You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

I know it was the Coutinho money but when we spent what we did on VVD and Allison I was a bit apprehensive given our track record with big big money. Part of me thought they will be queuing up to take the piss when this goes wrong....

Chelsea being an example- how much did they spend on Kepa? Now they want rid.

Arsenal with Pepe, United with Pogba, DiMaria....the day of those signings the respective fans would have been over the moon but it can back fire.

I had massively high hopes for Keita, and like the players above, he's obviously more to offer than we've seen but it doesnt always pay off.

Coutinho himself must have got Barca fans over excited as his You Tube montage must be epic.

I will be dissapointed if we dont get Thiago as I believe the hype despite not having really seen him play- I just think you need a player or two to keep yourself sharp and competitive from within.

I think Klopp/Edwards/FSG is the very best combination we could hope for. In fact, maybe the best we will ever have   

Only because of Klopp.  Our owners are no better than Mike Ashley. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dave D said:

Dont be silly Grinch

Yup it's really silly to compare them to a man with no interest in football, who gets the best manager he can and let's them spend roughly what they earn. 

No different whatsoever from our scumbag owners.  Who after winning the league have our manager wheeling and dealing.   Selling our 4th choice cb to afford a back up lb. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I stand corrected.

Id say several transfer records broken, 2 incredibly near league challenges, a European Cup win, a Premiership win, a stadium extension, best manager in Europe and several players best in their position in Europe, all against blatantly illegal spending by our nearest rivals is rightfully seen as a disgraceful effort. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think it's really smart business to sell someone like Lovren to fund the transfer of a backup left back. That's just good business, it's nonsense to criticize that. Skimping on a player of Thiago's quality is a problem, though. No doubt. 

Agreed, but you cant just keep signing midfielders you havent got room for. Something has got to give 

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I stand corrected.

Id say several transfer records broken, 2 incredibly near league challenges, a European Cup win, a Premiership win, a stadium extension, best manager in Europe and several players best in their position in Europe, all against blatantly illegal spending by our nearest rivals is rightfully seen as a disgraceful effort. 

Yes, klopp has done amazing work, no one desputes that.   Crediting the scum with any of it is quite frankly bizarre. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think it's really smart business to sell someone like Lovren to fund the transfer of a backup left back. That's just good business. Skimping on a player of Thiago's quality is a problem, though. No doubt. 

Well see how smart it is having three centre backs when two are injury prone When it bites us in the arse.   Which it difnitely will. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Well see how smart it is having three centre backs when two are injury prone When it bites us in the arse.   Which it difnitely will. 

What's gonna be the difference from the past few years, anyway? You were the first to call Lovren useless, why is Fabinho maybe being the 4th choice for example going to be worse?

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

What's gonna be the difference from the past few years, anyway? You were the first to call Lovren useless, why is Fabinho maybe being the 4th choice for example going to be worse?

Cause he's our best dm and shouldn't be playing centre back, obviously.   

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He'd be 4th choice, not 1st or 2nd. Henderson can manage a couple games at #6 if it comes to it. He's a grown up.

A couple of games ha 

If only that was the amount of times we were unfortunate enough to witness Lovren over the last few years. 

Williams also looks hopelessly out of his depth so don't be too surprised to see Gomes at right back again. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Grinch said:

A couple of games ha 

If only that was the amount of times we were unfortunate enough to witness Lovren over the last few years. 

Williams also looks hopelessly out of his depth so don't be too surprised to see Gomes at right back again. 

Listen, I think if we sign Thiago, it makes absolute sense not to buy a CB because then you can very easily move the squad around, have Thiago in DM, have Fabinho at CB, and you've got loads of versatility and class options to use. But if we don't sign him, then yeah, I won't love where we'll be.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wouldn't mind Hoever being played at right back but he will more than likely go out on loan. 

Not writing off William's just yet, Trent had a few awful games when he came into the team also.

Williams have gone from looking promising and a decent backup to Trent a few months ago to looking promising but far from ready. 

Hoever has looked like a prospect the times I’ve seen him, but obviously isn’t better than Williams at the moment. 

We need a new CB no doubt, preferrably should’ve been a 21-22 year old ready to push for a starting place but with plenty of potential to develop. Such a player would cost at least 30 million I guess, so probably wont happen. Means Klopp has to choose between getting in someone cheaper or stick with what he’s got. The latter would be a mistake imo.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Listen, I think if we sign Thiago, it makes absolute sense not to buy a CB because then you can very easily move the squad around, have Thiago in DM, have Fabinho at CB, and you've got loads of versatility and class options to use. But if we don't sign him, then yeah, I won't love where we'll be.

Not signing another centre back is asking for trouble given how injury prone Matip and Gomez.

Fabinho is not a centre back just like Mliner is not a full back.

Lovren should not have been let go if we planned not to replace him, even with a young centre back that can learn of Virgil. If funds are that fucking tight, get someone in on loan.

Have we not learnt from past experiences of square pegs in round holes?

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Not signing another centre back is asking for trouble given how injury prone Matip and Gomez.

Lovren should not have been let go if we planned not to replace him, even with a young centre back that can learn of Virgil. If funds are that fucking tight, get someone in on loan.

There was nothing wrong with using Milner at left back for a few years from time to time and there's nothing wrong with using Fabinho at CB from time to time, either. It's what crafty managers do, Klopp figures it out. I'd be fine with loaning someone but that's one thing Klopp doesn't really do, so...

If there was a magical quality CB who was talented, young but still established and was willing to come here be 4th choice for a reasonable price, I'd sign up for that right now, but I'm afraid I doubt he exists. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There was nothing wrong with using Milner at left back for a few years from time to time and there's nothing wrong with using Fabinho at CB from time to time, either. It's what crafty managers do, Klopp figures it out. I'd be fine with loaning someone but that's one thing Klopp doesn't really do, so...

If there was a magical quality CB who was talented, young but still established and was willing to come here be 4th choice for a reasonable price, I'd sign up for that right now, but I'm afraid I doubt he exists. 

And what happens if Van Dijk gets injured long term?

Figuring it out? More like rolling the dice of chance to get fucked.

Every other club seem to be able to keep subs happy but we need to move on all our 'second choice' players to give them games and keep them happy.

Klopp has been putting up with this shit since the first season when Origi was out on loan and we didn't have a substitute other than Sturridge...eventually in the CL final we didn't have anyone to bring on except for Lallana when Salah got injured.

Last season we sold Mignolet and brought in Adrian - someone who was out of contract and struggling to get a club.

Letting Lovren go without a replacement is just another part of this ridiculous policy. He's fourth choice but played a fair few games last season as both Gomez and Matip are so unreliable.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fabinho is fine as fourth choice; he's been perfectly dependable when he’s played there and was a right back until five years ago when Monaco decided to try him in midfield, so defending is hardly alien to him. Mascherano as a centre-back looked like a ludicrous proposition on paper, but Guardiola got good use out of him there.

The only way it becomes an issue for me is there's no interest in Thiago and that we’ve decided there'll be no more signings this summer. That leaves us a couple of injuries short of a real problem.

5 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

And what happens if Van Dijk gets injured long term?

Figuring it out? More like rolling the dice of chance to get fucked.

Any club would be fucked if a player of van Dijk's quality gets injured, mate. Buying a 4th choice wouldn't make us less fucked in that scenario.

• Upvote 1