You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

You have to accept they either they are fleecing the club for millions of pounds every year or they are sinply not capable of managing the finances. 

We are the 8th richest club in the world, enjoying one of our most successful periods ever in the history of the game and in the most cash rich possible era. 

We have made 200 million in profit over 3 years (that is on top of the ludicrous wage bill amounts declared). 

Where is the fucking money you cowboys. 

I don't like to call them as I think they've been good for the club for the most part & I do understand revenues are down at the moment but Liverpool always used to strengthen when at the top. We should at least be signing a few players to keep us at the top. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't like to call them as I think they've been good for the club for the most part & I do understand revenues are down at the moment but Liverpool always used to strengthen when at the top. We should at least be signing a few players to keep us at the top. 

A few stupid mistakes aside, they've been excellent. 

Would still like them to bring in a few more players though. 

• Upvote 1

I definitely understand that a cautious approach is needed at the moment with all the unpredictability that COVID brings. However we have to make sure that we aren't so over cautious that we fail to convert some huge opportunities into strengths.

For example the commercial wave that follows our success as champions of everything. Probably the biggest opportunity is that we take full advantage of using Kloppo's limited time here - allowing him to bring in young talent and make them world beaters - something he seems to have done right throughout his career.

Our timing is lousy/plagued with rotten luck.

We became shite just as the money flooded into the game and fell miles behind.

We finally climb back and the arse has fallen out of everything due to a fucking virus.

We are the champions, on TV more than any other club in the land and we seemingly can't cop for the circa 10m a year that our rivals cop for from sleeve sponsorship.

We are at our most attractive for decades when it comes to offering the best players what they want (chances to win the top trophies) and we haven't got a pot to piss in to buy them.

Meanwhile FFP is in ruins and our rivals are bankrolled by owners dirty money and are snaring the best talent from under our noses.

We should be absolutely killing it right now financially - instead a virus has ripped the arse out of everything. Anfield on matchday with club shops in town and at ground full all day of people buying Champions gear and whatever shite they knock out....the tourists taking bagfulls of the shite away...

We never do it the frigging easy way do we.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Our timing is lousy/plagued with rotten luck.

We became shite just as the money flooded into the game and fell miles behind.

We finally climb back and the arse has fallen out of everything due to a fucking virus.

We are the champions, on TV more than any other club in the land and we seemingly can't cop for the circa 10m a year that our rivals cop for from sleeve sponsorship.

We are at our most attractive for decades when it comes to offering the best players what they want (chances to win the top trophies) and we haven't got a pot to piss in to buy them.

Meanwhile FFP is in ruins and our rivals are bankrolled by owners dirty money and are snaring the best talent from under our noses.

We should be absolutely killing it right now financially - instead a virus has ripped the arse out of everything. Anfield on matchday with club shops in town and at ground full all day of people buying Champions gear and whatever shite they knock out....the tourists taking bagfulls of the shite away...

We never do it the frigging easy way do we.

We're not struggling financially though, the money is there, the owners just don't want to spend. Mike fucking Ashley has spent more than us this season AND all of last season, and he's the tightest cunt around. There is no way we have less money than Newcastle yet they are outspending us - as are 18 other clubs in the league. Again, same as last season. Covid is just an excuse for FSG to not to spend.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Baltar said:

We're not struggling financially though, the money is there, the owners just don't want to spend. Mike fucking Ashley has spent more than us this season AND all of last season, and he's the tightest cunt around. There is no way we have less money than Newcastle yet they are outspending us - as are 18 other clubs in the league. Again, same as last season. Covid is just an excuse for FSG to not to spend.

I couldnt give a fuck if ashley outspent us last season or this season. Where did they finish, bottom half of the table? It's ludicrous to drone on repeatedly about clubs like villa, newcastle and the like outspending us.

They buy shit, shit who wouldnt have got in our team 5 years ago never mind now. Newcastle spent £40m on their current number 9, Joelinton at the beginning of last season. He's scored two Premier League goals. That Almiron went almost a full calendar year, nearly a season was it, before scoring his first goal? He cost £21m.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I couldnt give a fuck if ashley outspent us last season or this season. Where did they finish, bottom half of the table? It's ludicrous to drone on repeatedly about clubs like villa, newcastle and the like outspending us.

They buy shit, shit who wouldnt have got in our team 5 years ago never mind now. Newcastle spent £40m on their current number 9, Joelinton at the beginning of last season. He's scored two Premier League goals. That Almiron went almost a full calendar year, nearly a season was it, before scoring his first goal? He cost £21m.

Thats not his point though is it? He's merely stating that Ashley has given Bruce funds. Whether he spends it on shit is another point not directly related to what is expected at this Club.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats not his point though is it? He's merely stating that Ashley has given Bruce funds. Whether he spends it on shit is another point not directly related to what is expected at this Club.

The point is, it doesnt matter. They 'outspent' us to finish wherever that was, it was so far behind I cannot remember! They 'outspent' us and bought shit. They bought a striker for £40m and he scored 2 league goals! They also bought an attacking midfielder who took almost a full calendar year to score for them.

Nah, all that matters is they 'outspent' us. What was it Shankly used to say, 'same team as last year!'?

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The point is, it doesnt matter. They 'outspent' us to finish wherever that was, it was so far behind I cannot remember! They 'outspent' us and bought shit. They bought a striker for £40m and he scored 2 league goals! They also bought an attacking midfielder who took almost a full calendar year to score for them.

Nah, all that matters is they 'outspent' us. What was it Shankly used to say, 'same team as last year!'?

He did also say that directors are only there to sign the cheques. Just for some balance. 

• Upvote 1

I completely understand that the owners want to see fringe players moved on before committing to deals.  I think they are pretty confident in retaining the title this year too.

Selling fringe players, especially in this climate, makes sense.  My issue is what are the plans for the long term and is this model sustainable?

I think it  hints towards either gearing up for a sale of the club once the squad is trimmed or breaking up the front 3 in order to evolve.

It is absolutely not sustainable. 

How can it be sustainable if we can't afford to buy players now after our most successful period in over 30 years. 

What happens if we miss out on champions league? Will we have to sell a first team player just to survive? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It is absolutely not sustainable. 

How can it be sustainable if we can't afford to buy players now after our most successful period in over 30 years. 

What happens if we miss out on champions league? Will we have to sell a first team player just to survive? 

I'll preface this by saying that we should have the gumption to buy one difference maker per year, but it's obvious that were it not for winning stuff, we'd be spending. We're not broke, we're just annoyingly cautious and don't "have" to spend. The accounts bare it out, we just have loads of expenses at the moment because of wages and stuff but the revenue is great too.

• Upvote 1