You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, looked in the mirror when you typed that soft lad?

It's interesting to see you voted down a reasonable reply to your post. Whatever chum.

Oh sorry, soft lad's a childish insult, isnt it?

You called me an anti semite out of nowhere, on a football forum. Examine your life, cunt. 

Just now, Horus said:

You called me an anti semite out of nowhere, on a football forum. Examine your life, cunt. 

Wrong again! Do you practice or does it come natural? Let me be very clear, no one called you an anti semite. I said your anti semite mate which he is. So shut up screaming like a hyper kiddie.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

For a club not willing to spend money we have a hell of a squad. This doesn't mean I personally like FSG but their business model is perfect for Klopp. If he leaves it will need a major revision.

We still have people to move on who have no input here at all really. Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri, Ojo, Woodburn, Awoniyi. Possibly Origi. Only Origi has really featured, don’t be greedy, apply Clauses and we could be looking at 50m plus not including Origi. That gets you Thiago, a centre half and another attacker possibly.

VD 30 league titles in FM2016. 

11 minutes ago, No2 said:

Surprised you liked that to be honest, he was very logical and understanding about the current climate while also assuming we're good to go spend money. 

That is actually pretty much my exact assessment. I understand the issues regarding COVID, have skepticism on how certain aspects of the accounts are portrayed (Mo covers this) and believe we should be able to spend some money. Not Sancho money, but some money.

My separate gripe with FSG is how poor our commercial revenue growth has been under their ownership. I hope that gets better and that's the reason we've brought in Matt Scammell. 

What do you think?

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

It would be an absolute disgrace if this happens, though, surely?

(i) we fucking dominated the league winning it with over 19 points of a cushion; (ii) we undoubtedly have the best manager in the entire fucking world. For us to finish 2nd it must have meant that we've made some terrible recruitment choices, because our team and manager are world class but being ran into the ground.

If you look at the club, the team, or anything to do with LFC and your thought is that it is being ‘ran into the ground’ then quite honestly your perspective is so warped to the point where you’re seeing probably the best run club in the league, maybe the world, just coming off the back of a CL and our first League win in 30 years, which has gone from ramshackle to top notch, which is having stadium and training investment, and you’re thinking ‘run into the ground’. That’d be mental. 

As for finishing second being a ‘disgrace’... no, City are the play thing of a country’s with trillions in oil wealth. If we come second to them it’s not a ‘disgrace’. What the fuck is going through your head. I think they should get their chequebook out but fucking hell. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

That is actually pretty much my exact assessment. I understand the issues regarding COVID, have skepticism on how certain aspects of the accounts are portrayed (Mo covers this) and believe we should be able to spend some money. Not Sancho money, but some money.

My separate gripe with FSG is how poor our commercial revenue growth has been under their ownership. I hope that gets better and that's the reason we've brought in Matt Scammell. 

I've got not truck with Matt.

7 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

What do you think?

https://financialfootballnews.com/liverpool-the-kops-commercial-weakness/

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

If you look at the club, the team, or anything to do with LFC and your thought is that it is being ‘ran into the ground’ then quite honestly your perspective is so warped to the point where you’re seeing probably the best run club in the league, maybe the world, just coming off the back of a CL and our first League win in 30 years, which has gone from ramshackle to top notch, which is having stadium and training investment, and you’re thinking ‘run into the ground’. That’d be mental. 

As for finishing second being a ‘disgrace’... no, City are the play thing of a country’s with trillions in oil wealth. If we come second to them it’s not a ‘disgrace’. What the fuck is going through your head. I think they should get their chequebook out but fucking hell. 

I think you are interpreting 'run into the ground' different to how I meant it. I mean in terms of the fact that the same first team has played a shit ton of fixtures with no respite over the last 2-3 years. I'm talking about the amount of games our first team players have played with little to no rest, causing physical and mental exhaustion. I shouldn't have included 'manager', my bad for that.

