Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 268 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Recommended Posts

Their saving grace is theyre not Gillet and Hicks but they're no better than Moores. For all our being commercially smarter to catch up to the big boys we still fund our side like mid table jobbers. 

 

Robertson, Matip, Gomes, Trent, Milner, Tsimikas, Neko Williams, Ox, Shaquiri, origi, firmino, Henderson, curtis Jones, minamino. Half our squad cost next to nothing and yet the club still scrimps like fuck, like its the only club in the world with bills. We spend big when we sell big, no matter how much it will affect our chances, no matter how big our recent success. Football success is just a bonus to FSG on top of the years finances reports. We may aswell be a meat packing factory they have invested in. You can tell they have no real interest, no excitement theres no push or ambition they say to their middle management heres the books make sure they fucking balance.. no emergency funds.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Their saving grace is theyre not Gillet and Hicks but they're no better than Moores. For all our being commercially smarter to catch up to the big boys we still fund our side like mid table jobbers. 

 

Robertson, Matip, Gomes, Trent, Milner, Tsimikas, Neko Williams, Ox, Shaquiri, origi, firmino, Henderson, curtis Jones, minamino. Half our squad cost next to nothing and yet the club still scrimps like fuck, like its the only club in the world with bills. We spend big when we sell big, no matter how much it will affect our chances, no matter how big our recent success. Football success is just a bonus to FSG on top of the years finances reports. We may aswell be a meat packing factory they have invested in. You can tell they have no real interest, no excitement theres no push or ambition they say to their middle management heres the books make sure they fucking balance.. no emergency funds.

Didnt Firmino cost around 30 million and The Ox 35 million?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scott_M said:


We’re obviously better with VVD but name a player at another club with his full skill set?

 

I don’t know the answer to the current question about us, but it’s not as simple as “buy another centre half”. 
 

3 goals in 4 games against relegation fodder, VVD or not, isn’t good enough whichever spin is put on it.

well if VVD was being replaced with a centre back who was previously not in the team, you might say that. but our approach to squad management is 100% dependent on him being fit, because for their entire careers at Liverpool Matip and Gomez spend at least as much time inured as they do fit. So what our current predicament means is we're needing to sacrifice the 1st pick players in midfield in order to put out a defence. It's completely nonsensical - we've weakened 4 position and we're running a midfield against the league leaders with a lad who wants out and 2 lads who've barely kicked a ball all season, one of which has barely kicked a ball for us before and the other klopp has never shown any appetite to platy in midfield before. We've effectively weakened 4 positions on the pitch because we've chosen to believe vvd would never get injured and not to replace Lovren. I even get we might have gone into the season to see how it went where lovren was concerned - but the window is open, we've known for months both Gomez and VVD are unlikely to play again this season, so it is time for the club to get some centre backs in and get our midfield back. There's simply no excuse. 

 

The performance from that midfield yesterday was fucking shocking. Gini was the best of the 3 and he was shite. Shaq seemed not to have a clue how to play the role and for some reason kept rolling around the floor like he was in the SAS and Thiago seems to think all he has to do is turn up and play a couple of no look passes and that's enough, he stopped playing after 20 mins yesterday. We need fabinho and Henderson back in midfield, they are our best 2 midfielders despite all this hype around Thiago. There's only 1 way to do that and it's to buy, because despite the shite that is pushed out through the club's mouthpieces, Williams and Phillips are not options. 

 

And finally, while Henderson and Fabinho aren't small and seem to handle themselves OK, in terms of height in the team (as henderson and fabinho would be on the pitch anyway if we had centre backs),  we've effectively replaced 2 x 6ft 4in centre backs with Thiago and Shaq. We are zero threat at set pieces and they have been shocking for a few games and yesterday we were trying lots of short corners or towards the end when we were desperate we were just loading the 6 yard box with bodies and trying to flash a ball at the near post to see what happens. We've lost a great threat and one that is a significant source of 1st goals against teams who sit as deep as all of the teams we have played do. It's become a real simple plan to defend against us, sit deep, get bodies in the way, don't worry about giving away corners and don't worry about the press because it won't arrive.  

 

1 injury has brought down the whole pack of cards. 

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I get that, and you're entitled to not like that we're owned by a hedge fund, but you're also undoubtedly blinkered. The fact you think us winning trophies in the past couple years is an accident says it all. It's just bad faith and your narrative is never going to change.

It wasn't luck. Klopp is fucking brilliant and won it despite them. But as brilliant as he is, he's not Jesus and can't turn water into wine. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Code said:


But thats not it.

 

Our overall game suffers because we sit furter back and we play two of the best midfielder in the PL at CB. 


I’ve already made this point extensively elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

well if VVD was being replaced with a centre back who was previously not in the team, you might say that. but our approach to squad management is 100% dependent on him being fit, because for their entire careers at Liverpool Matip and Gomez spend at least as much time inured as they do fit. So what our current predicament means is we're needing to sacrifice the 1st pick players in midfield in order to put out a defence. It's completely nonsensical - we've weakened 4 position and we're running a midfield against the league leaders with a lad who wants out and 2 lads who've barely kicked a ball all season, one of which has barely kicked a ball for us before and the other klopp has never shown any appetite to platy in midfield before. We've effectively weakened 4 positions on the pitch because we've chosen to believe vvd would never get injured and not to replace Lovren. I even get we might have gone into the season to see how it went where lovren was concerned - but the window is open, we've known for months both Gomez and VVD are unlikely to play again this season, so it is time for the club to get some centre backs in and get our midfield back. There's simply no excuse. 

