Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Recommended Posts

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Last summer we're in the process of spending 50m on the Kirkby upgrade. Since then, all clubs, not just Liverpool, have had to live with the reality of reduced income due to the covid19 situation. The two best clubs in England to ride this out are city and chelsea with their mega rich owners. United possibly as well seeing their owners lumped a £120m loan onto the club.

 

As I said, what if this situation wasnt apparent and we'd  offered Werner a deal then chelsea come in with a 200 grand a week wage? Didnt take werner long to decide he'd take the money and play under fwank rather than sit out his contract for a year. After all, isnt that what people say Owen should have done instead of going to Newcastle?

Thats not whats being banded about today. Nowt about Werner taking a substantial offer of wages. We told him we couldn't buy him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats not whats being banded about today. Nowt about Werner taking a substantial offer of wages. We told him we couldn't buy him.

Jurgen said it was the financial package that was the reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

A third consecutive season of 95+ points is unheard for any club in Premier League history. Even when Ferguson's manc side was at their most dominant they never got anywhere near that.

They never got near it in one season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So with shite squads we have run the league close twice, won the CL and also the League in the third run at it.

Am I doing this right?

 

No idea where you came up with that figure mate, that is why I pointed it out - the club isn't valued at 1.5 bil by anyone other than Forbes - and they think it is worth 2.2 bil

In reality it is maybe just over 1 bil - even then no one would pay that amount.

 

First paragraph, yes. I don't see what any of that has to do with FSG - sorry. Klopp pulled two miracles out the bag (and was 1 point away from three). 

 

Forbes has us valued at $2.13bn which is 1.5bn GBP (I am in the US so don't have a pound sign on my keyboard and I'm too lazy to figure out how to add it!). I agree nobody would buy us for that amount (unless its a passion investment), but they are still benefiting from the increase in value, even in ways away from LFC. I assure you of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

See you are trotting that same spiel over agin. No one is asking for big names but a reinforcement. And its all well and good saying we will nurture through the academy, we have only Trent who is a first team regular who has made the grade in 5 years. Curtis could possibly be number two, its a big season for him.

 

To be honest I was answering your question. As far as your comment for reinforcement, we have signed a left back that our fans have been asking for. Fact is our fans want more and I understand that. New fresh faces to offer more competition. We have signed a good left back and are in the market for additional players.

FSG and Klopp are being calculated, not holding back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Last summer we're in the process of spending 50m on the Kirkby upgrade. Since then, all clubs, not just Liverpool, have had to live with the reality of reduced income due to the covid19 situation. The two best clubs in England to ride this out are city and chelsea with their mega rich owners. United possibly as well seeing their owners lumped a £120m loan onto the club.

 

As I said, what if this situation wasnt apparent and we'd  offered Werner a deal then chelsea come in with a 200 grand a week wage? Didnt take werner long to decide he'd take the money and play under fwank rather than sit out his contract for a year. After all, isnt that what people say Owen should have done instead of going to Newcastle?

 

None of this should be a burden though, because its funded through a loan via the owners, who can easily just forgive loan payments until we are generating income. The same was true last year but we've already started paying back this loan from our profits with immediate affect (purely their choice) - we paid 11m in 2018, probably more last year.

 

The accounts aren't published for this year but you can bet your ass we're still going to make those repayments despite COVID. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

We couldn't afford him. Everything was agreed according to the Athletic today. No doubt tied to the furlough fiasco.

Yes! We said we couldnt afford the financial package. Im not disputing that. There's two premises: The club's actual and forecasted income would be substantially reduced due to tv rebates and no crowds and, if there wasnt the current financial situation, chelsea could still have come in and offered the lad 200 grand a week.

 

What Im saying is the lad didnt muck about signing for fwank when he waved 200 grand a week under his nose rather than sit tight and see what developed next season. He even fucked Liepzig off even though they were still in the CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

It would be an absolute disgrace if this happens, though, surely?

 

(i) we fucking dominated the league winning it with over 19 points of a cushion; (ii) we undoubtedly have the best manager in the entire fucking world. For us to finish 2nd it must have meant that we've made some terrible recruitment choices, because our team and manager are world class but being ran into the ground.

A third 90+ points season would be quasi super human. As someone has said above, no one's ever done it. City improved their squad last season, only losing an old Kompany, buying Rodri and Cancelo, yet dropped by about 20 points. 

 

I don't think it's a lowering of expectations. I think it would be the natural order of us needing to start a bit of a rebuild. I think changing our style a bit and swapping Wijnaldum for Thiago could freshen things up right now, though. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

A third 90+ points season would be quasi super human. As someone has said above, no one's ever done it. City improved their squad last season, only losing an old Kompany, buying Rodri and Cancelo, yet dropped by about 20 points. 

