Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 236 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

47 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Throws grenade and runs away...

So the club makes a really shithouse decision (which at least under pressure they reversed) to use furlough then use that shithouse decision to justify not strengthening the squad....

• Upvote 2

FSG have:

• Tried to furlough non-playing staff (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to raise ticket prices to an exorbitant amount (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to trademark the word "Liverpool" without offering any protection for local / cottage-industry traders (before backing down due to fan protest)

But nah...they would never take a penny from the club or use creative accounting techniques and PR strategies to convince Liverpool fans that we don't have any money. 

Billionaires become billionaires by being benevolent do gooders, donchaknow?

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

If they were so concerned about looking like arseholes, then they need to explain how this ever came to be

Liverpool Mascot Tears Hamstring - Soccer on Sunday

We rightly accuse blue noses of hating us more than they love Everton, do some of you hate FSG more than you love Liverpool? Because a few weren’t moaning in March only now the season is finished.

I want us to sign players, I believe they are being too conservative and should loosen the purse strings despite the climate, no one is talking £100m here.

However I think some would whinge if we signed fucking Mbappe but sold Shaqiri.

Contrary bastards and fucking moaners that is.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

FSG have:

• Tried to furlough non-playing staff (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to raise ticket prices to an exorbitant amount (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to trademark the word "Liverpool" without offering any protection for local / cottage-industry traders (before backing down due to fan protest)

But nah...they would never take a penny from the club or use creative accounting techniques and PR strategies to convince Liverpool fans that we don't have any money. 

Billionaires become billionaires by being benevolent do gooders, donchaknow?

They also bragged about turning fans into customers.

4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Haha fucking ha.   

If there's any truth in this, and I did say if, they are petty (as well as cheap) bastards.  It wouldn't be the first time they've wanted to teach the supporters a lesson about who's really in control.

• Upvote 5

I think I do hate FSG more than I love LFC. Theyve ruined what should be the best ever period in my life supporting this club. 

No chance to enjoy our success, just constantly worried it will be short lived and get overtaken by rivals. 

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, Moo said:

Haha fucking ha.   

If there's any truth in this, and I did say if, they are petty (as well as cheap) bastards.  It wouldn't be the first time they've wanted to teach the supporters a lesson about who's really in control.

Yep, the tickets for 77 quid. 

They need to invest in the team or fuck off. 

I don’t want to be celebrating this league win in 5 years time. I want us to win more. It won’t happen without investing 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, an tha said:

So the club makes a really shithouse decision (which at least under pressure they reversed) to use furlough then use that shithouse decision to justify not strengthening the squad....

This was always going to happen, the club should never have opted out of that scheme.

10 minutes ago, Code said:

This was always going to happen, the club should never have opted out of that scheme.

They should never have even considered it in the first place.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

One of the most shameful, disastrous periods in the club's history.

Just wish Klopp would resign and hold a subsequent press conference where he takes all the credit for our success. Nothing would make me happier.

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

What does that even mean? “We’ll buy all these players if and when the UK come out of recession, promise!”

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

What does that even mean? “We’ll buy all these players if and when the UK come out of recession, promise!”

Just as long as it's all sorted within 3 weeks. In the meantime, FSG will be in the Winchester...

Let's go to the Winchester and wait for this to all blow over - GIF on Imgur

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, angie said:

I saw someone say we’re going to post record losses of £100 million next year. Wonder if that’s true.

Our next accounts are unlikely to show that as they include winning the CL on the opening day of the accounting period. The PL didn't put any impact on this season's pay out, that will follow later. So we'll be around 4 matches down and perhaps the end of season league pay out, which I assume will be balanced by the previous years CL. I think our covid hit will likely be spread over 3 accounting periods rather than 1 really bad season. 

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

I think I do hate FSG more than I love LFC. Theyve ruined what should be the best ever period in my life supporting this club. 

No chance to enjoy our success, just constantly worried it will be short lived and get overtaken by rivals. 

I'm getting the vibe you're a half glass empty type of person.

3 hours ago, Code said:

The should never have opted into it.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

The should never have opted into it.

To be honest I've never really understood why people think they shouldn't use the furlough scheme. It's a short term help when cashflow is bad, it's effectively a positive tax, like a personal tax free allowance is. The club pay tax, the employees pay massive amounts of tax - in fact if you include employees tax it's probably one of the highest tax paying industries in the country.  I really don't get why we think football should use some type of honour system when we're pissing billions up the wall to every other industry and to Tory party mates. It's not like the club planned to only pay the 80% government, everyone would have stayed on 100% wages. Anything that helps secure jobs is good. Arsenal have already made layoffs and might not have had they used the furlough scheme. I get it created bad PR, but we should have just stayed to the back of the queue in telling the world what we were doing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be honest I've never really understood why people think they shouldn't use the furlough scheme. It's a short term help when cashflow is bad, it's effectively a positive tax, like a personal tax free allowance is. The club pay tax, the employees pay massive amounts of tax - in fact if you include employees tax it's probably one of the highest tax paying industries in the country.  I really don't get why we think football should use some type of honour system when we're pissing billions up the wall to every other industry and to Tory party mates. It's not like the club planned to only pay the 80% government, everyone would have stayed on 100% wages. Anything that helps secure jobs is good. Arsenal have already made layoffs and might not have had they used the furlough scheme. I get it created bad PR, but we should have just stayed to the back of the queue in telling the world what we were doing. 

My kids are starting back football, swimming and gymnastics over the next couple of weeks. We had paid in advance for all 3 and didn't get half way through any of them before lock down. Fortunately we can afford to pay again for the next period, there will be discounts and rebates involved in all 3 but that is only possible because everyone worked together. If every parent demanded repayment (which they would be entitled too) we would have no swimming pool to get lessons in, the gymnastics club would fold instantly and the football would be in serious trouble for the next few years.

There will be people who were affected badly that did need refunds, those refunds were only available because those that didn't "need" them didn't request them. 

Liverpool Football Club have made extraordinary profits over the last 3 years, they didn't need to do it and if they did they wouldn't have backed down so quickly. The very definition of a tory is claiming this when you don't need to. It was disgusting then and it's still disgusting now.