You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fucking hell. This window hasn't even closed and they're managing the next one already after last week making noises the next window would be big. Cunts. 

Laying the groundwork in case we miss out on the CL, I bet. I really can’t see Van Dijk extending for Europa when he’s pushing 30, so I bet the three have been mentioned so that it’s seen as a relief if Alisson and Fabinho stay. Van Dijk’s departure covers the loss of CL income, new contracts for Alisson and Fabinho are “morale boosters” and one of Salah or Mané has to go to fund the purchase of a new centre back, with the Echo telling us that the replacement has “already been signed” and it’s Jota. Harvey Barnes comes back to deputise because, of course, there’s invariably the equivalent of a new signing who is already at the club.

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Laying the groundwork in case we miss out on the CL, I bet. I really can’t see Van Dijk extending for Europa when he’s pushing 30, so I bet the three have been mentioned so that it’s seen as a relief if Alisson and Fabinho stay. Van Dijk’s departure covers the loss of CL income, new contracts for Alisson and Fabinho are “morale boosters” and one of Salah or Mané has to go to fund the purchase of a new centre back, with the Echo telling us that the replacement has “already been signed” and it’s Jota. Harvey Barnes comes back to deputise because, of course, there’s invariably the equivalent of a new signing who is already at the club.

You mean Harvey Elliott? Harvey Barnes isn't taking the step down. 

34 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

You’re more Harvey the Rabbit

Surely the context is we are playing two midfielders at centre half. Thus weakening both the defence and midfield. 

The context is the gamble of only 3 CH at the start of the season, with 2 of them injury prone made sense insomuch as VVD had not missed a league game in 2 years, so we would only need Fab to drop back occasionally, with Thiago going into midfield.

Once VVD got injured the context changed, once Joe went down the context became we have to sign a CH in January.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Surely the context is we are playing two midfielders at centre half. Thus weakening both the defence and midfield. 

The context is the gamble of only 3 CH at the start of the season, with 2 of them injury prone made sense insomuch as VVD had not missed a league game in 2 years, so we would only need Fab to drop back occasionally, with Thiago going into midfield.

Once VVD got injured the context changed, once Joe went down the context became we have to sign a CH in January.

This is the context right here.

Its not we ran the front 3 into the ground, its not we didn't buy after finishing 2nd, its not we didn't strengthen from a position of strength or we let players go we shouldn't have. Its as simple as we took what I and I assume Jurgen took to be a slight risk with CB quantities. We had probably relied on Fab having to fill in on a couple of occasions. That has back fired now and needs fixing right now. But it isn't any more than that, we started the season with Matip, Jota, Ox, Keita, Jones, Gini, Shaq, Minamino, The Greek and Origi as our probable subs. That is the best squad we have EVER had and that isn't up for dispute because the XI playing were all amazing players.

A small gamble + terrible luck = a situation they need to resolve. We all think the answer is buying and we're all correct unless one of VVD or Gomez is a lot closer to return than we think.

• Upvote 1

Less than halfway through a season who is to say Fabinho or Henderson won't pick up an injury or suspension. Weve left ourselves with 2 midfielders playing centreback we are currently in a transfer window where it can be addressed and it won't be.

I listened to the Anfield wrap talking about the situation they pretty much came up with every reason not to sign a defender such as current climate, how it looks, the club are trying to create an us against the world situations, adversity making us step up, the management loving the idea of problem solving and seeing what we can achieve. VvD being much closer to coming back than we think even though that still leaves us short, pretty much everything other than FSG just won't provide any funds because they don't want to invest in the side. They bought the club cheap and still want to run it as such.

Sign or even loan what we need and make us look like kneejerk mugs.

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Less than halfway through a season who is to say Fabinho or Henderson won't pick up an injury or suspension. Weve left ourselves with 2 midfielders playing centreback we are currently in a transfer window where it can be addressed and it won't be.

I listened to the Anfield wrap talking about the situation they pretty much came up with every reason not to sign a defender such as current climate, how it looks, the club are trying to create an us against the world situations, adversity making us step up, the management loving the idea of problem solving and seeing what we can achieve. VvD being much closer to coming back than we think even though that still leaves us short, pretty much everything other than FSG just won't provide any funds because they don't want to invest in the side. They bought the club cheap and still want to run it as such.

Sign or even loan what we need and make us look like kneejerk mugs.

I hadn't looked at transfer spend until you posted this. Its actually incredibly low, there is 22m internal signing between the Red Bull clubs at the top of the list, then Haller to Ajax for 20m, the lad utd signed in the summer is next, a 9m defender from Genk to Atalanta and after that every signing is below 3.5m. There have only been 7 signings above 2m in the whole of Europe. Sky will probably be giving that Scottish cunt the day off next week.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/31/mens-transfer-window-january-2020-all-deals-from-europes-top-five-leagues

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I hadn't looked at transfer spend until you posted this. Its actually incredibly low, there is 22m internal signing between the Red Bull clubs at the top of the list, then Haller to Ajax for 20m, the lad utd signed in the summer is next, a 9m defender from Genk to Atalanta and after that every signing is below 3.5m. There have only been 7 signings above 2m in the whole of Europe. Sky will probably be giving that Scottish cunt the day off next week.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/31/mens-transfer-window-january-2020-all-deals-from-europes-top-five-leagues

Looking at the list there are only 12 with a transfer fee.

surely though there’s a loan option out there. I mean we signed steven caulker to fill a gap at one point. We don’t need a long term option all the time.

