You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

The smaller time before the season starts doesn’t just affect us, it’ll affect other teams too.

They’ll have less time to integrate new players and get tactics across, and for their players to acclimatise to the country and the Premier League, so basically unless they hit the ground running, we could steal a march on the rest because we have the same players that outperformed them all when it mattered.

That’s not to say we shouldn’t have strengthened, but only Klopp and the owners know the reason we we might not do that. There’s still time mind.

The big factor for me is whether Klopp can get the players mentality back to where it was last season before we actually confirmed the title and which fell away afterwards unsurprisingly.
Despite all the money spent by others, I don’t think they’ll improve by 20 points, which is what they would have to do if we get back to it, starting against Leeds next weekend.

3 minutes ago, Horus said:

After beating Blackpool today, we've got a week of articles telling us FSG have got it right, and Curtis Jones/Minamino will save the club a world record transfer fee. 

We're signing Neymar?

21 minutes ago, Horus said:

After beating Blackpool today, we've got a week of articles telling us FSG have got it right, and Curtis Jones/Minamino will save the club a world record transfer fee. 

If those two players score 10 league goals between them this season, will you admit you were wrong to be so pessimistic?

Because I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that happen. Both of them look primed for a break-out season, Jones in particular.

Honestly, as I just said on another thread, if we had just signed Jones from the Championship for 30m, everybody would be pretty happy right now.

45 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

The smaller time before the season starts doesn’t just affect us, it’ll affect other teams too.

They’ll have less time to integrate new players and get tactics across, and for their players to acclimatise to the country and the Premier League, so basically unless they hit the ground running, we could steal a march on the rest because we have the same players that outperformed them all when it mattered.

That’s not to say we shouldn’t have strengthened, but only Klopp and the owners know the reason we we might not do that. There’s still time mind.

The big factor for me is whether Klopp can get the players mentality back to where it was last season before we actually confirmed the title and which fell away afterwards unsurprisingly.
Despite all the money spent by others, I don’t think they’ll improve by 20 points, which is what they would have to do if we get back to it, starting against Leeds next weekend.

They don't have to improve by 20 points we can drop 10 or more. This huge gap is an anomaly the gap will shrink regardless.

• Upvote 1

Last season up to when it all stopped was incredible, a run never seen before or likely to be.

I very much doubt us or anyone will replicate it - plus it has to settle back to a more normal pts tally, this constant fear of 1 defeat meaning you are possibly fucked is a killer!

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

If those two players score 10 league goals between them this season, will you admit you were wrong to be so pessimistic?

Because I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that happen. Both of them look primed for a break-out season, Jones in particular.

Honestly, as I just said on another thread, if we had just signed Jones from the Championship for 30m, everybody would be pretty happy right now.

I think goals can be slightly misleading, so how about we're still in with a shout of the title with 3 matches to go? If that's the case, I will happily admit my pessimism is misplaced. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

They’re just like new signings

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, coachpotato said:

I just hope we aren’t taking it to the wire, I rather like it boring the tits off the rest when we’re so much better.

5 hours ago, Horus said:

how about we're still in with a shout of the title with 3 matches to go?

I hope we go into the last week with it in our hands and win it at Anfield.

15 hours ago, Horus said:

Well after his performance yesterday at least we won't get the billy the kid is ready to take lovren's place in the squad. I'm expecting Nat philipps to start improving by the second and we get reminded of the fine job he did in the fa cup derby. 

I think mentality will be a much bigger impediment to us winning the title than new signings (though Thiago would be a great addition). 

After ending the famine and the huge emotional lift that came with it, it might be very difficult for us to get to the same level again where we literally refused to allow any team to take points off us. What we’ve seen in the last few seasons in terms of intensity and wavelength has been truly remarkable but I’m not sure how sustainable it is. 

And finances aside, I also think empty/third full stadiums have a bigger negative effect on a real football club like us than a on a constructed entity like Manchester City. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think mentality will be a much bigger impediment to us winning the title than new signings (though Thiago would be a great addition). 

After ending the famine and the huge emotional lift that came with it, it might be very difficult for us to get to the same level again where we literally refused to allow any team to take points off us. What we’ve seen in the last few seasons in terms of intensity and wavelength has been truly remarkable but I’m not sure how sustainable it is. 

And finances aside, I also think empty/third full stadiums have a bigger negative effect on a real football club like us than a on a constructed entity like Manchester City. 

I was saying on the match thread on the MF I wonder if we've a few players who miss the crowd. Firmino, fabinho and Salah have just not been on it at all since lockdown. 

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The comments are actually more interesting than the thread itself.

Do you know what pal, thanks for posting but i couldn't give a fuck. Its all excuses as usual and as usual our fans tow the party line.

So whats the message from this? We have to keep winning the top pots to break even? Is that the message? Do we fall to bits if we don't make the top 4? Not much of a sustainable model is it? I couldn't give a fuck about bonus and incentives, we are one of the best football Clubs in the world that exist to challenge, we arnt fucking Leicester.

This is all about FSG protecting their profit, that is the bottom line. Paying for the stadium out of earnings is them protecting their walk away profit. Not signing adequate cover in crucial positions is about protecting their walk away profit. And the lack of stadium expansion is all about them protecting their walk away profit.

Oh and if anyone thinks some of this isn't to do with their PR with the Red Sox think again

Fuck them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Do you know what pal, thanks for posting but i couldn't give a fuck. Its all excuses as usual and as usual our fans tow the party line.

So whats the message from this? We have to keep winning the top pots to break even? Is that the message? Do we fall to bits if we don't make the top 4? Not much of a sustainable model is it? I couldn't give a fuck about bonus and incentives, we are one of the best football Clubs in the world that exist to challenge, we arnt fucking Leicester.

This is all about FSG protecting their profit, that is the bottom line. Paying for the stadium out of earnings is them protecting their walk away profit. Not signing adequate cover in crucial positions is about protecting their walk away profit. And the lack of stadium expansion is all about them protecting their walk away profit.

Oh and if anyone thinks some of this isn't to do with their PR with the Red Sox think again

Fuck them.

I think you have a point regarding the Red Sox. I believe they may have to spend big on them which could tie the hands of the footballing side re transfers. Any truth in this as I don't know much about rounders?

On 05/09/2020 at 18:46, Bobby Hundreds said:

They don't have to improve by 20 points we can drop 10 or more. This huge gap is an anomaly the gap will shrink regardless.

I will view the new season as an abysmal failure if the gap is not only maintained but increased.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think you have a point regarding the Red Sox. I believe they may have to spend big on them which could tie the hands of the footballing side re transfers. Any truth in this as I don't know much about rounders?

I think the opposite is actually the case (not saying the red Sox couldn't do with improving their team). I think they're supposedly having financial issue and given employees over $50k pay cuts and there's talk there may have to be lay offs. So the talk is it will play very badly if they're seen to spend here, while making pay cuts and potential lay offs there. 

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Any game with teams named after missspelt footwear can get to fuck.  

38 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Until someone proves that money is being syphoned out of Liverpool and diverted to the Red Sox, this is just stuff of conspiracy theorists. 2 Years ago when we were buying van Dijk and Allison the red sox fans were saying money was being diverted from them to Liverpool.

It's like the moon landing deniers saying all the landings were filmed in a studio yet not one of them can produce any evidence to support the claim.

I better go check the bank account and see if John henry's shill money has been deposited.

• Upvote 1