 

I don't think it's a lowering of expectations. I think it would be the natural order of us needing to start a bit of a rebuild. I think changing our style a bit and swapping Thiago for Wijnaldum could freshen things up right now, though. 

 

 

 

Losing Kompany though was crucial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's also just get a couple of other things clear.

 

Coutinho isn't a 135m player under any other manager. Klopp made him that valuable. After doing so, he was able to reinvest the funds on two players for big money who...he coincidentally has also somehow made MORE valuable. 

 

Robertson isn't the LB he is for us under Brendan. Salah never hit the numbers he has hit for us under any other manager. We can go on and on.

 

None of that has absolutely fucking anything to do with FSG's brilliance or Michael Edward's pet fucking dog. It's all Klopp. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Last summer we're in the process of spending 50m on the Kirkby upgrade. Since then, all clubs, not just Liverpool, have had to live with the reality of reduced income due to the covid19 situation. The two best clubs in England to ride this out are city and chelsea with their mega rich owners. United possibly as well seeing their owners lumped a £120m loan onto the club.

 

As I said, what if this situation wasnt apparent and we'd  offered Werner a deal then chelsea come in with a 200 grand a week wage? Didnt take werner long to decide he'd take the money and play under fwank rather than sit out his contract for a year. After all, isnt that what people say Owen should have done instead of going to Newcastle?

So last summer paid for Kirby? I need evidence for this, and I also don't want to see kirby dragged up in another 12 months as a recurring excuse, because I've seen kirby given as a reason we're not spending now. 

 

Chelsea and city are still governed by the same FFP rules that we are, and if anything, after getting away with one, UEFA will be all over them. Owners aren't allowed to throw in transfer funds, but if only we were undertaking a construction project that would allow our owners to do this, whilst at the same time protecting their long term profit margins. Hmmm, if only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Let's also just get a couple of other things clear.

 

Coutinho isn't a 135m player under any other manager. Klopp made him that valuable. After doing so, he was able to reinvest the funds on two players for big money who...he coincidentally has also somehow made MORE valuable. 

 

Robertson isn't the LB he is for us under Brendan. Salah never hit the numbers he has hit for us under any other manager. We can go on and on.

 

None of that has absolutely fucking anything to do with FSG's brilliance or Michael Edward's pet fucking dog. It's all Klopp. 

 

 

 

Agreed but you also need to account the negotiations of selling and buying players that Edwards oversaw. Yes FSG are not saints are are looking at the numbers more than they care for the club but they are not the worst owners in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

 

Losing Kompany though was crucial.

Kompany was shite. They probably should have bought a CB, but he basically had to retire to management in the middle of this season after his hamstrings fell off. It's not like City missed him this season

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Alex_K
7 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

 

Losing Kompany though was crucial.

No it wasn’t. Look at how many games he played the season before. It does not explain the drop off. The ageing of David Silva & Fernandinho w/ defence exposed by midfield pivotal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Let's also just get a couple of other things clear.

 

Coutinho isn't a 135m player under any other manager. Klopp made him that valuable. After doing so, he was able to reinvest the funds on two players for big money who...he coincidentally has also somehow made MORE valuable. 

 

Robertson isn't the LB he is for us under Brendan. Salah never hit the numbers he has hit for us under any other manager. We can go on and on.

 

None of that has absolutely fucking anything to do with FSG's brilliance or Michael Edward's pet fucking dog. It's all Klopp. 

 

 

No matter how often you say this, the correct answer is that Klopp and Edwards have a great relationship. That's why it works. The constant rimming of only Klopp is tedious. He's not gonna fuck you. And before you say it, absolutely no one gives more credit to the owners than they do to Klopp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

None of this should be a burden though, because its funded through a loan via the owners, who can easily just forgive loan payments until we are generating income. The same was true last year but we've already started paying back this loan from our profits with immediate affect (purely their choice) - we paid 11m in 2018, probably more last year.

 

The accounts aren't published for this year but you can bet your ass we're still going to make those repayments despite COVID. 

Im pretty sure Kirkby isnt being paid via a loan. The club said it was paying for it out of income and the sale of Melwood and not taking on a loan for it. The ARE was scheduled to be via a loan.

 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/latest-images-go-behind-the-scenes-at-liverpools-new-kirkby-training-ground/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Horus said:

So last summer paid for Kirby? I need evidence for this, and I also don't want to see kirby dragged up in another 12 months as a recurring excuse, because I've seen kirby given as a reason we're not spending now. 

