You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, more back stroke than Michael Phelps. Yes, amazon pay fuck all UK tax because they divert sales through other countries such as Ireland and Luxumberg and take advantage of tax laws in other countries. It's called income shifting. It's out in the open you clown.

People like you claim Liverpool have a massive black hole in their accounts. Are you now suggesting Liverpool's income far exceeds what is in the accounts like Amazon or just that there's a black hole that the money disappears into so makes it's way to John Henry's yacht fund?

Im saying prove it with actual documented, verified facts and examples instead of just shouting your usual repetitive bollocks and inuendos and people might start listening to you, not that many do anyway from what Ive read.

What Im saying is, the accounts are audited and accepted by all the relevant authorities. Im talking the detailed accounts that go down to a far lower level than the abbreviated published ones. get hold of a detailed copy of accounts from Companies House, disect them and let us know.

Alternatively and, if you dont want to do that, then get onto HMRC, or UEFA or Companies House etc, tell them you've worked on valuations and strategic partnerships for multi billion pound companies but you think Liverpool FC's owners are hoodwinking them all, understating the club's income, diverting untold sums of money out of the UK and under paying company tax. If you can back it all up with emails, Im sure at least UEFA would like to talk with you.

Okay mate. Have a good one.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

In Dockers world everyone is honest, virtuous and truthful. Unfortunately thats not this planet.

We have Dockers Strike defending the hedge fund and the investment banker slamming the greed of corporate America. Then we have you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Im not making any of these claims though, am I? Im saying that its a falsehood to state that the accounts prove, in black and white, the profitability and economic health of the club. And that's its a truism that every institution worth its salt (especially privately held institutions) will downplay both of those things drastically (within the guardrails of ethical fiscal practice) and as a result, the accounts are as close to being useless to the outside reader as humanly possible.

Nobody has 'detailed accounts' and I don't need that to know what I know about finance. It has nothing to do with Liverpool and everything to do with me just frankly knowing more than you, so show some humility you dumb fuck.

I won't bother replying to you again because you're either willfully ignorant or naive to the realities of capitalism. Amazon pay fuck all tax to HMRC in the UK, is this because they make no profit? Go and educate before you give it the big bollocks in here you thick cunt.

Some cracking posts and absolutely on the money as per. As I mentioned a while back, if all you needed to assess the value of a company was a quick dash through the audited accounts, when buying a company why would anyone possibly go through a period of due diligence to check the accounts AND employ chaps like yourself who do this every day to navigate the minefield that is creative accounting? It's frankly impossible to believe anyone thinks there's any value at all in company accounts (and in this instance accounts who's period actually finished before we'd won anything, but that's a different discussion!). And if you did think there was value in the accounts and came across an M&A guy who said don't believe everything you read in the accounts, you would rather hope they'd go "fair enough" as opposed to "what would the Women's Institute say?!"

What is rather amusing though, is I negged a few of dockers posts when reading through this thread. While I'm typing away on my phone I can see him frantically running around the forum revenge negging me! I fucking love how he gets rattled. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Some cracking posts and absolutely on the money as per. As I mentioned a while back, if all you needed to assess the value of a company was a quick dash through the audited accounts, when buying a company why would anyone possibly go through a period of due diligence to check the accounts AND employ chaps like yourself who do this every day to navigate the minefield that is creative accounting? It's frankly impossible to believe anyone thinks there's any value at all in company accounts (and in this instance accounts who's period actually finished before we'd won anything, but that's a different discussion!). And if you did think there was value in the accounts and came across an M&A guy who said don't believe everything you read in the accounts, you would rather hope they'd go "fair enough" as opposed to "what would the Women's Institute say?!"

What is rather amusing though, is I negged a few of dockers posts when reading through this thread. While I'm typing away on my phone I can see him frantically running around the forum revenge negging me! I fucking love how he gets rattled. 

Absolutely spot on mate, you've articulated it perfectly in the bolded. Even if somebody isn't aware of some of this already (despite it being fucking obvious), it really is unfathomable that somebody can't accept what I'm saying after I've explained the logic pretty clearly. I actually showed one of Dockers' posts to a colleague (a yank who is a Chelsea fan) and his response was "I'd love to invite this guy to one of my poker nights once this pandemic is over". Haha, his consistency with the negs is admirable, I get them on the regular from pissy pants. I'm surprised he doesnt rep me for calling him a cunt given he's such a cuckold.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'm getting confused. So which of these are we saying are true;

1: LFC are short of transfer funds because the accountants are being creative with the wage bill?

2: LFC are short of transfer funds because the accountants are being creative with the expenditure side of our accounts?

3: LFC are short of transfer funds because the accountants are hiding income and leaving it out of the income side of our accounts?

4: All of the above?

Given that none of these can be proven on a football forum, won't folks be chasing their tails on this one?

32 minutes ago, M_B said:

1: LFC are short of transfer funds because the accountants are being creative with the wage bill?

2: LFC are short of transfer funds because the accountants are being creative with the expenditure side of our accounts?

3: LFC are short of transfer funds because the accountants are hiding income and leaving it out of the income side of our accounts?

Given that none of these can be proven on a football forum, won't folks be chasing their tails on this one?

They will. But when has that ever stopped them?

I am no fan of the owners, but all I have wanted is them to back the manager. If they buy Thiago and then sell some squad players to cover the deal, then that is fine by me. They are over cautious and sometimes it is best to spend before the money comes in.

I believe we missed out on Timo Werner due to the owners being overly cautious, maybe they have learnt from that.

EDIT: If we sell Gini to cover the deal, I will not be surprised but I can completely understand the logic of trading one 29 year old for another for approx the same price. IMO that will not be a stick to beat the owners with. 

6 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am no fan of the owners, but all I have wanted is them to back the manager. If they buy Thiago and then sell some squad players to cover the deal, then that is fine by me. They are over cautious and sometimes it is best to spend before the money comes in.

I believe we missed out on Timo Werner due to the owners being overly cautious, maybe they have learnt from that ?

Spending all summer trying to sell someone before making our move for him is them learning from that? 

Such a pathetically low bar. 

Our pulling power as a club has never been higher.   This chap is leaving the European champions to come here.   Shame we're stuck with owners who won't give the manager a penny more than he brings in through sales and who'll let his main targets join our rivals. 

Newcastle fans hate Mike Ashley for less. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

It means our owners are tight arsed cunts and only an idiot would use the accounts to defend them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

It means our owners are tight arsed cunts and only an idiot would use the accounts to defend them. 

Must be gutted that they've achieved things you said they couldn't, won things you said they wouldn't, built things you said they wouldn't. After reading years of that, you've got some trousers on you to think your view should be taken seriously. Fucking hell, all because they didn't take you seriously via email. Fucking hell, move on.

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Spending all summer trying to sell someone before making our move for him is them learning from that? 

Such a pathetically low bar. 

Our pulling power as a club has never been higher.   This chap is leaving the European champions to come here.   Shame we're stuck with owners who won't give the manager a penny more than he brings in through sales and who'll let his main targets join our rivals. 

Newcastle fans hate Mike Ashley for less. 

I don't disagree. Like when we bought VVD, I assumed we had sold Coutinho and within a few days it was announced that we had, so I wouldn't be surprised if we announced a sale within the next few days. 

I am just trying to see this deal for what it is, which is good for the on field side of the club. 

The owners don't spend money, whichever side of the argument you are on, I hope we can all agree on that. Maybe, just maybe they have realised it is better for the product to spend when they can, knowing the can recoup they outlay rather than only spend once they have funds in. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but I agree it is a low bar.