You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Never trusted them, NV. Just because I don’t vocalise it all of the time doesn’t mean it always hasn’t been there. It just annoyed me seeing him revel in the team’s achievements but not backing a great manager even for a modest amount. I decided to have a little vent.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Never trusted them, NV. Just because I don’t vocalise it all of the time doesn’t mean it always hasn’t been there. It just annoyed me seeing him revel in the team’s achievements but not backing a great manager even for a modest amount. I decided to have a little vent.

Always good to have a vent, now you gust need to go on a random negathon to really cleanse the pallet.

giphy-2.gif

On 13/09/2020 at 13:37, Nummer Neunzehn said:

See. This is exactly what I said. You might not give a fuck about swapping one person's wages for six or seven professional contracts, but they run into 100s of millions. You ignore it because it's inconvenient to your hatred. It's incredibly tedious and inaccurate. I'll just put you on ignore and move on; you say nothing new, so there's no point in dragging my balls across your particular brand of broken glass. 

We didn't just sell one player, Coutinho, only though did we? There was whole raft of players we sold to Bournemouth for silly money. I'm sure there's quite a few others...Benteke and Sakho to Palace that's £60m there also. I'm sure there's more. 

1 hour ago, ManéMan said:

We didn't just sell one player, Coutinho, only though did we? There was whole raft of players we sold to Bournemouth for silly money. I'm sure there's quite a few others...Benteke and Sakho to Palace that's £60m there also. I'm sure there's more. 

Yes, whilst agree that this was brilliant from the club, it isn’t that relevant because the point I was replying to wrongly said it was Coutinho money. It wasn’t.  

24 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yes, whilst agree that this was brilliant from the club, it isn’t that relevant because the point I was replying to wrongly said it was Coutinho money. It wasn’t.  

FFS the point still stands.

If we hadn't sold Coutinho we would not have spent big on those players we brought in. There's literally article after fucking article after fucking article about it on the web from nearly every media outlet, i posted a load yesterday which you just completely ignored.

Are you seriously suggesting that after selling off a couple of b list players to Bournemouth that Henry and co would green light a flurry of big name spending? If so you havent been paying attention to our owners!

12 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

FFS the point still stands.

If we hadn't sold Coutinho we would not have spent big on those players we brought in. There's literally article after fucking article after fucking article about it on the web from nearly every media outlet, i posted a load yesterday which you just completely ignored.

Are you seriously suggesting that after selling off a couple of b list players to Bournemouth that Henry and co would green light a flurry of big name spending? If so you havent been paying attention to our owners!

Klopp's actually said it himself. And it's been posted in here loads of times. They're like fucking climate change deniers, you're wasting your time. 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Yeah, fair enough mate. The backing recently may or may not have a valid reason. I suspect it is way over cautious. There’s a difference between not going full on Chelsea, and spending fuck all window after window. Like... I am shaking my head this summer. 

1 hour ago, INTORRESTING said:

It clearly isn't acceptable to spend what they have in the last 4 windows.

However they have plenty of goodwill with me, juat cut the patronising bullshit articles.

Klopps the only reason that they even have that goodwill.   Even the fsg apologists who liked to pretend they'd cditised them if they didn't back the manager have now sticked their fingers in their ears over Werner. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why are the finance articles bullshit?

the articles are absolutely correct - we spend what we make - we don't spend using loans/owners money. its simple, whether that's right or wrong is another question but the financial analysis is absolutely correct. 

• Upvote 1

These twats need to spend some money. We got on top by spending to get Klopp and crew now we need to invest to keep raising the bar. Using Covid as an excuse is a cunt's trick. Tesla and AAPL and AMZN and the whole stock market has been on melt up all summer. They have probably made more money this summer than they will when they sell. Time to buy because a couple of injuries and we don't look so awesome. Rant over, prove me wrong.  

8 hours ago, Salou said:

the articles are absolutely correct - we spend what we make - we don't spend using loans/owners money. its simple, whether that's right or wrong is another question but the financial analysis is absolutely correct. 

The articles are all irrelevant. They're based off accounts before we won the CL. They mean next to nothing and show healthy profits. Also accounts don't paint a real picture, they paint picture the board want you to see. I'm amazed how many people think a set of accounts is like a bank statement. Even if these tweets are right, the question you should all be asking is what level of mismanagement of the club is going on if after winning everything in a 13 month period (which is all post these accounts) we're skint? It's incomprehensible. If we can't afford to support the manager after winning the fucking lot, we're doing stuff badly wrong. Fsg can't have it both ways, either their fucking great at this financial management stuff - like just about every news article they pushed through the echo for 12 months, or they're pretty shit at is as we're fucking skint. 

