition law but saw stupidly complex and difficult to enforce if someone has good legal advice. 

There are already sports with salary caps, Saracens are playing 2nd division rugby because they ignored it. There are loads of salary caps across tonnes of different industries within the EU. 

39 minutes ago, No2 said:

There are already sports with salary caps, Saracens are playing 2nd division rugby because they ignored it. There are loads of salary caps across tonnes of different industries within the EU. 

I know and they got some sort of exemption. I don't know how they got that (I don't have any interest in rugby or most sports outside of football and cricket) - perhaps because there was no opposition from within their sport including the players body etc? But for sure it was examined in football and dismissed by the EU. It was some years later when it was implemented in rugby. 

Edit.... It looks like it is discussed to some extent here, although I have no real ambition to read it all. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/251326306_The_Problem_with_Salary_Caps_Under_European_Union_Law_The_Case_Against_Financial_Fair_Play

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

I think the extra finances help fund the better players. One season out a good manager is an attraction, I agree. Just thinking of the budget being reduced with fourth place as opposed to fifth. 

"we’re trying to work in your club’s best interests. In this endeavour I’ve let you down."

John Henry quoted in the Grauniad.

No,  you mendacious arsehole. You were interested only in trousering even more cash

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

There are two 50+1 approaches they are calling for.

The immediate one is to do with giving season ticket holders a say and I'm not talking about dropping Firmino. The shareholding one is when they become available see #3. I think what is discussed happens in Germany and Spain maybe elsewhere. So it is far more controversial politically in the UK than culturally within global football. 

#2 EMPOWER SUPPORTERS WITH IMMEDIATE 50+1 LAW

Given the threat to our clubs remains real, we need to provide immediate safeguards for supporters to be able to act to protect the best interests of their clubs. We call on the Government to legislate to require all English clubs to secure a 51% majority of their registered season ticket holders on any major decision that fundamentally affects the club’s identity or future (for instance: a change of competition or league; a change of home ground; a change of name, club colours or badge)

#3 CREATE A LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK TO PROMOTE GREATER SUPPORTER OWNERSHIP OF CLUBS, MOVING TOWARDS THE GERMAN 50+1 MODEL

While we can’t move to a German model overnight, we call on the Government and the game’s authorities to adopt it as the long-term direction and create a legislative framework to support it. Where clubs shares are being sold, either by shareholders or through new share issues, the legislation should require vendors to make shares available on a first refusal basis to recognised, democratically-controlled supporters’ trusts. This rule would apply until trusts own 51% of club shares. The effect would mean that any prospective owner would need the consent of the supporters.

The Government should consider other tax and financial incentives to help trusts build up the shareholding.

Good stuff.

Doubt #2 will happen since the largest company in the league is publicly traded with 24% on NYSE.

Also while checking that figure I noticed that Rock of Gibraltar is not mentioned in either McManus nor Magnier's wiki entries.

Also, does anyone know what's happened to Tony Barrett? Haven't heard much from him in over a year. His Twitter still says he's at the club, but as he hasn't posted since 2019 I'm guessing that might not be the case.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Personally, I don’t think £150m is enough. Cheap skates. 

28859E8A-886A-443D-936B-F8231D34E6A1.png

I'm not too arsed about curing cancer to be honest, that can go! 

I think the dogs is a line in the sand though. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Also, does anyone know what's happened to Tony Barrett? Haven't heard much from him in over a year. His Twitter still says he's at the club, but as he hasn't posted since 2019 I'm guessing that might not be the case.

No crowds.

1FC4770FBE5AB5BEFB55D4DC25EC853E.JPG

Reading a lot of nonsense online about imposing punishment on the 6 clubs and a new ownership model - I think fans of other teams seem to think that if you remove greed from the game through new ownerships models the money remains! 

If we implement a model similar to Germany - then the bottom half of the Premiership can kiss goodbye to their £30m strikers, and £100m squads. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

"we’re trying to work in your club’s best interests. In this endeavour I’ve let you down."

No,  you mendacious arsehole. You were interested only in trousering even more cash

I found that "your club" business interesting too. Was this some type of we're just your custodians line, we're here only for you? They've never behaved in that way before. Just aloof cunts sitting in Boston counting the cash. I fucking despise them. I'm starting to despise them even more than Hicks and Gillette. At least they were in plain sight which made them an easier target. Not like these manipulative cunts. 

Incompetent cunts of the highest order. 

Surrendered our title with no fight by not backing Klopp in the transfer window. 

Allowing Gini to leave when he's a key player for Klopp. 

Signing bargain basement championship players who haven't seen the light of day just to sell in the summer for a bit of profit. 

Spent close to fuck all for almost 3 years now and are so short sighted that its going to cost us a champions League place for next season. 

And have made the entire club look like fools by trying to take us into this ESL shite and effectively trying to steal the club away from the fans and local community. 

And finally "Legacy Fans"

Just sell up, take your massive profit and fuck off back to dixie. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Yeah I'm sure every extra penny would be spent on the squad or stadium 

On 22/04/2021 at 06:42, 3 Stacks said:

This is rubbish. United signed Pogba without CL. I can name numerous other examples too.