Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 320 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Again, like with their previous efforts, I am not outraged, because I am not shocked. They bought the club to make as much money as possible, that is their one and only priority, everything else is irrelevant, this makes perfect sense from their point of view. 

This does not mean I agree with this just I understand exactly why they have done it. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Brownie said:

We need to get these cunts out, asap.

The problem is that the only buyers would be foreign billionaire businessmen with no ties to the club, who would want a return on their investment, probably by pushing for shit like European super leagues etc. 

It's shit, but we're either stuck with them, or stuck with somebody the same or worse.

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

The problem is that the only buyers would be foreign billionaire businessmen with no ties to the club, who would want a return on their investment, probably by pushing for shit like European super leagues etc. 

It's shit, but we're either stuck with them, or stuck with somebody the same or worse.

Some model of fan ownership (like Bayern) is appealing to me but I have no idea if it's feesible.

19 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Yep.

I don't see how though. Cancer & Aids were hard to shift, these bastards will be far more difficult if not impossible.

They wouldn't sell up, there's too much money to be made and unlike the previous twats, they arent entirely dependent on banks loaning them more money to keep them afloat. 

They can fuck off. I'm finished with them and have been for a while but this just rubs salt in the wound. 

Self serving wankers. Americans have no fucking business owning a football club then trying to turn it into an NFL type franchise. 

I'm just glad I got to see us win the Premier League before the club is destroyed. They don't give a shit about the fans as they know they have more fat little piggies around the world to buy their shit. 

• Upvote 4

Don't say I didn't warn you not to trust them at the outset. The divide and conquer tactics to try and isolate fan groups and advocates. The whole Liverbird shite. Ticket prices. Threats over the Anfield Rd end. I feel like Bruce Willis in Die Hard, where he throws a dead terrorist out the window onto the cop car below and shouts "welcome to the party, pal."

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Some model of fan ownership (like Bayern) is appealing to me but I have no idea if it's feesible.

It was just about feasible when the last Yanks were forced out because £200m could possibly have been raised/ borrowed and there was a bit of an attempt if I remember correctly but bugger all was raised/promised.  Now it would take £2bn so no chance. FSG are as good as it gets unless some benevolent tech mega-billionaire comes along. 

They've toom a gigantic shit on the clubs history and legacy and they'll get away it.  There's enough gullible cunts that couldn't give two shits, who'll sign up to watch Boston reds v big name fc on their laptops. 

This really should be the final straw for every Liverpool fan.  Its LFC v fsg now. 

Those that thought there was something rotten at the club this season, well you've got your answer. 

Who is in charge of saying if a group is "fit and proper" to be owners ? 

The FA, Premier league and Government is it not ? Same people who are currently outraged at what these "fit and proper" owners are doing. 

Fan ownership would be brilliant but these cunts are going to make billions from this so it could take well over 5 billion to buy the club.

Unless it was multiple and multiple seriously wealthy people taking control of the club along with the rest of us it just isn't feasible.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

There is no point in that unless there’s a coordinated effort with fans of the other 11 clubs to do the same. For all the moral conflict, you’re either a part of this thing or you’re irrelevant as a big club. It’s Top Four and into the European Cup on a grand scale.

I’m not in favour of this Super League but I am in general favour of a complete shake up of the football calendar from top to bottom.

Would supporters rather our peers ran away with things or left us behind? It didn’t work out for us in 1992 when the mancs started running themselves like a global company while we ran ourselves like a local shop.

Again, I’ll reiterate, I’m not in favour of this (and I don’t think it’ll happen), but, as defeatist as this might sound, if we can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

If anybody thinks this would have been different had Parry still been CEO needs to think again.

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m not in favour of this Super League but I am in general favour of a complete shake up of the football calendar from top to bottom.

Would supporters rather our peers ran away with things or left us behind? It didn’t work out for us in 1992 when the mancs started running themselves like a global company while we ran ourselves like a local shop.

Again, I’ll reiterate, I’m not in favour of this (and I don’t think it’ll happen), but, as defeatist as this might sound, if we can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

If anybody thinks this would have been different had Parry still been CEO needs to think again.

That attitude is part of the problem.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, andyj said:

fuck that they are now killing us 

I still saw posts on Twitter last night saying "we would be nowhere if they hadn't have bought us"

13 minutes ago, Brownie said:

That attitude is part of the problem.

I don’t like it either, but what’s the alternative? Raise £1.6bn to buy 51% of the club. Unfortunately, it’s not gonna happen.

If Kenyon was still at the mancs, Bates at Chelsea, Dein at Arsenal & Sugar at Spurs, does anybody think there would be a different outcome to this? 

I don’t want this to happen (and i genuinely don’t think it will), ideally I don’t want us to be part of it, but if everybody else is joining, I’d rather we be part of it than not.