You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Considering it includes this summer, where those clubs have spent really big to try to catch us, I'd say it swings both ways. First, you've got to say that we spent big previously on Van Dijk, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, et al - anybody denying that's a big outlay, or wanting more just because we sold someone, is missing the point of building a winning team (hint: we did that), and we need to take into account the upgraded contracts to keep the team together (that's what top teams do, BTW) - but it needs to be coupled with the fact that we've gone quite some time without adding to the squad in a significant way. We can see our rivals are spending a load of money to catch up. We shouldn't just let them if the manager wants players we should be able to find the money. We've got a fuck load in these last two seasons, surely there's some pot somewhere that we can piss in?

Wouldnt disagree with much of that. I still dont get why people say it is scandalous though. If we'd bought Werner, our spend would be £78m. Even if we'd have signed havertz it would be £150m or there abouts seeing as chelsea are saying he cost 70m including add ons. And we'd still be behind arsenal.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

As usual you miss my point. Imagine what Jurgen could do with third more of some of those outlays? He could set us going forward for years.

What we have to watch is that this just isn't  a flash in the pan or a one hit deal. And who are we going to get in to compete with Jurgen's achievements on a budget of 23 million over 4 windows??

Havent missed your point at all, I just dont agree with your premise.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Wouldnt disagree with much of that. I still dont get why people say it is scandalous though. If we'd bought Werner, our spend would be £78m. Even if we'd have signed havertz it would be £150m or there abouts seeing as chelsea are saying he cost 70m including add ons. And we'd still be behind arsenal.

True, but had we bought those two - as we should have - people wouldn’t be complaining. 

7 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Stop pretending the squad he built to win was done on 23m. It was done before then, and ignoring world record signings outlines your lack of objectivity and evident bias. 

No its not. He built that side on a few cast offs and a one off record deal for Coutinho which allowed him to pick up those three players in Fab, VDV and Alisson.

Thats just not sustainable is it? So i guess we are expecting to cash in on one or maybe two of our big three up front, hoping for a monumental fee so we can build again next year?

If thats so, who do you buy to replace Mane and Salah? Sancho? Mbappe? They will cost equally as much to buy for what Mane and Salah would be to sell. Then who do we sell after that? If you need to sell assets in order to rebuild we will just become Ath Madrid in the long run.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

No its not. He built that side on a few cast offs and a one off record deal for Coutinho which allowed him to pick up those three players in Fab, VDV and Alisson.

Thats just not sustainable is it? So i guess we are expecting to cash in on one or maybe two of our big three up front, hoping for a monumental fee so we can build again next year?

If thats so, who do you buy to replace Mane and Salah? Sancho? Mbappe? They will cost equally as much to buy for what Mane and Sale would be to sell. Then who do we sell after that? If you need to sell assets in order to rebuild we will just become At Madrid in the long run.

What an absolute load of bollocks. If I had any illusion that you’d listen to reason and weren’t utterly entrenched, I’d bother pulling apart the utter falsehoods you’ve just dribbled our, but there’s nothing that’s change your mind. Enjoy posting the same thing a few hundred more times.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

What an absolute load of bollocks. If I had any illusion that you’d listen to reason and weren’t utterly entrenched, I’d bother pulling apart the utter falsehoods you’ve just dribbled our, but there’s nothing that’s change your mind. Enjoy posting the same thing a few hundred more times.

Ok tell me whats a load of bollocks? How did we purchase VDV, Fabinho and Alisson?

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/selling-coutinho-liverpool-best-ever-business-souness-van/1wkckbc2om9e916vaudy9nrc1y

https://www.givemesport.com/1501008-remember-liverpool-sold-philippe-coutinho-so-they-could-buy-virgil-van-dijk-alisson

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/how-jurgen-klopp-transformed-liverpool-after-the-sale-of-philippe-coutinho-2-years-ago

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/993680/Liverpool-transfer-news-Jurgen-Klopp-Barcelona-Philippe-Coutinho-four-signings

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-bayern-munich-barcelona-philippe-coutinho-transfer-news-van-dijk-a9070776.html

Fucking hell i can post more links if you like!

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

They'd moan about something else, like the Annie Road extension being on hold.

