You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

The thing for me is I agree with pretty much all of @aws post.

They are what they are and they are not going to change. From their point of view it is perfectly logical not to buy anyone, it doesn't mean I have to be happy about that. 

It is treating the fans like idiots that annoys me, but that is just me being sensitive and wanting an oil state to own us, apparently.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If my house was worth £300k when I bought it and ten years later it is worth £1.5m and I want an extension to increase the value of the house, I would probably expect to pay for the extension myself.

But would you feel the need to splash out on a new team of cleaners and gardeners to keep the place nice and tidy? 

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They circumvented the rules and bought two players. 

Not sure why you’d argue against, but whatever gets you through a Sunday.

No, I agree with you. They did circumvent the rules whether by hook or crook. But then you get posters like that scooby hasnt a clue who want to knit pick.

I posted chelsea's owner is one of two in the PL who threw money at his club. I also posted money they couldnt spend during the transfer ban, was being used in this window.

Scooby clue tried to pick me up when I said chelsea hadnt bought anyone during the transfer ban.

Whether they buy before or after the ban period is immaterial. Their owner chucking money at his new manager and club is just continuing his ways.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I would love to know how our wage bill is calculated. £315m in 1 season? Our top earner earns £10m per year. I'd be shocked if we had 10 players earning over 5m per year. 

Edit, and iirc we turn over more than 500m meaning the gap between our wages and turnover is about the size of a medium sized club like Everton.

Evertons wage to turnover ratio is much worse than ours.

Ours is about 58% - theirs is around 85%.

https://financialfootballnews.com/premier-league-2019-finances-wages/

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

Even Spurs are spending despite losing a shit load of money from their new stadium and not having Champions League football!

Spurs are crap, they have to spend. Same for Everton and most other clubs. Clubs like Villa and Leeds need to make sure they stay in the league. Chelsea and City are the two clubs that operate on a different planet to everyone, so obviously they do what they want.

The reason we're deciding to be cautious compared to everyone else is because we can. We've won stuff, we're already good, the squad doesn't have massive holes. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's obviously the logic. 

19 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If my house was worth £300k when I bought it and ten years later it is worth £1.5m and I want an extension to increase the value of the house, I would probably expect to pay for the extension myself.

But if you didn't live in that house and rented it out you would expect to recoup that money from increased rental income.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Spurs are crap, they have to spend. Same for Everton and most other clubs. Clubs like Villa and Leeds need to make sure they stay in the league. Chelsea and City are the two clubs that operate on a different planet to everyone, so obviously they do what they want.

The reason we're deciding to be cautious compared to everyone else is because we can. We've won stuff, we're already good, the squad doesn't have massive holes. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's obviously the logic. 

Yeah, I was mainly wondering how Spurs can finance transfer deals better than we can?

It sounds like they are selling Ndombele for around £50 million so that will go some way to explaining it.

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah, I was mainly wondering how Spurs can finance transfer deals better than we can?

It sounds like they are selling Ndombele for around £50 million so that will go some way to explaining it.

Did they not go out and refinance the stadium as a consequence of covid to take away immediate money issues? 

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

They’ll be lucky to sell him at that. By all accounts that have been coming out of Spurs for a while he’s a bit of a lazy git in training. Not sure there’ll be any takers at that price after the distinctly poor season he had last season.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

No, I agree with you. They did circumvent the rules whether by hook or crook. But then you get posters like that scooby hasnt a clue who want to knit pick.

I posted chelsea's owner is one of two in the PL who threw money at his club. I also posted money they couldnt spend during the transfer ban, was being used in this window.

Scooby clue tried to pick me up when I said chelsea hadnt bought anyone during the transfer ban.

Whether they buy before or after the ban period is immaterial. Their owner chucking money at his new manager and club is just continuing his ways.

You implied Chelsea were splashing the cash now due to having extra funds because they couldn't spend because of their transfer ban. 

You were pulled up, not only by me. You once again showed your mature genius by resorting to childish insults. 

I have learnt it is not worth wasting my time by trying to engage, so I won't bother in future. Enjoy your day. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

You implied Chelsea were splashing the cash now due to having extra funds because they couldn't spend because of their transfer ban. 

You were pulled up, not only by me. You once again showed your mature genius by resorting to childish insults. 

I have learnt it is not worth wasting my time by trying to engage, so I won't bother in future. Enjoy your day. 

If you're lucky you'll get some revenge negs too, they really make me laugh. Despite trying to create the persona of a old fella, he keeps behaving like a 12 year old. 

4 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

But if you didn't live in that house and rented it out you would expect to recoup that money from increased rental income.

You might get squatters though breaking the sink and leaving Frosty jack empties everywhere 

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Selective as ever. I also said they were 1 of 2 clubs in the PL whose owners throw money at it.

I love how you try and take the moral high road with the 'childish insults' when you were the first to chuck them about a while back. How old are you, 25ish because you come across as an immature sort who doesnt like hearing other people's opinions.

Thank fuck you wont 'engage' in future.

But like I and others have said, you and a couple of others will always moan, always move the goalposts and set new criteria to suit your agenda. Thank fuck I can enjoy the boys achievements and not have such a titty lip most of the time. Oh sorry, that was a 'childish insult' wasnt it?

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Selective as ever. I also said they were 1 of 2 clubs in the PL whose owners throw money at it.

I love how you try and take the moral high road with the 'childish insults' when you were the first to chuck them about a while back. How old are you, 25ish because you come across as an immature sort who doesnt like hearing other people's opinions.

Thank fuck you wont 'engage' in future.

But like I and others have said, you and a couple of others will always moan, always move the goalposts and set new criteria to suit your agenda. Thank fuck I can enjoy the boys achievements and not have such a titty lip most of the time. Oh sorry, that was a 'childish insult' wasnt it?

Agenda?? John Henry must be quaking in his boots.

I know it was the Coutinho money but when we spent what we did on VVD and Allison I was a bit apprehensive given our track record with big big money. Part of me thought they will be queuing up to take the piss when this goes wrong....

Chelsea being an example- how much did they spend on Kepa? Now they want rid.

Arsenal with Pepe, United with Pogba, DiMaria....the day of those signings the respective fans would have been over the moon but it can back fire.

I had massively high hopes for Keita, and like the players above, he's obviously more to offer than we've seen but it doesnt always pay off.

Coutinho himself must have got Barca fans over excited as his You Tube montage must be epic.

I will be dissapointed if we dont get Thiago as I believe the hype despite not having really seen him play- I just think you need a player or two to keep yourself sharp and competitive from within.

I think Klopp/Edwards/FSG is the very best combination we could hope for. In fact, maybe the best we will ever have   

• Like 1