You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

4 hours ago, dave u said:

Don't know how anybody could possibly disagree with any of this.

I don't particularly like FSG or dislike them. As far as owners go, we could easily do a hell of a lot worse but I'm not sure we could do better as I don't think the kind of owner that fans would want actually exists at this level of football.

Would you swap FSG for the owners of any of the other big clubs in England?

If so, who?

This is the nub of it. Who better are we going to get? You're either looking at a city state ownership or mega rich abramovich model.Neither appeals to me and the people shouting the loudest for FSG to just spend money might find a new owners idea of running the club not in tune with their's even if they do spend shitloads.

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think FSG have done the right things since they've been here, even when it's gone wrong. 

The employ of Rodgers for example, that was left-field for a club our size, but y'know I quite liked the idea of taking a gamble on someone young and with fresh ideas.  I applaud that decision. 

And then Klopp comes along, and remember to FSG he's possibly not a standout candidate in terms of winning things.  There will be a couple of 'football men' in FSG, but for the most part they would look at the CV of the likes of Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti and consider Klopp to be inferior to them, but with the same contract demand more or less.  I mean, do you really think John Henry was impressed by Klopp's Dortmund team, or was he impressed with the approach and ambition of the man?  

And, say, the Klopp thing had gone wrong, what then?  Well, to be honest, I'd personally have been ok with that.  Sometimes you need to remember that the journey is just as much fun, if not more fun, than the lifting of the trophies. 

Personally I get more enjoyment from signing Harvey Elliott for £7m (or whatever it was), than I would from signing Mahrez for £60m, or Pedro, or Bale etc.  I like being on the journey with a young set of players, some unknown players, some players with things to prove.  I'm not sure that Man City's owners would necessarily have approved of Pep buying a player like Andy Robertson, or persisting with developing Gomez and Trent instead of just buying the latest £50m full back from Portugal or 'being fine' with using Milner there.  

There's an honesty to Klopp, if he doesn't want big name players then I implicitly trust that he genuinely doesn't want to operate that way.  And of course that's better for FSG financially when it goes right, but if it went wrong then the fans turn on them for not spending loads, but in truth surely they were just letting their manager do what he wanted to do.

If you want we can segueway into furlough discussion, but they learned and they learned fast.  And perhaps some people would do well to remember that for every million we don't spend in this window, that's being used to support people's wages.    

Fucking great post!

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Just imagine what we could have achieved with Lee Bowyer in the heart of midfield for a decade.

To be fair, although an absolute cunt, Bowyer was a good player at the time and would have been decent right midfield. 

Shortly after the season started, just after his transfer to us collapsed, my mate and I saw him in Harrogate about 3am one Sunday morning (Leeds had lost earlier in the day, think at Birmingham).

We said alright to him and asked why he didn’t sign for us in the summer and he said “The diet wasn’t right lads” just before taking a huge mouthful of a Donna kebab and dribbling chilli sauce all down his chin and shirt. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

There's an argument to be made for fans challenging them working at various points during their time here, ticket prices, furlough, etc. Might as well keep challenging them until they align with us a bit more. 

Plus it looked like we weren't signing anyone until some nut jobs sent Linda a few nasty DMs, so obviously she passed on the message to John and now we have Thiago. 

Look here's the reality imo. If we don't challenge them their target is 4th and they don't even have to pretend. Just bring me the money. At least if we challenge them, make them believe their investment is at risk if they don't at least show some sporting ambition, well we might move them 1%. They're awful owners. It doesn't mean they're more awful than say those at arsenal or man united, they're all fucking awful. Our job as fans is to try and remind them all of the time this is sport and not Weetabix. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Dave, there's no doubt English football is fucked. It's run by a series of US cunts just like our own owners (and in the glazers case worse) or monied individuals or states with different questionable ambitions, although at least for those teams sporting interest likely mostly aligns with owner interest even if it's for different reasons.

But that doesn't mean we should be happy about it or accept it. We should challenge them every fucking day to do the right thing, because if we don't, they'll do the wrong thing. Owners of English clubs are shite. You can either accept it and take it up the arse or you can at least ask them to lube it a bit on the way. 

Soz. Just seen my neg from @Scott_M. They don't have to lube for you. You just take it however you like it. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Soz. Just seen my neg from @Scott_M. They don't have to lube for you. You just take it however you like it. 

My thoughts on FSG are summarised clearly on the previous page.

Like it or don’t. I don’t care. 

I’ll continue to enjoy the ride, you do whatever you do.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, No2 said:

The biggest issue with them has been the net spend provided to Klopp over his tenure. I think it was £28m before the start of this window. The hilarious thing is the net spend will most likely be lower than that when the window shuts and we will possess the worlds best team.

So what you’re saying is the biggest issue with FSG really isn’t an issue?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Look here's the reality imo. If we don't challenge them their target is 4th 

ZZZzzzzzz. Their target is what is best for the valuation of the club. They didn't become billionaires by being stupid. Maybe their minimum acceptable standard is 4th, which seems sensible to me. Anybody saying their target is 4th is a total wom. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think it is pretty silly to suggest that people can’t enjoy the football and be critical of the owners, Scott. Sorry, but it is.

There is critical & there is complete, unsubstantiated bollocks.

You’ve read my earlier post. I’ve can’t have posted my thoughts more clearly. 

