Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 325 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

FSG clearly need to go but I won’t pretend I’m not bricking it at the thought of who would be next. 

It’s just going to be some other billionaire cunt who doesn’t give a fuck about the fans and is looking for some return on their investment.

• Upvote 1

The lack of investment in the January window makes a bit more sense within the context of this ESL fiasco. If a top four place - and by extension being in the CL - was irrelevant to their grand plan, little point spending money chasing it..

• Upvote 1

You can't have oligarchs and venture capitalists sitting in their yachts shouting at their servants for their damn croissants making decisions on a whim. There has to be some accountability. A European Super League would have had the biggest impact on football in its history and destroyed English football -  for what.

You need to put rules and legislation in place that ensure speculators and looters don't see football as an easy money spinner. 

Will it happen probably not but this is the only time where there is a small small glimmer and a window to turn back some of the poor choices made over the past 30/40 years. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aventus said:

He oversaw plenty of the other shady shit that FSG has tried to pull, I doubt he left over any kind of ethical reasons.

I'm told he actually did though people thought it was the furlough thing that had pissed him off.

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I'm told he actually did though people thought it was the furlough thing that had pissed him off.

This is the thing - Peter Moores, Christian Purslow, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle...whoever else would have all had their club doing the same thing as Henry did. 

The communication from FSG was poor, as was it was from every ESL side about from that crackpot Florentino Perez. 

I’m not saying it’s right, and I’m not advocating it. It just brings home we don’t have the higher morals like to think we do over other clubs, we’re exactly the same.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, an tha said:

They need to get out of our club ASAP now in my opinion.

I appreciate that could mean a bumpy ride whilst they find a buyer and make the sale, and we'll suffer no doubt in short term with chronic lack of funding....but time is up now.

You greedy bastards - Get out of our club.

And then who takes over? Will they be better? What does better look like? 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

And then who takes over? Will they be better? What does better look like? 

Who knows and yeah it will be a rocky time and risky.

But for me - i want them gone ASAP.

They've dragged our name through the mud one time too often.

The next step up in terms of investment in the team and club would probably make us a gimmick in a public relations campaign to wash over something awful being done elsewhere. No easy or simple solutions here. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Who knows and yeah it will be a rocky time and risky.

But for me - i want them gone ASAP.

They've dragged our name through the mud one time too often.

Risky? Yeah, you can say that again. I hope we don’t fall into the trap of ‘anyone but...’ again. There are many, many owners who are much, much worse. We would be sold to the highest bidder, obviously, and that may well be financed entirely by debt and by somebody far worse than this lot. I mean, if we can find a multimillionaire scouser who has perfect morals and a loose wallet who wants no return on investment and wants to gift us a few billion to buy the club... sure, I’m with you. Outside of that, calls for them to go will most likely result in much worse. 

• Upvote 1

Fair play to him for coming out with his tail between his legs and apologising. Cunt of a PR disaster. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fair play to him for coming out with his tail between his legs and apologising. Cunt of a PR disaster. 

Fuck him and fuck his LFC "family". 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What a ducking cunt.  You didn't need to do what they've done to find out Liverpool supporters wouldn't like their sport being finished off.  The games already dying but it would be nice if Liverpool wasn't one of the clubs to take a sleedgehamner to it. 

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

This is a government that believes in the kind of shit the ESL was trying to pull. Their ethos is exactly the same, protect the rich and powerful who then give them funds to keep on protecting the rich and powerful. The only reason they’ve come out and condemned it was because potentially some of their paymasters stood to lose out financially. There’ll be no German model in this country, it doesn’t suit them.

Yep,exactly.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

This is the thing - Peter Moores, Christian Purslow, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle...whoever else would have all had their club doing the same thing as Henry did. 

The communication from FSG was poor, as was it was from every ESL side about from that crackpot Florentino Perez. 

I’m not saying it’s right, and I’m not advocating it. It just brings home we don’t have the higher morals like to think we do over other clubs, we’re exactly the same.  

When you say 'We' you are speaking about the owners?

FSG have always been cheap greedy bastards and to me, anyone saying otherwise has been deluding themselves.

This latest shameful episode is typical of FSG so I don't feel any different about them now than I did four days ago.  So unless there's a generous multibillionaire  Liverpool supporter waiting in the wings I do not want FSG out.

If they become even more greedy and cheap and start brazenly fleecing/stripping the club then that will be a different matter.

You hear us Henry? Lets see how sorry you actually are, take your eye off the balance sheet and average fan spend and invest in the team. 

Sorry for hiking the ticket prices. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for furloughing the staff. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for trying to ruin football. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Wonder what the next apology will be for?

Fuck off FSG.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yep,exactly.

Brexit Britain and Covid are contributing us to being in an interventionist cycle. I mean spurs and arsenal got massive loans off the government. It might not fit with their economics but does fit with flag waving and sticking one up at johnny foreigner. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Sorry for hiking the ticket prices. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for furloughing the staff. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Sorry for trying to ruin football. We’ve listened and won’t press ahead. 

Wonder what the next apology will be for?

Fuck off FSG.

They may be thundercunts but they really didn't try to ruin something that's been ruined for a couple of decades now. They merely tried to ringfence their little piece of it.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

Brexit Britain and Covid are contributing us to being in an interventionist cycle. I mean spurs and arsenal got massive loans off the government. It might not fit with their economics but does fit with flag waving and sticking one up at johnny foreigner. 

Spurs and Arsenal are situated in London.West Ham also basically got a free stadium. I wonder where West Ham are situated?

Best owners we've had for 30 years until this point.

Saved our club from G+H.

Anfield revamped.

New training centre.

First title for 30 years.

Another big ears.

Best coach in world football for our club.

Turned us into a serious team/club.

But this has been an epic failure. Apology is a start but I thought they'd learned their lesson during the ticket price hike debacle. Speculators gonna speculate, I guess. Always wondered why these rich fucks don't ever say "I've got $400 billion now, think I'll kick back and enjoy it" But no, it's always "I've got $400 billion now but I want $402 billion.

• Upvote 2