It would be a disgrace if we dropped off I mean. I just think our team and manager are world class, by far the best in the league and in their prime - if City pipped us to the league with an incredible season themselves then so be it, but if we end up with a negative delta of 20 points because of lack of strength, that is a disgrace. Per the above paragraph, I'm very anxious we're on the verge of a big injury for one of the front three.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Second. I think we're due for a come down a bit like Man City did this season. I think despite us becoming a results machine if you will, the margins on some of these results were thin last season and our style of football is becoming a bit too pragmatic.

Ironic that a post predicting we will come second has been negged by a poster called No2.

6 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I think you are interpreting 'run into the ground' different to how I meant it. I mean in terms of the fact that the same first team has played a shit ton of fixtures with no respite over the last 2-3 years. I'm talking about the amount of games our first team players have played with little to no rest, causing physical and mental exhaustion. I shouldn't have included 'manager', my bad for that.

It would be a disgrace if we dropped off I mean. I just think our team and manager are world class, by far the best in the league and in their prime - if City pipped us to the league with an incredible season themselves then so be it, but if we end up with a negative delta of 20 points because of lack of strength, that is a disgrace. Per the above paragraph, I'm very anxious we're on the verge of a big injury for one of the front three.

We could be playing a dangerous game, investment is needed. 

30 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

What do you think?

I'm in agreement with everything he has said there, were I differ from you is I'm not getting my knickers in a twist 2 months before the window closes. I'm certain we will sign Thiago and fairly confident Gini will stay for at least this season. 

Thiago and the Greek in with Lovren and Lalanna out is improving the squad. It's not perfect, even though I was never convinced by Werner I still thought it was excellent planning and it's real shame it didn't happen. 

Do you think we would have sold anyone to fund Werner or was he to be an addition? If it's the former then is that perfect squad building? 

On 30/08/2020 at 18:02, dockers_strike said:

Selective as ever. I also said they were 1 of 2 clubs in the PL whose owners throw money at it.

I love how you try and take the moral high road with the 'childish insults' when you were the first to chuck them about a while back. How old are you, 25ish because you come across as an immature sort who doesnt like hearing other people's opinions.

Thank fuck you wont 'engage' in future.

But like I and others have said, you and a couple of others will always moan, always move the goalposts and set new criteria to suit your agenda. Thank fuck I can enjoy the boys achievements and not have such a titty lip most of the time. Oh sorry, that was a 'childish insult' wasnt it?

If you could please quote this post where I chucked "childish insults" about a while back, I will happily apologise.

The irony of claiming somebody doesn't like hearing other peoples opinions is quite impressive, seeing as seem to completely ignore what other people write in their posts if not 100% in line with your thinking.

On 15/07/2020 at 09:57, Scooby Dudek said:

Who are the FSG out crowd ? The only people posting FSG out are the people who are defending them saying they don't understand why people are calling for FSG out.

It is possible to not like the owners but know they are better than most out there. To repeat, again and again, it is possible to want a player brought in without saying spend trillions on everyone. 

People can work for a company/boss they don't like but the answer to their complaint should not be, be grateful you haven't got a worse boss or look at other companies and be grateful. 

Covid is a very genuine reason to be cautious and there is no problem. The problem is every transfer window they find a legitimate reason to be cautious, this is just the latest in a long list. It is a pattern and that is why I am sceptical. A one off fine but every window is a deliberate action.

I am not calling for FSG out but I am not on my knees thanking them thinking they can not do things differently or better.

Everything does not have to be an extreme;

Greatest/worse owners ever

Spend trillions/nothing

Never made a mistake/everything wrong

Prior to yesterday I had posted on this thread twice in the previous 6 weeks, some agenda I have, claiming FSG are better owners than most out there. 

9 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If you could please quote this post where I chucked "childish insults" about a while back, I will happily apologise.

The irony of claiming somebody doesn't like hearing other peoples opinions is quite impressive, seeing as seem to completely ignore what other people write in their posts if not 100% in line with your thinking.

Prior to yesterday I had posted on this thread twice in the previous 6 weeks, some agenda I have, claiming FSG are better owners than most out there. 

