Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 322 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Okay, fair enough, but what is it about this that has turned you against them? Also, what would you have done if you were an owner, would you have said no and then let the other teams do it by themselves? That’s a genuine question to anyone who wants to answer it. With all the ramifications that come with it, you’d have said no, while others took the spot at the top table? 

The way the whole thing has been done dropped like a bomb without a care for the people that pay to go to games or buy a overly priced top, thats my main issue. What would i do different.....i think id have signalled intent to join the ESL without committing and perhaps see what the reaction was etc and even approach the supporter groups for outside views but then when i was in business id always sound out what those around me thought if i was making big changes. But like i say for me its how its been done 

Imagine not telling the manager of the football club until hours before the announcement. Fucking hell. Klopp must have been fucking livid. I can't imagine he took the news well.

Just now, andyj said:

The way the whole thing has been done dropped like a bomb without a care for the people that pay to go to games or buy a overly priced top, thats my main issue. What would i do different.....i think id have signalled intent to join the ESL without committing and perhaps see what the reaction was etc and even approach the supporter groups for outside views but then when i was in business id always sound out what those around me thought if i was making big changes. But like i say for me its how its been done 

Right, so it’s more a communication issue rather than what has actually been done? That’s fair enough, although I think fans groups would say ‘fuck no’ anyway, so what do they do then? They’re left with saying ‘well, tough shit’ or ‘fair enough, we will let our rivals become super clubs whilst we sit and watch’. I dunno, it’s not an easy thing to deal with. I just don’t know what the alternative is, mate. To FSG, I mean. If they’ve done something wrong here, and they need removing, then where the fuck do we go? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Imagine not telling the manager of the football club until hours before the announcement. Fucking hell. Klopp must have been fucking livid. I can't imagine he took the news well.

When was it finalised? 

50 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

They will do whatever they like as long as they think it’s good for the value of the global brand. Klopp wont be too important in their bigger commercial picture.

57 minutes ago, Numero said:

Right, so it’s more a communication issue rather than what has actually been done? That’s fair enough, although I think fans groups would say ‘fuck no’ anyway, so what do they do then? They’re left with saying ‘well, tough shit’ or ‘fair enough, we will let our rivals become super clubs whilst we sit and watch’. I dunno, it’s not an easy thing to deal with. I just don’t know what the alternative is, mate. To FSG, I mean. If they’ve done something wrong here, and they need removing, then where the fuck do we go? 

Good post, a balanced view on this fucked up situation. 

As a club one alternative would be of course to take a stand and say we wont be part of this. But as we’re not primarily a football club any more, I do see that that isn’t a very realistic option.

As a fan, and once a supporter, the best option is perhaps to fuck the whiole thing off, I dont know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, andyj said:

till this mate i gave them the benefit of the doubt but now fuck em they dont give a shit about the club or the fans

I wasn't especially a fan of theirs, but my viewpoint was largely that other than being the plaything of a money launderer of an oil state it was unlikely anyone could get anything more out of us I could at least tolerate them.

I'd quite happily see them fuck off now though. 

FSG act of cowardice forces Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp into impossible position

Given the club's owners had refused to put their own statement out there at the same time as their very strong private backing, to leave it to Klopp to be the first voice from Liverpool FC to field questions on it was an act of cowardice.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-cowardice-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-20421927?Df=

4 hours ago, Numero said:

Okay, fair enough, but what is it about this that has turned you against them? Also, what would you have done if you were an owner, would you have said no and then let the other teams do it by themselves? That’s a genuine question to anyone who wants to answer it. With all the ramifications that come with it, you’d have said no, while others took the spot at the top table? 

I would have said no, we have a duty to the game, not just to ourselves by creating a monopoly on success without even having to earn it.

Some people are acting like this is just a re-brand or something but it’s not, it’s the big players guaranteeing their own success regardless of how they perform. How the fuck can any of us find that acceptable?

Put yourself in some other shoes for a minute.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand this "success regardless of how they perform" angle.

None of these sides are in any way realistically going to be relegated from their current leagues - what's the difference? The successful teams in the new league will be the ones who win it.

I’ve heard they sometimes switch the hot water off when players are showering after a match, and they still have shower gel all over them. My mate knows Curtis Jones da.

FSG allowed that shit to come out yesterday on a day we had a game and as a result put Klopp and the players in the firing line for every little scummy shitbag in British football. Meanwhile, they hid away on their fucking yacht and didn’t speak to anyone.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

I would have said no, we have a duty to the game, not just to ourselves by creating a monopoly on success without even having to earn it.

Some people are acting like this is just a re-brand or something but it’s not, it’s the big players guaranteeing their own success regardless of how they perform. How the fuck can any of us find that acceptable?

Put yourself in some other shoes for a minute.

