Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 326 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Recommended Posts

It does make me wonder, given how Klopp didn’t know and the how the whole thing was super secret, why they didn’t canvas opinion beforehand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Spurs and Arsenal are situated in London.West Ham also basically got a free stadium. I wonder where West Ham are situated?

Only a few years ago a Tory government publicly attacking private ownership on this scale would have been unheard of. They might get away with empty rhetoric but they may well have opened up a can of worms. Who knows where a fan-led review would end up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

Best owners we've had for 30 years until this point.

Saved our club from G+H.

Anfield revamped.

New training centre.

First title for 30 years.

Another big ears.

Best coach in world football for our club.

Turned us into a serious team/club.

 

But this has been an epic failure. Apology is a start but I thought they'd learned their lesson during the ticket price hike debacle. Speculators gonna speculate, I guess. Always wondered why these rich fucks don't ever say "I've got $400 billion now, think I'll kick back and enjoy it" But no, it's always "I've got $400 billion now but I want $402 billion.

 

They've never learnt their lesson with the fans.  Never.

It's happened time and time and time again.

 

They are - to use an old Croatian proverb - the cow that gives you 25 litres of milk, but then knocks over the pail with her hind leg.  Better the one that gives you 5 litres that stay intact.

 

They're a pain in the arse.

The caveats against their "achievements" - they're accidental tourists as far as Liverpool FC is concerned - are many.  They deserve scant praise.

 

They don't "get" us - they don't "get" 6 Big Ears - they don't "get" No 19.

They're in it for themselves.

And while that's fine and understandable in the "modern world", as a supporter, you are entitled to reserve the right to simply say - if you feel like it - fuck 'em.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They may be thundercunts but they really didn't try to ruin something that's been ruined for a couple of decades now. They merely tried to ringfence their little piece of it.

Is right.

 

They're running a business and have investors.  They will not put their own money in for transfers and nor should they.  They’ve just tried to do something that would generate the club a shit tonne of money whilst actually implementing FFP.  The masses wanted the bastardised Champions league a non FFP league and Sky charging fortunes to watch West Brom vs Burnley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It does make me wonder, given how Klopp didn’t know and the how the whole thing was super secret, why they didn’t canvas opinion beforehand?

Likely because 1.) they knew they would get some shit for it, probably not to this degree, especially from our own fans but shit nonetheless, and 1a.) something of this magnitude would leak if you brought in focus groups or some other shit like that to study the reaction so those involved wanted to make sure they were going to stick together as a block.

Then all of the English clubs capitulated to Sky and the fan frenzy (some organic to be sure but a lot media driven in my opinion), lead by the two who were only there because they wanted their seat at the top table even if it meant they had to throw the old heads a bone by giving them some semblance of competitive parity.

 

7 minutes ago, J-V said:

Is right.

 

They're running a business and have investors.  They will not put their own money in for transfers and nor should they.  They’ve just tried to do something that would generate the club a shit tonne of money whilst actually implementing FFP.  The masses wanted the bastardised Champions league a non FFP league and Sky charging fortunes to watch West Brom vs Burnley.


Exactly, but this way UEFA, Sky, et all can perpetuate the illusion that West Brom or Burnley have a real chance at winning the CL one day. Even though the reformation that's been announced means they conceivably will be passed over for one of the historic teams even if they should qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FSG have let the mask slip this week. I've been willing to say they have the club's success and best interests at heart but this statement from Henry (plus the furlough and ticket pricing fiasco) have absolutely left their true intentions exposed. 

 

I hope the club's future success amongst the playing and coaching staff isn't affected long term by this but I have a feeling it will as Klopp has done really well given his resources. But it's obvious now FSG are just interested in bang for their buck rather than long term success. 

 

One for the truly shitness of modern football, scruff behaviour and signs of cuntiness threads. 

 

Well done, John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The confusing thing for FSG, is they spend what they earn. 

The fans complain, well spend more.

FSG say we have come up with a way of earning/spending more. The fans will be made up.

The fans complain and say the only way to get past this is to spend more.

 

Not a defense but I think it makes sense from a logical point of view.

 

I just refuse to believe not a single club did any sort of in house survey on the reaction to this.

Either they didn't which is astounding arrogance on their part 

Or they did, figured people would get over themselves, which is astounding arrogance on their part.