Fucking right we should be complaining about the Anny road, they've been here 10 years, it should be finished by now, not a pretty picture on some architect's note pad. They made 1 promise when they bought us and it was to resolve the stadium position. Since then we've had Werner tell us we can compete with anyone financially, when we clearly can't. He also told us there'd be a virtuous circle when we won we'd be able to invest in the team. We can't. It astonishes me how many people are willing to apologise for them, they don't even apologise for themselves because they're not arsed. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Ok tell me whats a load of bollocks? How did we purchase VDV, Fabinho and Alisson?

How much did we get for Coutinho and how much was he on yearly? How much did Van Dijk, Fabinho, Alisson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Shaqiri, and Salah cost, including signing fees and yearly wages. The idea that you football manager the single outgoing and magic it into five or six players is utterly ridiculous. It’s pathetic. The rebuilding job was an exceptional one, both from the club and from the manager. It isn’t scraps plus Coutinho. That’s crazy talk. 

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

How much did we get for Coutinho and how much was he on yearly? How much did Van Dijk, Fabinho, Alisson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Shaqiri, and Salah cost, including signing fees and yearly wages. The idea that you football manager the single outgoing and magic it into five or six players is utterly ridiculous. It’s pathetic. The rebuilding job was an exceptional one, both from the club and from the manager. It isn’t scraps plus Coutinho. That’s crazy talk. 

It took us just over four years to build this team. Jurgen is only with us for another four. Look at the age of our squad. Next year we are going to have to start looking at replacing a bunch of players rather than one or two. We've just missed out on the sort of buys we should be investing in to keep us strong over the longer term.

I don't give a fuck about costs in wages, every club faces that and fortunately we are in a better position than most. We have a global fanbase and many record revenues earned. We rake in a pretty penny all in all. We ant Crystal fucking Palace.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

It took us just over four years to build this team. Jurgen is only with us for another four. Look at the age of our squad. Next year we are going to have to start looking at replacing a bunch of players rather than one or two. We've just missed out on the sort of buys we should be investing in to keep us strong over the longer term.

I don't give a fuck about costs in wages, every club faces that and fortunately we are in a better position than most. We have a global fanbase and many record revenues earned. We rake in a pretty penny all in all. We ant Crystal fucking Palace.

What are you talking about? None of our core top players are over 30, bar Henderson but he's obviously not someone we would sell anyway. We could easily sell just 1 or 2 and rebuild smoothly on the fly. 

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

See. This is exactly what I said. You might not give a fuck about swapping one person's wages for six or seven professional contracts, but they run into 100s of millions. You ignore it because it's inconvenient to your hatred. It's incredibly tedious and inaccurate. I'll just put you on ignore and move on; you say nothing new, so there's no point in dragging my balls across your particular brand of broken glass. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

See. This is exactly what I said. You might not give a fuck about swapping one person's wages for six or seven professional contracts, but they run into 100s of millions. You ignore it because it's inconvenient to your hatred. It's incredibly tedious and inaccurate. I'll just put you on ignore and move on; you say nothing new, so there's no point in dragging my balls across your particular brand of broken glass. 

Fine by me pal. I get it, you are more interested in the Clubs accounts than what happens on the pitch, thats fine whatever floats your particular boat.

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I didn't say we would sell them all at once. But they will need replacing.

Yeah, no shit, teams have to rebuild at some point. What's the deal? Did you want us to sell some of them last summer or the one before that so we wouldn't have to do it later? I don't get what your problem is. 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

How old are Lewandowski, Mueller, Boateng and even Thiago. 30+ except the 29 year old most wanted Alcantara.

Mate they are plying their trade in the Bundesliga. The competition in that league is equivalent to Scotland. If we only had to worry about one team every season I'd be much more relaxed.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, no shit, teams have to rebuild at some point. What's the deal? Did you want us to sell them last summer or the one before that so we wouldn't have to do it later? I don't get what your problem is. 

erm no? You start integrating their replacements now. One this season, maybe two next season to lighten the load. Currently we are going to have to do maybe one or two big shops which doesn't feel feasible with these owners.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Mate they are plying their trade in the Bundesliga. The competition in that league is equivalent to Scotland. If we only had to worry about one team every season I'd be much more relaxed.

The Bundesliga is not as strong as here but Scotland? Not one player is even close to WC in Scotland although I get the point. We need players, Klopp should get some money, I get it Beef.

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The Bundesliga is not as strong as here but Scotland? Not one player is even close to WC in Scotland although I get the point. We need players, Klopp should get some money, I get it Beef.

Verb you know what i mean! Scotland only has two teams competing and the Bundesliga only has two teams that go for the main trophies. i wasn't comparing the quality of the players per se.