It's fair enough that you would have said no. If you are willing to take all the things that come with it, which I think will basically be accepting the removal of 'top tier club' status, missing out on the best players, having our players cherry-picked by the big clubs like 'Spurs', devaluation of your asset, throwing away billions of pounds, etc., then you're a better man than me. It's noble that you are willing to stick to your morals whilst others are getting bigger and earning money and taking your spot at the top of the table, but I guess I think football more of a filthy business where it is pretty much already a closed shop at the top now. City already didn't earn it, they bought it. It's filthy lucre bullshit from top to bottom. It's just different branding. Sure, people won't be able to get promoted to it, which strikes at the heart of fairness - but it's not like the current teams are going to be relegated any time soon. They've long since been feasting from a different table. If we were talking about football in the 50s or 60s, sure I would probably feel different - but I'm not sure I'd want to miss the boat on this one and then in 20 years just be like Everton watching the big clubs from afar. As for the owners, I think it's wild that anybody would blame them for seeing 11 other top teams creating a super league and then expecting them to say 'nah, we don't like billions, we are willing to devalue our asset and drive the club into irrelevance because it's not fair on others'. I guess we will see how it shakes out. It might well just be a power move. 

I dunno... when something is already filthy, I'm inclined to do whatever it takes to stay at the top. Maybe that makes me a bad person. 

Edit: Also, I want to commend you for being the only one to answer that question. It'd dead easy to sit and throw shit about every decision, but if you can't say you'd have made a different decision, then it's just noise. 

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

FSG allowed that shit to come out yesterday on a day we had a game and as a result put Klopp and the players in the firing line for every little scummy shitbag in British football. Meanwhile, they hid away on their fucking yacht and didn’t speak to anyone.

It was really cunty of the teams not to come out and have a press conference about this. Obviously it involves 11 other clubs so I don't think it's a case of just 'letting' it happen on a day we have a game. I've no issue with it coming out whenever, I have an issue with them all hiding away - and it's clearly a coordinated hiding. There's no reason for that. If they want to sell their product them get on with it. Letting Klopp face questions without proper knowledge is clearly out of line. 

The actions of the Leeds fans and players is exactly the kind of shit that will push a proportion of our fans to get behind the ESL.

Would be hillarious if City and Chelsea walk from the 12 and become the saviours of the Premier League. Can picture their PR machines sticking the blame on others. We're committed to East Manchester bla bla bla.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The actions of the Leeds fans and players is exactly the kind of shit that will push a proportion of our fans to get behind the ESL.

Would be hillarious if City and Chelsea walk from the 12 and become the saviours of the Premier League. Can picture their PR machines sticking the blame on others. We're committed to East Manchester bla bla bla.

Two clubs along with a bent FA/PL who caused the League's issues would then be seen as saviours?  You'd have to be simple or Neville to think along those lines.

1 minute ago, J-V said:

Two clubs along with a bent FA/PL who caused the League's issues would then be seen as saviours?  You'd have to be simple or Neville to think along those lines.

A lot of the media will portray them as that. Other fans who love to stick the boot into us and United will as well.

Neville making the Sheikh out to be some kind of Mother Teresa was the only funny thing from last night.

Looking at opposition fan reaction on Twitter and it appears Klopp is the bad guy for digging Neville out.  Fucking hell.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

A lot of the media will portray them as that. Other fans who love to stick the boot into us and United will as well.

Neville making the Sheikh out to be some kind of Mother Teresa was the only funny thing from last night.

Even more reason to hit them where it hurts.  Fuck them all.

I see Billy Hogan is banging the sustainability drum in his statement for the reason why they want the club to join the super league. 

Which translates to "We want to put fuck all of our own money into the club and extract as much from every single source possible to avoid that"

Surprised he didn't use Covid and lack of CL football as further excuses.

• Upvote 2

I’m not ostensibly against the idea, but yet again the PR management has been woeful. Feels like they learned nothing from the first time around when this was leaked. As mentioned above, should have had a press conference lined up with the 12 heads of clubs. Letting the employees try and talk this away on TV to a media machine baying for blood was grossly unfair.

My hoping of no press conference or in fact any sort of publicity is because it is a poker play for UEFA benefit. Show them how serious they are and it is all in place and ready for August, then so this new CL format...

Obviously I could be way off.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't understand this "success regardless of how they perform" angle.

None of these sides are in any way realistically going to be relegated from their current leagues - what's the difference? The successful teams in the new league will be the ones who win it.

You mean automatic qualification to this new ESL? Our performances this season look to be bad enough to exclude us from next year's CL. This would be it doesn't matter how good or bad we are domestically, we get in the ESL anyway. 

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I see Billy Hogan is banging the sustainability drum in his statement for the reason why they want the club to join the super league. 

Which translates to "We want to put fuck all of our own money into the club and extract as much from every single source possible to avoid that"

Surprised he didn't use Covid and lack of CL football as further excuses.

The want every last cent, with the absolute minimal risk. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You mean automatic qualification to this new ESL? Our performances this season look to be bad enough to exclude us from next year's CL. This would be it doesn't matter how good or bad we are domestically, we get in the ESL anyway. 

The want every last cent, with the absolute minimal risk. 

I absolutely despise them.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So we don't qualify for the CL - and if we are bad enough in the English league we can get relegated.

As for a "closed" league not being competitive - pretty sure the NFL for instance is very fuckin competitive.

The ESL is a competition for the richest clubs in the world, there is no other way to put it. That is how you "qualify".