Oh, I thought you 'were not engaging' any more?

Listen, since when has an internet forum been a place where exact definitions, statements and implications etc must be used. Yourself and a number of other posters here continually spin what's been posted. When there's a reply, it's 'oh you've been backed into a corner' etc.

You see you've done it again in this post, 'The irony of claiming somebody doesnt like hearing other people's opinion......' You've just spun it again. You have your opinion and post them. I, foolishly, reply because all you and a number of others do is twist the reply.

Whatever mate. Put me on ignore. You can even make the setting so you dont see my post when quoted. But if it's all the same with you, I'll continue to take John Henry's shill money and if I see something that takes my interest, I'll reply to it.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Oh, I thought you 'were not engaging' any more?

Listen, since when has an internet forum been a place where exact definitions, statements and implications etc must be used. Yourself and a number of other posters here continually spin what's been posted. When there's a reply, it's 'oh you've been backed into a corner' etc.

You see you've done it again in this post, 'The irony of claiming somebody doesnt like hearing other people's opinion......' You've just spun it again. You have your opinion and post them. I, foolishly, reply because all you and a number of others do is twist the reply.

Whatever mate. Put me on ignore. You can even make the setting so you dont see my post when quoted. But if it's all the same with you, I'll continue to take John Henry's shill money and if I see something that takes my interest, I'll reply to it.

I am not engaging in constructive discussion with you, it is not possible. 

However if you personally accuse me of something, I will defend myself. 

You accused me of taking the moral high ground on insults despite insulting a while back. This is not true, either show the post or admit you are wrong.

Ironically, it would appear you didn't reading the second half of my post, which proves a point of some sort. 

I showed a post where I said FSG are better than most owners out there and we shouldn't go to extremes on everything. What exactly am I twisting and spinning ?

Thank you for very kindly explaining the ignore function to me and how it works. If I see something that I believe is obviously incorrect I will correct it. 

As I said prior to yesterday I had posted twice in six weeks on this tread, I have never insulted or accused you of taking shill money, maybe you have me mistaken for someone else of have just lumped all different opinion posters together.

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

Yes they can. But when you win the league after 30 years after having 2 incredible seasons in the PL and two and a half in the CL, this earns you some leeway with me. And closely watching what they were doing over the past years, I am inclined to think they may be credible sporting owners.

That's up to you. Personally I think that's been achieved despite them and not because of them. It feels their business plan was "this klopp fella seems good, let's see if he can cement us in the top 4 with one hand tied behind his back". Now when he's exceeded the original business plan it sesms to be "I wonder what he can do if we tie both his hands behind his back"

3 hours ago, WhiskeyJar said:

The investment in the training ground and focus on the academy are for the future. Klopp is a genius and the moves he has made can only benefit us in the long run, even if he will not be with us.

Just saying FSG are shit just because we haven't bought well known players does not take into account the improvements they have made. Overall they have been good sports owners and have contributed to our success.

We shouldn't be giving them credit for building a training ground on a par with our competitors. It's like patting fords on the back for buying a new assembly line. It's a cost of doing business. Melwood was out dated and was designed and built in limited space over 20 years ago and the sport has moved on. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I'm in agreement with everything he has said there, were I differ from you is I'm not getting my knickers in a twist 2 months before the window closes. I'm certain we will sign Thiago and fairly confident Gini will stay for at least this season. 

Thiago and the Greek in with Lovren and Lalanna out is improving the squad. It's not perfect, even though I was never convinced by Werner I still thought it was excellent planning and it's real shame it didn't happen. 

Do you think we would have sold anyone to fund Werner or was he to be an addition? If it's the former then is that perfect squad building? 

I'll respond to you normally but i'll preface it with a fuck off for the bolded - if you want to have constructive discussions on here I think you'll find I'm more than reasonable, so leave that shite out please. Per the twitter thread you agree with, we had money last summer we decided not to spend and everyone on here was telling me how many weeks were left in the window - nothing happened. For fans to be anxious FSG are going to do it again is not 'getting your knickers in a twist'.