 

Or they didn't knowing precisely what the reaction would be, figured people would get over themselves, which is astounding arrogance on their part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They may be thundercunts but they really didn't try to ruin something that's been ruined for a couple of decades now. They merely tried to ringfence their little piece of it.

I don’t agree.  While football has been a mess for quite a while, it was still competitive in that 99% of matches had a material affect on a team. This project would have resulted in a load of games between big clubs with absolutely no negative outcome. It would literally not matter if you won or lost.  And on top of that, our reason to exist, our wine at the banquet, the European Cup, was gone for ever.  Nah, this one killed football. If this had gone ahead it would have changed football forever. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I don’t agree.  While football has been a mess for quite a while, it was still competitive in that 99% of matches had a material affect on a team. This project would have resulted in a load of games between big clubs with absolutely no negative outcome. It would literally not matter if you won or lost.  And on top of that, our reason to exist, our wine at the banquet, the European Cup, was gone for ever.  Nah, this one killed football. If this had gone ahead it would have changed football forever. 

If you think football is competative for all but a handfull of clubs then you're kidding yourself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These cunts only see success as figures on the balance sheet and on pitch success is secondary or means very little to them. 

 

The fact they have given Klopp close to fuck all to spend the past 2 years and allowed us to meekly surrender our title by not spending shows you what they are all about. 

 

Yes they have done some really positive things such as the ground, training complex ect however they have failed in their number 1 responsibility and that is backing the manager.

 

30 years to win that title and they just surrender it like its nothing. We should have ramped up recruitment as soon as we won No 6 and reinforced the squad to ensure we remained competitive on all fronts. But they decided to kick back pat themselves on the back and signal mission accomplished. 

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question I think that will arise in English football is will people take a lesser quality in football. Less money on wages and transfers and money to agents and speculators for lower ticket prices and better access to games - no big lump sum on season tickets -  free to air football and tickets ringfenced for teenagers etc. 

 

Is trying to sign Mbappe or monitoring really worth being pimped out for?. Are supporters fed up of prostituting themselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This shite began with the PL,as Anubis said,and that PL has become even more splintered over the years dividing that same PL into about three or four different sections. The argument has even also been framed as the 'small' clubs are actually still PL clubs too! Now imagine if those lesser PL clubs became smaller yet again,it would be the death of at least 20 or 30 more clubs with more to follow. (This is probably inevitable anyway, but that is a different argument altogether.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If you think football is competative for all but a handfull of clubs then you're kidding yourself.

The matches are. It might not be “competitive” in that only a handful can win the top prizes, etc, but the matches are, literally, competitive in that if you lose it affects you.  The draw with Leeds for example really affected our chances of qualifying for a major European championship (the European cup).  Under the new Super League, that draw with Leeds literally meant nothing.  We can’t win the league so we may as well have sent out the under 9s as we qualified for the big European comp last August. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Sorry for hiking the ticket prices. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 
 

Sorry for furloughing the staff. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

 

Sorry for trying to ruin football. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

 

Wonder what the next apology will be for?

 

Fuck off FSG.

 

Reading the room is one of the things they definitely aren't good at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah they've apologised now so we can go back to praising them for saving us, and you know they arnt *that bad* as owners.

 

Unbelievable.

 

The hypocrisy I've seen lately is off the scale, not just in football but worldwide. Everyone has lost their collective minds. 

 

FSG have shown time and time agin they don't give a rats about the sport, just what they can get out of it. Winning Trophies is a bonus. They are shite. They are as shite as the sports washers but for different reasons. But this is modern football now, top to bottom a mess, ran by greedy bastards, talked about by hypocrites, watched by (mostly) idiots.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

The matches are. It might not be “competitive” in that only a handful can win the top prizes, etc, but the matches are, literally, competitive in that if you lose it affects you.  The draw with Leeds for example really affected our chances of qualifying for a major European championship (the European cup).  Under the new Super League, that draw with Leeds literally meant nothing.  We can’t win the league so we may as well have sent out the under 9s as we qualified for the big European comp last August. 

And doesn’t it depress you that you’ve been conditioned into thinking winning a top four place is competitive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

John Henry is the living embodiment of ‘its easier to seek forgiveness than permission’.