 

The performance from that midfield yesterday was fucking shocking. Gini was the best of the 3 and he was shite. Shaq seemed not to have a clue how to play the role and for some reason kept rolling around the floor like he was in the SAS and Thiago seems to think all he has to do is turn up and play a couple of no look passes and that's enough, he stopped playing after 20 mins yesterday. We need fabinho and Henderson back in midfield, they are our best 2 midfielders despite all this hype around Thiago. There's only 1 way to do that and it's to buy, because despite the shite that is pushed out through the club's mouthpieces, Williams and Phillips are not options. 

 

And finally, while Henderson and Fabinho aren't small and seem to handle themselves OK, in terms of height in the team (as henderson and fabinho would be on the pitch anyway if we had centre backs),  we've effectively replaced 2 x 6ft 4in centre backs with Thiago and Shaq. We are zero threat at set pieces and they have been shocking for a few games and yesterday we were trying lots of short corners or towards the end when we were desperate we were just loading the 6 yard box with bodies and trying to flash a ball at the near post to see what happens. We've lost a great threat and one that is a significant source of 1st goals against teams who sit as deep as all of the teams we have played do. It's become a real simple plan to defend against us, sit deep, get bodies in the way, don't worry about giving away corners and don't worry about the press because it won't arrive. 


I get all this and have made the points on set pieces and a few bits before as well. 
 

I agree the defender issue should have been addressed on the 1st January and I cannot offer an explanation to why it’s not happened.

 

I can’t remember our line ups this season, but I’ll go back to the point about scoring goals. Although Brighton & Fulham weren’t great performances, they came in runs we were still scoring goals.

 

So, why since Boxing Day have we been completely blunted? I do think VVD not being available has hurt in that respect but 1 goal in 4 matches isn’t good enough whoever is playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott_M said:


I get all this and have made the points on set pieces and a few bits before as well. 
 

I agree the defender issue should have been addressed on the 1st January and I cannot offer an explanation to why it’s not happened.

 

I can’t remember our line ups this season, but I’ll go back to the point about scoring goals. Although Brighton & Fulham weren’t great performances, they came in runs we were still scoring goals.

 

So, why since Boxing Day have we been completely blunted? I do think VVD not being available has hurt in that respect but 1 goal in 4 matches isn’t good enough whoever is playing.

It is indeed getting worse, that's what confidence can do to you. It is also what teams can do to shut us out once they see how we're setting up and performing and where the threats are coming from - it's why you can often ride out short injuries and the odd player or two can make a difference for a short spell.

 

Personally I thought the WBA was a game management problem, we thought they couldn't score - if you remember the 1st 20 mins of that game, we were superb and then perhaps because of our injuries, perhaps because of the christmas programme (or a combination), we seemed to settle for 1-0 and aside from 5 mins after half time, so did WBA. After that, I don't think Thiago is helping and this new game of playing henderson at centre back. I realise Thiago is a good footballer, but he is not playing passes into players where they want the ball, so I think he is contributing to it. If we had centre backs, my midfield 3 would be Fabinho, Henderson and Gini and I would be bringing Thiago off the bench to learn how to play with our forwards and learn how to be part of the midfield press - he is doing both really poorly right now in my opinion. He plays some lovely looking passes, but they haven't hurt teams and he's not opening anything up.  And his pressing is just way off. I had been hoping over the break we have had from Southampton we would have worked on that, but watching yesterday it looked to me the thing we have been working on is the centre half pairing and getting them better at holding a higher line and compressing the play - they did it reasonably well in the 1st half, but dropped off as they tired. 

 

As I say for me it's a house of cards. When you have players around the squad who are flexible and can play multiple positions, it works out OK if they're a Milner or Chamberlain who are unlikely to be in your best XI anyway - so when Milner plays full back for instance all it has done is weaken the bench. When you pull 2 of the best midfielders in the country out of their positions to play centre back, you weaken centre back, weaken the midfield and weaken the bench. We play a 3 man midfield and have fucked off 2 of them! I makes really no sense at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Didnt Firmino cost around 30 million and The Ox 35 million?

Yeah but I was just kind of naming players im not sure if we bought off a big sale off the top of my head, though most will be from small sales, I suppose.  Namely suarez, sterling and Coutinho sales. Even Salah coming didn't we have the whole benteke staying going first. The Ox signing ive no clue why we bought that lad and for that fee his injury record has never been great. My point was its not been a squad built by investing its been built by shifting the pack, wheeling and dealing which is fine when it works but surely that means when things go wrong the money is there and so far over the years it seems to be crack on and make do, square pegs round holes. Its just frustrating more now because its evident to the whole planet we desperately need a CB, playing our midfield in there could write off our season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The new contracts will be the new signings in the summer. If we actually get in the top 4.

AND so it begins. 

 

Wonder what the chances are some of those are moved on with their contracts running down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

"IN Liverpool". Not "at".

 

He's off to The Ev.

They won't want him there as he dives too much. That winds them up and they wouldn't stand for any of that at the People's last Corinthian we do things the right way senior club in the city. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

The new contracts will be the new signings in the summer. If we actually get in the top 4.

Fucking hell. This window hasn't even closed and they're managing the next one already after last week making noises the next window would be big. Cunts. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

 

 

 

Aren't they the exact words he used in the Spanish interview that conveniently weren't reported or at least away from the story of trying to make it look like he wanted out?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fucking hell. This window hasn't even closed and they're managing the next one already after last week making noises the next window would be big. Cunts. 

Aren't they the exact words he used in the Spanish interview that conveniently weren't reported or at least away from the story of trying to make it look like he wanted out?


Yes they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Anfield Road end will be used as an excuse not to spend as well. 

Don't forget the £50m training ground needs to be paid for as well.  Going to make this summer difficult for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Don't forget the £50m training ground needs to be paid for as well.  Going to make this summer difficult for us. 

Yep, an extension to the existing site part paid for by the sale of Melwood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×