 

Chelsea and city are still governed by the same FFP rules that we are, and if anything, after getting away with one, UEFA will be all over them. Owners aren't allowed to throw in transfer funds, but if only we were undertaking a construction project that would allow our owners to do this, whilst at the same time protecting their long term profit margins. Hmmm, if only. 

What, you think we paid all the 50m last summer? In the 'process' of spending 50m on a training ground doesnt suggest all the money was paid up front. That's the budget.

 

Oh that's right, you can play fast and loose with definitions, what people say and what they meant etc, dont you?

 

I'll clarify it for you. By 'in the process' of spending 50m I meant LFC have committed a budget of 50m to spend building the new training facility. The payment of the 50m will be stated in a contract which the club and builders will have agreed. A sum of 50m may not have been transacted in a single payment during the summer and instead paid  over a period.

 

That clear enough for you and your anti semite friend?

 

You say city and chelsea are 'getting away with one.' I dont see what that has to do with Liverpool if those clubs want to 'get away with one.'

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

 

Agreed but you also need to account the negotiations of selling and buying players that Edwards oversaw. Yes FSG are not saints are are looking at the numbers more than they care for the club but they are not the worst owners in the world.

 

Completely agree. I don't think Edwards is bad at his job at all, I think he's very effective and incredibly smart. I just think his effectiveness is completely and inextricably linked to the strength of the manager. It's also not Edward's fault that we have fuck all money, so I really don't blame him for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dockers_strike said:

What, you think we paid all the 50m last summer? In the 'process' of spending 50m on a training ground doesnt suggest all the money was paid up front. That's the budget.

 

Oh that's right, you can play fast and loose with definitions, what people say and what they meant etc, dont you?

 

I'll clarify it for you. By 'in the process' of spending 50m I meant LFC have committed a budget of 50m to spend building the new training facility. The payment of the 50m will be stated in a contract which the club and builders will have agreed. A sum of 50m may not have been transacted in a single payment during the summer and instead paid  over a period.

 

That clear enough for you a your anti semite friend?

 

You say city and chelsea are 'getting away with one.' I dont see what that has to do with Liverpool if those clubs want to 'get away with one.'

You are one serious mong. Go fuck yourself you sad little cunt. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Horus said:

You are one serious mong. Go fuck yourself you sad little cunt. 

Haha, looked in the mirror when you typed that soft lad?

 

It's interesting to see you voted down a reasonable reply to your post. Whatever chum.

 

Oh sorry, soft lad's a childish insult, isnt it?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed feelings on FSG at the moment. 

 

By and large they're running the club in a way that I like by growing our brand commercially and, up to Coronavirus, reinvesting player sales and prize money back into the playing squad. Unless you just want a sheikh or an oligarch throwing endless amounts in (and fair enough if you do) then it's hard to argue with their results since Klopp came in. 

 

They do however seem to be overthinking things this go around. We've always been successful when buying from a position of strength and, now we're back where we want to be, we're standing still while our rivals are moving forwards again. This isn't about going for Messi or anything like that, but we don't even seem to be in a position to buy a world class player in Thiago who's available for less than what Leeds fucking United just paid for Rodrigo without shifting Gini Wijnauldum out of the squad. And we're about to enter another season hoping to God that Mane or Salah don't pick up any injuries because all we have is Origi in reserve. 

 

I understand that our finances have taken a big hit from not having fans coming through the gate again, but this doesn't seem to be affecting anybody else in the division. There were signs from January onwards that the squad needs freshening up. I think we're going to regret it if we don't do more this summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No matter how often you say this, the correct answer is that Klopp and Edwards have a great relationship. That's why it works. The constant rimming of only Klopp is tedious. He's not gonna fuck you. And before you say it, absolutely no one gives more credit to the owners than they do to Klopp. 

Where did anything I say have anything to do with the strength of their relationship?

 

I think Edwards is great at his job but his job only has efficacy if the manager he is supporting can make the most of it. I guarantee you his assessment of players has changed greatly since he was suggesting we buy Balotelli and Markovic.

 

And Edward's is not at fault for our lack of money. For my feelings on that you can refer to the thread title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dockers_strike said:

Haha, looked in the mirror when you typed that soft lad?

I have no idea what the fuck you're on about. You're a fucking mental little prick. You backed your argument into a corner so came out with anti semite bullshit, like the fucking cunt you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Horus said:

I have no idea what the fuck you're on about. You're a fucking mental little prick. You backed your argument into a corner so came out with anti semite bullshit, like the fucking cunt you are. 

Hahaha. Epic rant! And you still got it completely wrong! Go read it again. Carefully this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×