 

Nah.  

Generally, I think people with good, even ethical intentions are of that motto.

 

(Although, an opportunistic cynical cunt, I'll grant, will always have this excuse at the forefront of their repertoire.)

 

So yes, Doc, as usual you're probably right.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

And doesn’t it depress you that you’ve been conditioned into thinking winning a top four place is competitive?

 

I think the last time I gave a fuck about getting into the top 4, I was watching the deciding game in a pub called the "Yellow House" in Dublin, in 2003.  And Chelsea got the place, beating us 2-1 I think.

 

And then I soon enough thought, Chelsea 4th... who gives a fuck?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

The question I think that will arise in English football is will people take a lesser quality in football. Less money on wages and transfers and money to agents and speculators for lower ticket prices and better access to games - no big lump sum on season tickets -  free to air football and tickets ringfenced for teenagers etc. 

 

Is trying to sign Mbappe or monitoring really worth being pimped out for?. Are supporters fed up of prostituting themselves?

 

I think supporters would go for that, but Sky would immediately link it to a return to hooliganism, bananas being thrown at players, lack of diversity on the terraces and so on. A new narrative that they are saving supporters from themselves would kick in, they are the great civilisers and modernisers  and anyone looking to go back to the old way would be painted as a scumbag only looking for a bit of hassle. And it would work too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think any change would have to be European wide. 

Question is, what is the alternative to an FSG? Who would you want to buy the club who would have more honourable intentions.

How can you realistically turn the clock back now you've got the oligarchs and the oil countries and the american hedge funds?

 

The best things you could say about fsg is that they haven't taken money out of the club and run it self sustainably, they've grown revenues to ours (and of course ultimately their benefit), and they appointed Klopp and have improved some of the infrastructure around the club. This isn't kissing their arse, they've done these things.

 

They clearly have no real regard for the fan as demonstrated multiple times, but I'd love to see a modern day top level football club owner who does? 

 

It could be worse,  could have the glazers

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, etho said:

Think any change would have to be European wide. 

Question is, what is the alternative to an FSG? Who would you want to buy the club who would have more honourable intentions.

How can you realistically turn the clock back now you've got the oligarchs and the oil countries and the american hedge funds?

 

The best things you could say about fsg is that they haven't taken money out of the club and run it self sustainably, they've grown revenues to ours (and of course ultimately their benefit), and they appointed Klopp and have improved some of the infrastructure around the club. This isn't kissing their arse, they've done these things.

 

They clearly have no real regard for the fan as demonstrated multiple times, but I'd love to see a modern day top level football club owner who does? 

 

It could be worse,  could have the glazers

Pretty much it really. The enormous money involved with football from the commercial side to players wages and contracts/transfers is just so far out of touch with normal society that anyone owning a "big six" club has to be a pretty hardnosed money driven group of people.

They wont be scousers. They wont "get us". Theres every chance they wont really understand football.

But they will understand balance sheets very well indeed.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • If i was them and got a offer of 100ml for Kane id snap City hand off. Kane ankles are fucked. They could nab Calvert Lewin and still have money for another midfielder
    • Yes, because no-one knows about Kane's qualities, and are aggressively monitoring him at the Euros to see what the fuss is all about.   There is no chance in hell his "best days are behind him"
    • The reason Spurs have not approached Rafa, I reckon, is because of his outspoken character, not afraid to voice his displeasure at the owners, whether about money or other political matters within the club.   Levy took a huge chance on hiring Mourinho with the prospect of him winning one of the cups to tide them over. But it became so toxic and unworkable that just days before they were about to play the final, he pulled the trigger, as it would likely have locked Mourinho in further, along with a potential trophy bonus, so it was probably the lesser of two evils as he saw it. Added to that was the failure to get a top 4 place, which would have been a higher priority than either of the domestic cups.   Now they have to walk a very tight line between somebody compliant and the ability to get them to the CL which they absolutely need given the massive debt they have to pay off for their stadium. Rafa would certainly be their best bet on the latter, but would the former be a price they're willing to pay?
    • Thats makes sense for Real Bring him back for free sell Isco/Assensio to free wages and fee and sell Rodriguez a year later
    • It wouldn't be a shock if he was allowed a free if ancelotti left. 
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×