Criticism where it’s due. Credit where it’s due. Trawl through this thread & you’ll see I’ve done both. To continuously piss & moan, at a time we should be the happiest we could be as supporters, is frankly, weird. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

To continually fail to separate enjoyment of football with discussion on a forum seems pretty weird to me.

For some posters to continually put a negative slant on everything & seemingly froth at the mouth a the mere mention FSG might be doing an Ok job, considering our achievements recently...I just don’t get it. 

I’ve offered to agree to disagree with other posters on this (some more than once) but still they keep coming back at me. I’m more than happy to leave it this way.

I’ve been as clear as I can a page or so back, I don’t really have anything more to add.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

For some posters to continually put a negative slant on everything & seemingly froth at the mouth a the mere mention FSG might be doing an Ok job, considering our achievements recently...I just don’t get it. 

I’ve offered to agree to disagree with other posters on this (some more than once) but still they keep coming back at me. I’m more than happy to leave it this way.

I’ve been as clear as I can a page or so back, I don’t really have anything more to add.

Correct. It's bizarre some even think FSG only sanctioned Alcantara, Jota and anyone else who's signed because a few trolls on twatter sent 'Linda' some abusive tweets!

Oh we sell first to buy! So fucking what?

Like Id been saying in early August when the shouting started, the window doesnt close until 5th(?) October.

All people need to do is prove the malfeasance and people will listen. Just shouting and saying people are 'stupid cunts' just shows people's lack of comprehension.

• Upvote 1

FSG really fucking nailed it with Klopp and Edwards (especially the former but Edwards is obviously incredibly talented). That is what I am most thankful to them for - purposeful and outstanding recruitment at a management level and having the foresight to recognize how invaluable that is. I would be surprised if anybody on here didn't think they were very shrewd. 

Also looks like they've released the funds for some of these players before we've brought money in. The fact that it seemed like they weren't going to do that was what angered a lot of fans I think. I'm sure we expect that money to come in pretty certainly now but I'm so happy we didn't fuck around with Thiago any longer.

Thiago and Jota (or some other attacker for 30 odd million) will be paid for by Brewster, Hoever, et al. leaving (I think we will recoup a good amount in sales before the window closes), which will leave us with a fairly low net spend (and IMO lower than the 28m net we've averaged to date). That's totally fine with me, if not ideal. I couldn't give a fuck if we spent 5m net as long as the manager is backed. We've now taken on the risk that we don't recoup that money - that is the kind of risk I feel the owners need help absorb. If we end up spending 50m net and make a small loss (as opposed to a 50m profit) this year - whilst we win the double on the pitch - they will be just fine.

Ultimately I think a lot of us on here have a similar view but get bogged down arguing the toss over small details. Everyone accepts we are not ran by sugar daddys but we do want back the manager with reasonable investment (whilst remaining pruden). Maybe we should stop calling each other cunts (my bad @dockers_strike) and accept that we may have dissimilar views and opinions on the owners - its not the biggest deal in the world. We all just want us to remain successful is all.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

FSG really fucking nailed it with Klopp and Edwards (especially the former but Edwards is obviously incredibly talented). That is what I am most thankful to them for - purposeful and outstanding recruitment at a management level and having the foresight to recognize how invaluable that is. I would be surprised if anybody on here didn't think they were very shrewd. 

Also looks like they've released the funds for some of these players before we've brought money in. The fact that it seemed like they weren't going to do that was what angered a lot of fans I think. I'm sure we expect that money to come in pretty certainly now but I'm so happy we didn't fuck around with Thiago any longer.

Thiago and Jota (or some other attacker for 30 odd million) will be paid for by Brewster, Hoever, et al. leaving (I think we will recoup a good amount in sales before the window closes), which will leave us with a fairly low net spend (and IMO lower than the 28m net we've averaged to date). That's totally fine with me, if not ideal. I couldn't give a fuck if we spent 5m net as long as the manager is backed. We've now taken on the risk that we don't recoup that money - that is the kind of risk I feel the owners need help absorb. If we end up spending 50m net and make a small loss (as opposed to a 50m profit) this year - whilst we win the double on the pitch - they will be just fine.

Ultimately I think a lot of us on here have a similar view but get bogged down arguing the toss over small details. Everyone accepts we are not ran by sugar daddys but we do want back the manager with reasonable investment (whilst remaining pruden). Maybe we should stop calling each other cunts (my bad @dockers_strike) and accept that we may have dissimilar views and opinions on the owners - its not the biggest deal in the world. We all just want us to remain successful is all.

Fair enough mate. You're a fellow red like me and Im never one to refuse friendship.

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Like Id been saying in early August when the shouting started, the window doesnt close until 5th(?) October.

You're correct, but a large part of our fanbase were anxious because we heard similar last summer. We've had four pretty barren windows and every LFC journalist close to the club came out saying we'd have another.

I'm sure you can understand that. 

Would be nice to see a centre half come in and I'd say we've done as well as we can. I think Hoever will be a talent but probably not with us as he looks increasingly likely to leave to absorb the other transfers in. I think Neco Williams has been earmarked but still looks off the pace at first team level and Hoever looks more comfortable than him at present. It still scares me that we only have Adrian and Karius as back up for Alisson while everywhere else we can cope.