You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

No, just a few professional scousers who dont like any criticism of the owners even if it is constructive. Then tell everyone to fuck off and support City or Chelsea.

May actually take their advice and do that seeing as Chelsea and City are now the good guys.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's unbelievable that successful businessmen with loads of well paid advisors can fuck everything up so often. 

It's genuinely astonishing how badly managed this has been run from a PR perspective - both from the club and the ESL. It's almost like they wanted to piss everyone off and to have a backlash to make it fail. 

20 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

With any luck the backlash will lead to a government imposed fan ownership model that gets these people, and their sort, away from a sport they don't understand.

That just got quietly shelved and shall be mentioned no more.

5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

With any luck the backlash will lead to a government imposed fan ownership model that gets these people, and their sort, away from a sport they don't understand.

This is the answer. Put the power into the hands of the real stakeholders, the people who have made the club what it is.

This is a government that believes in the kind of shit the ESL was trying to pull. Their ethos is exactly the same, protect the rich and powerful who then give them funds to keep on protecting the rich and powerful. The only reason they’ve come out and condemned it was because potentially some of their paymasters stood to lose out financially. There’ll be no German model in this country, it doesn’t suit them.

FSG clearly need to go but I won’t pretend I’m not bricking it at the thought of who would be next. 

It’s just going to be some other billionaire cunt who doesn’t give a fuck about the fans and is looking for some return on their investment.

• Upvote 1

The lack of investment in the January window makes a bit more sense within the context of this ESL fiasco. If a top four place - and by extension being in the CL - was irrelevant to their grand plan, little point spending money chasing it..

• Upvote 1

You can't have oligarchs and venture capitalists sitting in their yachts shouting at their servants for their damn croissants making decisions on a whim. There has to be some accountability. A European Super League would have had the biggest impact on football in its history and destroyed English football -  for what.

You need to put rules and legislation in place that ensure speculators and looters don't see football as an easy money spinner. 

Will it happen probably not but this is the only time where there is a small small glimmer and a window to turn back some of the poor choices made over the past 30/40 years. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I'm told he actually did though people thought it was the furlough thing that had pissed him off.

This is the thing - Peter Moores, Christian Purslow, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle...whoever else would have all had their club doing the same thing as Henry did. 

The communication from FSG was poor, as was it was from every ESL side about from that crackpot Florentino Perez. 

I’m not saying it’s right, and I’m not advocating it. It just brings home we don’t have the higher morals like to think we do over other clubs, we’re exactly the same.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, an tha said:

They need to get out of our club ASAP now in my opinion.

I appreciate that could mean a bumpy ride whilst they find a buyer and make the sale, and we'll suffer no doubt in short term with chronic lack of funding....but time is up now.

You greedy bastards - Get out of our club.

And then who takes over? Will they be better? What does better look like? 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

And then who takes over? Will they be better? What does better look like? 

Who knows and yeah it will be a rocky time and risky.

But for me - i want them gone ASAP.

They've dragged our name through the mud one time too often.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Who knows and yeah it will be a rocky time and risky.

But for me - i want them gone ASAP.

They've dragged our name through the mud one time too often.

Risky? Yeah, you can say that again. I hope we don’t fall into the trap of ‘anyone but...’ again. There are many, many owners who are much, much worse. We would be sold to the highest bidder, obviously, and that may well be financed entirely by debt and by somebody far worse than this lot. I mean, if we can find a multimillionaire scouser who has perfect morals and a loose wallet who wants no return on investment and wants to gift us a few billion to buy the club... sure, I’m with you. Outside of that, calls for them to go will most likely result in much worse. 

• Upvote 1