You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If someone told me when they were about to buy us that we would be in the position we are in right now with a title and a champions league in the bag I'd be fucking delighted. 

A centre-half would have been great but a board that won't be held over a barrel and dry-bummed is also great. It's not like other clubs have been splashing the cash left right and central. Frustrating yes, worthy of threads calling for their heads and a gaggle of cry-arse reactions like on here? No. Absolutely fucking not. Some heads need screwing back on. 

This will not age well

• Downvote 2

Klopp very rarely If ever gives any information away about players injuries especially after matches.

He said it looked really bad for Matip and it could be ankle ligaments. In his presser today he's saying it might not be that bad but have to wait on a scan.

I think the fact he said what he did last night shows the frustration he has at us not getting a CB in. 

The need for Liverpool to sign a centre-back before Monday’s transfer deadline is off the scale. Inaction is no longer an option, with various short-term fixes now under serious consideration [@JamesPearceLFC]

Pearce seems to think we are considering some options. Short term means we can probably forget the likes of Botman and mostly looking at Subotic, Mustafi (I know) etc

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’d rather play me than Mustafi. 

If we signed another CB alongside him so that we can have our midfield back, it would be the happiest I’ve ever been to sign an obviously dodgy player. Mustafi and a past-prime Subotic unshackling Henderson and Fabinho puts us in with a good shout of recovering to finish second.

30 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

The need for Liverpool to sign a centre-back before Monday’s transfer deadline is off the scale. Inaction is no longer an option, with various short-term fixes now under serious consideration [@JamesPearceLFC]

Pearce seems to think we are considering some options. Short term means we can probably forget the likes of Botman and mostly looking at Subotic, Mustafi (I know) etc

More like peddle a story we are looking now its too late. Only every single football fan in the world said you can't rely on matip, gomes and fabinho was likely to get injured.

On 23/06/2020 at 09:39, Scooby Dudek said:

Yes but not every club pretends they aren't. It is the PR that irritates me more than anything. 

When they put the staff on furlough I was not outraged as I was not surprised, they are shrewd businessmen, it is the same in relation to spending.  I am not outraged but not surprised. I am however, frustrated.

Completely agree with this. It's the constant smoke blown up their backside by the toadys in the press and fan media while leaving the squad massively short in certain areas which is grating, the centre back thing has basically not been acknowledged at all.

Hahaha was going to post the above in the summer, but never got round to it.

45 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Glad that we've got two centre backs, albeit for very minimal outlay and nothing much to lose from a business perspective. They will probably end up being bargains. 

Should have been signed on the 1st January to give everyone a lift though and put our midfield back where they should have been. 

Probably about 9 points dropped too late but better late than never.

15 hours ago, Brownie said:

At least they corrected the mistake.

They really need to get better at not making those mistakes though.

It's an issue with squad depth that FSG and the club need to be pragmatic about in terms of availability to the squad, rather than the expenditure. I appreciate they have a structure that everyone at the club is on board with, but if you address squad depth issues in a certain way that doesn't leave you scrambling around to complete deals late in the day, you can maintain the squad to a level high enough that keeps them competing, winning things and bringing the big bucks in. When you have a manager who is adept at building and maintaining squad harmony, piggy-back of it by plugging gaps as and when they appear. It's even more imperative in a season that is as condensed as this one.

Incidentally, on the same day that the club broke the news about Matip's unavailability leaving us without 3 senior centre backs for the rest of the season, the Red Sox have just lost a key component of their locker room too. 2nd Baseman Dustin Pedroia has announced his retirement following a succession of injuries that has meant that he has barely figured for the Red Sox in the past couple of years. He's a one-club man who has been there for 15 years, and he has the sort of influence on teammates that the likes of Hendo and Milly have at Liverpool.

15 hours ago, Brownie said:

At least they corrected the mistake.

They really need to get better at not making those mistakes though.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the new lads in action. Not overjoyed that Minamino has gone out on loan although we probably don't need him now were out of the cup.  Smarter move for me would have been to line up a proven CH in December and had him in early Jan. We might still be on terms with City.  Still as they say we are where we are which probably means a runners up spot at best . To be fair the concertinaed season and the injuries have been a perfect storm although it all could have been handled better including things like Klopp playing Jota in a meaningless 

game .