Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 218 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

And while I'm ranting, why the fuck are we going into a new season with Adrian? He's fucking hopeless and a huge liability who cost us 2 cup competitions.

First order of business should have been finding another keeper.

This is inevitably true.

6 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Which is why we ideally should sign a players with potential and good enough to challenge Gomez and Matip as second choice pretty soon. If those two keep breaking down on a regular basis, like they have done so far, the new CB shouldn’t be 4th choice but 2nd.

But as we’re not owned by a state built on oil and slave labour we probably have to go for a cheaper solution. A new CB which is better than Lovren, at a decent price and on lower wages, should still be realistic.

I don't see the worth in signing a cheap CB. That's where I disagree. I just think it's a waste of time and money. Fabinho would be at least as good as whoever would accept being 4th choice for us on lower wages.

I'd rather wait to get an actual long term target of ours at the position, whenever that will be, and have Fabinho at CB in the short term.

• Upvote 1

We know from Bobby's leaked contract that the players wages are heavily incentivised. I wouldn't be surprised if the players have doubled their take home pay in the last 3 years. It's the way it should be too, share the rewards with those that earned them.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

And what happens if Van Dijk gets injured long term?

Figuring it out? More like rolling the dice of chance to get fucked.

How on earth do you figure we replace van Dijk if he gets injured? Injuries to players are a fact of football, you can't sign two World class centre backs just in case one of them gets injured. 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Yup it's really silly to compare them to a man with no interest in football, who gets the best manager he can and let's them spend roughly what they earn. 

No different whatsoever from our scumbag owners.  Who after winning the league have our manager wheeling and dealing.   Selling our 4th choice cb to afford a back up lb. 

this is correct. We are in a position where we can attract players, we are winners. 

Here we are, selling to buy again when our rivals are strengthening. We need to capitalise on our position, not sit back and admire it. 

Our owners are a very very wealthy bunch who could afford to invest in the squad. They just don’t want to. 

Their model relies on us being there or there about. They have learnt that actually winning costs money and they don’t like that. Neg away!!!!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ManéMan said:

Lallana was last season's new number 6, so since he's gone now we definitely need a new number 6.

Oxlade Chamberlain seems like he’s the Lallana replacement. Shaqiri can also fill that void.

3 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Oxlade Chamberlain seems like he’s the Lallana replacement. Shaqiri can also fill that void.

Its a shame we don't hire the medical staff who did Shaq's hair transplant as he'd probably stay fit.

10 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

How on earth do you figure we replace van Dijk if he gets injured? Injuries to players are a fact of football, you can't sign two World class centre backs just in case one of them gets injured. 

Who said replace? I said bring in either a young or seasoned defender who would be happy being 4th choice. Don't really care who.

Given how injury prone Matip and Gomez are, there's a good chance they'll be injured at the same time. We've had a few defensive injury pile ups in the past few years.

I was no Lovren fan, but at least he was an option to either give other centre backs a rest or to come in when needed. 

8 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Who said replace? I said bring in either a young or seasoned defender who would be happy being 4th choice. Don't really care who.

Given how injury prone Matip and Gomez are, there's a good chance they'll be injured at thes ame time. We've had a few defensive injury pile ups in the past few years.

I was no Lovren fan, but at least he was an option to either give other centre backs a rest or to come in when needed. 

What's the point of bringing in a 4th choice defender to deputise 1st choice when he's injured? Lovren was OK when he was focused but as he hardly played, when he did he was nowhere near focused enough. That doesn't solve the problem, Fabinho being happy and competent in defence solves the problem much better as he will be involved in the team on a consistent basis. Bringing in an inferior defender just to keep a player in midfield does not solve the problem of when van Dijk is injured. If anything, bringing in a midfielder to compete with and deputise for Fabinho when he is rested or moved into defence makes much more sense.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Same goes for Alisson

Really not that arsed about our defensive options. Happy Lovren will never play for us again. If Hoever and the ginger lad can't be 5th and 6th choice or whatever then what is the point in them being here? Loan them out and keep Phillips if need be. 

Signing Thiago and another forward is far more important, and it really shouldn't be depending on getting Wilson and Shaqiri out first.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Same goes for Alisson

I agree, Alisson is very hard/impossible to replace directly. Alisson is a great goalkeeper but the thing that makes him stand out in this team is his ability on the ball. He's like an 11th outfield player. 

The mistake the Liverpool players make when Adrian is in goal is playing the same way with him in goal. He is nowhere near as comfortable on the ball (and to be frank, no other keeper is other than possibly Ederson). I actually think Adrian is OK as backup but he should NOT be passed to and be passing the ball around around like when Alisson is in goal.

Adrian showed in the early part of the season last year he is a good goalkeeper but he cannot pass the ball, so the outfield players should not expect him to. The moment they pass to him, they are expecting to pass the ball on. Sure, pass it back and expect him to clear the ball but not to pass around, like against Atletico Madrid. 

30 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

"FSG do not take money from the club, but expect it to live within its means".

They'll be happy with the inevitable stratospheric return on their investment when they come to sell though. Nice work if you can get it.