• Upvote 5

Or a global pandemic shut down the world for 6 months leaving the game in a wave of uncertainty? Nobody has money and those who are spending are taking a massive gamble by taking out loans against future earnings when nobody has any certainty about when fans are back into grounds and when this shit ends.

I have no particular love for them but the constant 'they're fucking shit' for the past decade is tiring to read as the goalposts are moved from 'they won't extend the ground, they won't get a world class manager in, they won't pay top wages' to whatever suits the agenda at the time. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Salou said:

Facts and figures don't matter to those on here who have been beating the drum for years and years, saying we'd never win a thing under these owners. They then went quiet, as they would if we got Thiago and won the league again... until next time. They're biased and have no objective view. They bang on about yachts as if they're filtering money from the club into their boating habit without ever accepting they have billions of their own money. 

As for spending what we make... I'd be very surprised if that's true this season. If the manager can't bring in the players he feels he needs, then they definitely deserve criticism for that. I suspect it goes a bit deeper than that, though. The premise that they're here to stitch the club up with money is ridiculous though. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Facts and figures don't matter to those on here who have been beating the drum for years and years, saying we'd never win a thing under these owners. They then went quiet, as they would if we got Thiago and won the league again... until next time. They're biased and have no objective view. They bang on about yachts as if they're filtering money from the club into their boating habit without ever accepting they have billions of their own money. 

As for spending what we make... I'd be very surprised if that's true this season. If the manager can't bring in the players he feels he needs, then they definitely deserve criticism for that. I suspect it goes a bit deeper than that, though. The premise that they're here to stitch the club up with money is ridiculous though. 

It probably would have been the right time to sell about now if not for the pandemic. I'm not sure why we aren't spending at least a little while being the most successful we've been in over 30 years though. That does deserve some criticism,especially given we have realise we have surplus squad players who we could use to raise a bit of the cash.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It probably would have been the right time to sell about now if not for the pandemic. I'm not sure why we aren't spending at least a little while being the most successful we've been in over 30 years though. That does deserve some criticism,especially given we have realise we have surplus squad players who we could use to raise a bit of the cash.

Yeah, the lack of funds whilst others are spending like drunken sailors is either foolish or absolute genius that will see us safe and others fucked. I suspect it's caution but the truth is, I have no idea. If they can't or won't put money into the club having made money these last two or three seasons, then it's time to sell up to somebody who can. My main worry is... who the fuck do we get in that lottery? I know fans - the negative ones - seem to judge solely on players purchased, but it's much, much more than that. I really don't want to go back to the likes of Hicks and Gilette. If we are sold, the only way we are going to get Chelsea/PSG/City type of investment is with their type of oligarch owners. 

12 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, the lack of funds whilst others are spending like drunken sailors is either foolish or absolute genius that will see us safe and others fucked. I suspect it's caution but the truth is, I have no idea. If they can't or won't put money into the club having made money these last two or three seasons, then it's time to sell up to somebody who can. My main worry is... who the fuck do we get in that lottery? I know fans - the negative ones - seem to judge solely on players purchased, but it's much, much more than that. I really don't want to go back to the likes of Hicks and Gilette. If we are sold, the only way we are going to get Chelsea/PSG/City type of investment is with their type of oligarch owners. 

I too,don't want oligarch or tainted Arab dynasty cash either but I just don't see any other type of owners who could take over a business the size of LFC. We will probably have to just keep praying that Klopp never leaves.

53 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Or a global pandemic shut down the world for 6 months leaving the game in a wave of uncertainty? Nobody has money and those who are spending are taking a massive gamble by taking out loans against future earnings when nobody has any certainty about when fans are back into grounds and when this shit ends.

I have no particular love for them but the constant 'they're fucking shit' for the past decade is tiring to read as the goalposts are moved from 'they won't extend the ground, they won't get a world class manager in, they won't pay top wages' to whatever suits the agenda at the time. 

What fucking agenda????

Please tell me what the agenda is that people have? What, we gonna unseat the owners? Are we gonna cause an uprising of the people and march on Anfield? Are we going to smear them in the press?

Some of you talk some of the most senseless shit I've ever come across. You just throw out line after line of complete twaddle.

Im sorry Robbie am i ruining your 'joy' at the Clubs achievements? Get a grip.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I too,don't want oligarch or tainted Arab dynasty cash either but I just don't see any other type of owners who could take over a business the size of LFC. We will probably have to just keep praying that Klopp never leaves.

I just want to win. The rest is bollocks to me, to be honest. The thing is, we can't pretend that it's FM2012 and it's as easy as selling a player for 100m and spending 100m on another player.