You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

These aren't bad arguments, but the reality is we're feeling the consequences. There are plenty of clubs who quickly replace players who don't work out. And they take some losses sometimes doing that, but they're willing to do it. Keita's been here 3 seasons, Matip 5, Ox 4. We could have gotten rid. We really could have. We just didn't because it's not the soundest financial thing and because we believed in them. We shouldn't have. The result is that the depth isn't there and it's stopped investment because these guys take important spots in the squad. 

Phil Jones is still at Utd, so is Rojo and Romero, Lingaard has just been shifted out on loan. Players that fail at the top are hard to swift, only the oil clubs can take the hit.  Most of our injury prone players are in midfield and we haven't struggled for depth in there. Its CB that is the problem, we are down our first choice 5 CB's, nobody is surviving that.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I agree with this but Klopp has no option other than to throw Jones in. He'd be making a few appearances as sub and the odd game but not much else in a perfect scenario. I can't help feeling that our wobbles this season began with both the Wijnaldum contract situation and then Mo's alleged 'come and get me' interview with the media. Once these signs of unrest happen then other players start to become unsettled too. They,or their agents,are greedy bastards and they look for the easy way out. Klopp is powerless against this because this is just how modern football is. We've lost our motivators like VVD,Hendo and Milner and we are rudderless.

Agree, though mixed with a heavy dose of self pity. In a way, I get it.  Winning the league without fans isn't enjoyable.  I think a few of our players won't give a shit until fans are back.  

I don't really blame them.  I'd not lose sleep if we didn't qualify for the CL. 

1 minute ago, No2 said:

Phil Jones is still at Utd, so is Rojo and Romero, Lingaard has just been shifted out on loan. Players that fail at the top are hard to swift, only the oil clubs can take the hit.  Most of our injury prone players are in midfield and we haven't struggled for depth in there. Its CB that is the problem, we are down our first choice 5 CB's, nobody is surviving that.

Utd will have no trouble shifting those players.  All four were wanted in the Summer.

16 minutes ago, Red74 said:

He signed that new contract as we were getting players telling us they didn’t want to come to us and current players didn’t want to sign new contracts if he was gonna go at the end of his contract next season. 

If these say to him your budget will buy you Kabak in the summer and you can have the money from the sales to rebuild the squad I reckon he’ll knock it on the head. 

Think he is sick of it already to be honest.

If they give him fuck all again or tell him to sell someone to fund it I think he will just sack it off.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Think he is sick of it already to be honest.

If they give him fuck all again or tell him to sell someone to fund it I think he will just sack it off.

He was in no rush to sign that new contract either even though he was getting less than half of what Ancelloti got from them bums. 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Yes, but precisely because of our depth in midfield, we could have let Ox or Keita go and invested elsewhere. 

We gave Ox an extension coming of a knee injury. Should we have done that? Probably not. We also gave Matip an extension in 2019. United gave Jones a new deal not long ago. Should they have done that? No. It's not so much failure to get rid, it's that we didn't want to get rid. We probably could have sold them had we not extended them. Now, it might be too late and they're unflushable. 

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think he’s a lot tougher than what you’re giving him credit for

People must genuinely think Klopp's a quitter and mentally weak with how they talk about him. For as much as they love him, it seems they also have a low opinion of him in other ways. It's not super logical. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, but precisely because of our depth in midfield, we could have let Ox or Keita go and invested elsewhere. 

We gave Ox an extension coming of a knee injury. Should we have done that? Probably not. We also gave Matip an extension in 2019. United gave Jones a new deal not long ago. Should they have done that? No. It's not so much failure to get rid, it's that we didn't want to get rid. We probably could have sold them had we not extended them. Now, it might be too late and they're unflushable. 

Ox was a mistake and the extension was a mistake but its not as black and white as that. Squads take all types, they need lads are happy to be subs and won't cause a fuss. Every supporter would sell Kieta Ox and Origi in the morning but if they're replaced by 3 lads kicking up a fuss because they're not playing then the whole dynamic changes. I realise I'm saying this while we're shit but the point stands.

8 minutes ago, J-V said:

Utd will have no trouble shifting those players.  All four were wanted in the Summer.

Then why are all still there? Not a minute of game time between them.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Official club twitter account blocked and reported me for calling John Henry a cunt. Feels like a full on dictatorship closing in

You are no longer part of the global liverpool family. Now get out, go, you are trespassing and I will have to call the police.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Official club twitter account blocked and reported me for calling John Henry a cunt. Feels like a full on dictatorship closing in

You can't say cunt on twitter, simple as that. I got a week ban for pointing out Priti Patel was one. You can be as racist, sexist, homophobic and horrific to people in general but call someone a rude word and you're in for it.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

When you take a step back you can actually see what has happened. 

Klopp came into the club with a reputation of getting the best out of his squad with a limited budget. 

For years Klopp has been miraculous here with the budget he has been given and these greedy cunts thought it would just carry on and they could just continue to give Klopp scraps from their plate while creaming the profits, however the chickens habe come home to roost and even Klopp cant turn this around without investment. 

Idiots of the highest order as they obviously decided to deliberately forget Klopps last season at Dortmund and what happened when his squad wasn't refreshed and run into the ground. 

I actually read an article a while back about one of the quant gimps who works for Edwards and they actually saw klopps last season at Dortmund as a kind of moneyball situation. They reckoned most people would think he'd failed, but their stats showed he was just unlucky and they thought it would somehow take challengers for his signature out of the way. I don't know about that myself like. I don't follow German footy closely, but I remember thinking it's bound to go wrong if you keep flogging your best players. Surely other top clubs would see that too? 

Anyway, I actually think what hampers us most is the thing the club gets praised on most. Firstly, it's clear we have a number of slots for players in the squad and we expect so much money to sell our players, the ones who don't contribute - through either being shit like origi, always injured like lallana, clyne, sturridge or a bit of both like Shaq and Chamberlain, we're just kind of stuck with until their contracts expire. So they don't allow any pressure on the 12-15 players who play nearly all the time. Secondly we seem to mostly want to sign players where there's some type of deal going on. Last year's of contracts like chamberlain and thiago, release clauses like mini and keita, out of contract kids like Ings, Elliot and solanke or when sides are pressured to sell like we've done with Roma twice when they've had to balance their ffp. I'm not saying we should never do it and clearly with Roma that's really worked out well, but surely it can't work forever trying to find footballers in the middle isle at aldi? I think the 1st issue about not moving the crap is a bigger problem, but I can't get my head around we can do the best recruitment if we only look for a deal.