13 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I agree, Alisson is very hard/impossible to replace directly. Alisson is a great goalkeeper but the thing that makes him stand out in this team is his ability on the ball. He's like an 11th outfield player. 

The mistake the Liverpool players make when Adrian is in goal is playing the same way with him in goal. He is nowhere near as comfortable on the ball (and to be frank, no other keeper is other than possibly Ederson). I actually think Adrian is OK as backup but he should NOT be passed to and be passing the ball around around like when Alisson is in goal.

Adrian showed in the early part of the season last year he is a good goalkeeper but he cannot pass the ball, so the outfield players should not expect him to. The moment they pass to him, they are expecting to pass the ball on. Sure, pass it back and expect him to clear the ball but not to pass around, like against Atletico Madrid. 

I can't really disagree with any of that, but when you have to play a sub standard keeper for the majority of a season it will inevitably catch up. We seen that with Mignolet/Karius and we seen it when we had to play Lovren consistently. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Has Nat Phillips gone out on loan again ? If not then he'll probably be fourth choice. If we get Thiago in I guess we'll have Fabinho as fourth choice and Phillips sold or loaned out if he isn't already that is.

Billy the kid was ahead of Phillips on Saturday wasn't he? I reckon fabinho is 4th choice and Billy the kid 5th. 

11 hours ago, No2 said:

We know from Bobby's leaked contract that the players wages are heavily incentivised. I wouldn't be surprised if the players have doubled their take home pay in the last 3 years. It's the way it should be too, share the rewards with those that earned them.

I think fsg have talked about this before. Initial contracts are heavily incentivised, further contracts are more loaded on basic wage. The idea being if a player comes in and is not a success, we're not saddled with large wages, if he is a success, he's still well paid and encourages players to join us who back themselves. That leaked contract of bobbies was his 1st at the club. 

46 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

So this is as all normal humans said all along. It was nothing to do with Chelsea blowing us out of the water, Werner getting greedy or anything like that. It was simply fsg didn't want to pay and a deal that had clearly already been verbally agreed as the lad was ready to house hunt.  He didn't fancy waiting 12 months and why would he? 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

"FSG do not take money from the club, but expect it to live within its means".

They'll be happy with the inevitable stratospheric return on their investment when they come to sell though. Nice work if you can get it.

I despise them with every fibre of my being.

They are as anti-Liverpool as you can get. A soulless, money making machine with zero interest in the common fan. I should be grateful Jurgen has the patience because I would have walked if my bosses didn't show me the backing I'd earned.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

I can't really disagree with any of that, but when you have to play a sub standard keeper for the majority of a season it will inevitably catch up. We seen that with Mignolet/Karius and we seen it when we had to play Lovren consistently. 

Absolutely, all our top players are difficult to replace. That's the reality of buying top players and it's a better problem than not having them in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

I despise them with every fibre of my being.

They are as anti-Liverpool as you can get. A soulless, money making machine with zero interest in the common fan. I should be grateful Jurgen has the patience because I would have walked if my bosses didn't show me the backing I'd earned.

How much do you contribute to the club mate? Or will you not give FSG your money, just curious. Match goer, BT, Sky, Merchandise...

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

How much do you contribute to the club mate? Or will you not give FSG your money, just curious. Match goer, BT, Sky, Merchandise...

I don't go anymore. I was a regular in the 80s, 90s, 00s up until Brendan.

I don't pay for Sky, now and again I will buy NOW TV pass. Last merchandise I bought was a couple of training tops in lockdown.

As i've said before, I don't have a problem with FSG making money, I can easily accept their money making if they looked after the boss and gave him the tools he needed, without wheeling and dealing. Heck, wheeling and dealing is acceptable as long as he gets his targets in first and then we offload later. But working like this is embarrassing and could well cost us further down the line.

And lets be honest, they are true to their word, they have ran the same line since they come in. Doesn't make it any more acceptable though, not for Club like ours.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I don't go anymore. I was a regular in the 80s, 90s, 00s up until Brendan.

I don't pay for Sky, now and again I will buy NOW TV pass. Last merchandise I bought was a couple of training tops in lockdown.

As i've said before, I don't have a problem with FSG making money, I can easily accept their money making if they looked after the boss and gave him the tools he needed, without wheeling and dealing. Heck, wheeling and dealing is acceptable as long as he gets his targets in first and then we offload later. But working like this is embarrassing and could well cost us further down the line.

And lets be honest, they are true to their word, they have ran the same line since they come in. Doesn't make it any more acceptable though, not for Club like ours.

We should not have to wheel and deal, we should be able to strengthen from a position of strength. No one is talking hundreds of millions just improvements in the positions we are lacking, mainly in depth. You are Bill Murray in Grounhog Day though mate, I think most agree with your sentiments just the continuous barrage is wearing thin.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We should not have to wheel and deal, we should be able to strengthen from a position of strength. No one is talking hundreds of millions just improvements in the positions we are lacking, mainly in depth. You are Bill Murray in Grounhog Day though mate, I think most agree with your sentiments just the continuous barrage is wearing thin.

I know it is, but theres nothing else to talk about. You are right though about Groundhog Day. Every transfer window its the same battle lines, the same arguments and the same frustration, no matter what the climate is like.