I agree that Thiago and Tzatziki is strengthening the squad, and also agree that its not perfect. I think it's one player shy of being the minimum acceptable.

Add Werner and it would have made it a very good summer - whilst still not blockbuster, I would consider that to be adequately backing the manager and giving him the tools to succeed. We messed around with Werner for 18months and thought he'd get cheaper before realizing he wouldn't - per that twitter thread, its pretty obvious that we could have still done Werner, but FSG were not comfortable with taking on the financial burden / risk to do so.

Finally, I would have been fine to see Origi sold for Werner, but also don't think it should be necessary. With Lallana, Lovren and Clyne going, we've shaved a good 25m off the wage bill - add on sales of Gruijc and co, we'd have been fine. Problem is, FSG wanted the money in hand first before we spent it, because what's become patently clear is that they are incredibly risk averse and do not want to be in a situation where they are footing the bill. FFP doesn't come into it because man city proved it a sham and guidelines have been relaxed this season.

The bottom line us...our manager desperately wanted a player who literally fitted our recruitment profile and was exactly the kind of back up we needed...he wasn't that expensive...Jurgen had convinced him to come to LFC despite offers around Europoe...and now our manager has to watch him play for a rival club because his bosses did not want to take on a little bit of risk in order to back him. I know you've gone around negging the shit out of my posts, but given that, I would hope you can forgive me if I think they are cunts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I'll respond to you normally but i'll preface it with a fuck off for the bolded - if you want to have constructive discussions on here I think you'll find I'm more than reasonable, so leave that shite out please. Per the twitter thread you agree with, we had money last summer we decided not to spend and everyone on here was telling me how many weeks were left in the window - nothing happened. For fans to be anxious FSG are going to do it again is not 'getting your knickers in a twist'.

I agree that Thiago and Tzatziki is strengthening the squad, and also agree that its not perfect. I think it's one player shy of being the minimum acceptable.

Add Werner and it would have made it a very good summer - whilst still not blockbuster, I would consider that to be adequately backing the manager and giving him the tools to succeed. We messed around with Werner for 18months and thought he'd get cheaper before realizing he wouldn't - per that twitter thread, its pretty obvious that we could have still done Werner, but FSG were not comfortable with taking on the financial burden / risk to do so.

Finally, I would have been fine to see Origi sold for Werner, but also don't think it should be necessary. With Lallana, Lovren and Clyne going, we've shaved a good 25m off the wage bill - add on sales of Gruijc and co, we'd have been fine. Problem is, FSG wanted the money in hand first before we spent it, because what's become patently clear is that they are incredibly risk averse and do not want to be in a situation where they are footing the bill. FFP doesn't come into it because man city proved it a sham and guidelines have been relaxed this season.

The bottom line us...our manager desperately wanted a player who literally fitted our recruitment profile and was exactly the kind of back up we needed...he wasn't that expensive...he had convinced him to come to LFC...and now our manager has to watch him play for a rival club because his bosses did not want to back him. I know you've gone around negging the shit out of my posts, but given that, I would hope you can forgive me if I think they are cunts.

Far too much sense talked there. Absolutely spot on.

That first bit is the bit I'm raging about. You can tell they don't want to be in a situation where their cash is touched. Thats poor ownership imho, and if they believed in the stuff they wax lyrical about there shouldn't be a problem with it happening.

We need Thiago and a forward, minimum this summer.

18 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Far too much sense talked there. Absolutely spot on.

That first bit is the bit I'm raging about. You can tell they don't want to be in a situation where their cash is touched. Thats poor ownership imho, and if they believed in the stuff they wax lyrical about there shouldn't be a problem with it happening.

We need Thiago and a forward, minimum this summer.

Are any owners directly putting their own cash in these days? Even City are not doing it directly. That argument does not make sense to me. That does not make them poor owners in my book. 

Are the owners being shit for not spending money that is there. Absolutely. They need to stop being cunts and help the golden goose that is Klopp. If it means borrowing to fund one good signing that should happen in addition to using some of the cash we have.