Also you’d imagine there would be some clubs struggling for cash so we could do a deal.

• Like 1

If the forwards would pull their fingers out their arses or a midfielder could conjure up the strength to risk a shot we wouldn’t be worrying about getting a centre half in. 

City haven’t had a striker all season and they managed to work around it. 

We need to change our tactics.

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

If the forwards would pull their fingers out their arses or a midfielder could conjure up the strength to risk a shot we wouldn’t be worrying about getting a centre half in. 

Because City aren't playing their 2 best midfielders at centre back for fucking starters.

59 minutes ago, Red74 said:

The way City's squad is set up, they don't rely on any one player. This is why they can swap Aguero/Jesus Gundogan/Foden Sterling/Mahrez etc - even they dropped a load of dosh on Dias as they didn't want a situation like last season when they lost Laporte

We massively rely on our centre backs being fit and have little option when they are not.  A bit like Wolves, Jimenez gets injured and the drop off is immense cos they rely on him so much - City don't do that with their strikers.

For the supposed smartest guys in the room, is our business model to be winning champions leagues and league titles, just to be constantly teetering on the brink of financial ruin. Unable to plug even the most glaring gap in the squad during the transfer window. God knows what happens when Klopp goes as without his miraculous managerial skills, the winning of titles stops, including their cherished top 4 trophy.

And this sell to buy, spreading the squad thin approach was happening long before Covid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, KevieG said:

For the supposed smartest guys in the room, is our business model to be winning champions leagues and league titles, just to be constantly teetering on the brink of financial ruin. Unable to plug even the most glaring gap in the squad during the transfer window. God knows what happens when Klopp goes as without his miraculous managerial skills, the winning of titles stops, including their cherished top 4 trophy.

And this sell to buy, spreading the squad thin approach was happening long before Covid.

It doesn't seem to make any difference whether we win everything or win nothing, the spending is always the same. The only time it alters is what we recoup in sales.

Spread the squad thin, knacker our best players and hope that academy players fill any holes in the squad.

I'm not against lads from the academy making it as Kelleher is clearly better than Adrian, I thought Neco Williams was good until he had a dodgy few games and had his confidence destroyed. But expecting us to make to with two players who weren't in the manages plans and doesnt trust in big games is not acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Yes we all know FSG are tight cunts and hate nothing more than spending their own money, but even in a scenario where if he asked for a defender or two and was told, sorry Jurgen no funds, you'd get creative.

Picks up phone to any friends or contacts in Germany (or anywhere else), listen Mr manager/sporting director etc, I'm in the shit here, all my centre backs are fucked and these FSG cunts are telling me I have no money to spend. Would you mind if you'd loan me Mr Promising centre back or 35 year old who's not even played this season? Even failing that, contact any recently retired centre back and him to put his boots back on for 6 more months. This is what I mean about being creative rather than doing fuck all.

It's pure negligence that it's now 19th January and we're no closer to bringing in another centre back on the day after we found out the extent of Gomez's injury.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

It doesn't seem to make any difference whether we win everything or win nothing, the spending is always the same. The only time it alters is what we recoup in sales.

Spread the squad thin, knacker our best players and hope that academy players fill any holes in the squad.

I'm not against lads from the academy making it as Kelleher is clearly better than Adrian, I thought Neco Williams was good until he had a dodgy few games and had his confidence destroyed. But expecting us to make to with two players who weren't in the manages plans and doesnt trust in big games is not acceptable.

Not even been mentioned that Virgil has virtually played every single game since he signed for us before his injury.

Imagine his serious injury happening to Mo or Sadio who also play nearly every game? Astonishing that they haven't picked up any serious injuries with all the minutes they've racked up in the last few seasons playing game after game.

Our season would be done if we lost any of those 2 for a considerable length of time.

6 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Yes we all know FSG are tight cunts and hate nothing more than spending their own money, but even in a scenario where if he asked for a defender or two and was told, sorry Jurgen no funds, you'd get creative.

Picks up phone to any friends or contacts in Germany (or anywhere else), listen Mr manager/sporting director etc, I'm in the shit here, all my centre backs are fucked and these FSG cunts are telling me I have no money to spend. Would you mind if you'd loan me Mr Promising centre back or 35 year old who's not even played this season? Even failing that, contact any recently retired centre back and him to put his boots back on for 6 more months. This is what I mean about being creative rather than doing fuck all.

It's pure negligence that it's now 19th January and we're no closer to bringing in another centre back on the day after we found out the extent of Gomez's injury.

We have no idea what has or hasn't happened behind the scenes.

You wanted rid of Klopp years ago, so you've got a track record of talking out yer arse.  Not all of us are hysterical fannies.

• Downvote 1