You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

The same can be said for those on every thread defending FSG as if they are comprised of biblically holy characters. Why don't they stop laboring their points? 

The club has spent fuck all over five years and seem likely to continue to do so after winning everything. It's totally understandable why fans are asking questions at the lack of investment right now. 

This thread is called 'go fuck yourself FSG'. What do you expect to read on here? If it's tedious find another thread.

Pretty much what I have read from the same faces, repeatedly.

There are some valid points being made but at times, but it's difficult to pick the wheat from the chaff. 

So if it's quite alright with you I'll read what the fuck I like and comment as I see fit.

1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

Pretty much what I have read from the same faces, repeatedly.

There are some valid points being made but at times, but it's difficult to pick the wheat from the chaff. 

So if it's quite alright with you I'll read what the fuck I like and comment as I see fit.

It's fine with me mate! You're the one complaining about something you have full control in not being irked about =D

Look, as an aside. I do also appreciate the covering of all ground is tiresome. But I think some of that is born out of frustration. Sometimes people just come on here to vent, so that's probably the 'chaff' you're talking about. 

I do find odd the hostility aimed towards those who want more investment. They're only desperate for it because they want us to be dominant, have a dynasty and give Klopp every chance of winning every fucking thing possible because we know how brilliant he is.

We all want the same thing in the end...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Similarly, I’ve no issue with the view that they should dip into their own pockets. I’d like them to do that, but this was never the game with these. 

On the early stuff, I’d say your claim about having no money because we have to pay back the loan immediately is dubious. I don’t think there’s anything to suggest that. I do see the ‘bills to pay’ stuff but that’s not the same. I personally don’t buy that we don’t have any money. Whether we spend it or not is another thing. 

That's certainly fair. Despite what it might seem, I don't have any issue with people/posters who are okay with FSG not investing more into the club and us relying upon the revenue we generate. I just completely disagree and have a difference stance. For some reason certain posters on here think anybody disagreeing with them is a blert or 'unappreciative', etc. etc. 

On the second paragraph, fair point again - I guess the next set of accounts will reveal more. Regardless of the realities at an accounting level, I similarly share your skepticism because I find it implausible that a club as large as LFC at the peak of their powers cannot seem to match the financial might of Aston Villa on transfer fees.

I keep reading this 'the club's spent fuck all' in 5 years and the 'net spend' argument.

I dont get why this is levelled at the club or FSG as a bad thing. The club has clearly spent money in the last 5 years. It spent silly money under the King on transfers most of us now shudder at. It spent money under Rodgers and Jurgen has seen players like Mo, Sadio, van Dijk, Allison, Keita and Oxlade Chamberlane come in.

Im not going to try and add all that up but let's call it roughly £200m! OK so some say yeah, but we had to sell to buy those. Yes, we did. Depending how far you want to go back we sold Torres who wanted to leave. We Sold Suarez who wanted to leave and we sold Coutinho who wanted to leave.

If FSG had pocketed that cash, even Id be pissed off with them, shill money from John Henry or not. But as far as I can tell from articles by Swiss Rambler and Woolster is it, there isnt any evidence of that.

The money from sales has been re invested in the playing squad. OK so net spend isnt a lot. No, it isnt going to be either when the players who want to leave are replaced by players like Mo, Sadio, Virgil etc, etc who cost tens of millions each.

I really dont get it. Either the club has massive debt on it because the money from player sales is not used to buy replacements and has to resort to loans put on it to bring them in or you have a small net spend because your outgoings cover your incomings. The only other option is the club is run along the lines of abramovich's chelsea and mansour's city and it becomes the vanity project for a mega rich individual or nation state.

I know which I prefer.

People say we dont expect 60m, 70m etc players all the time and that 30m, 40m and 50m ones will do. well, we've had them with the likes of Bobby, Mo, Sadio, Ox but then people say yeah but Ox is shit. He might be in some eyes but that's not the point, he is a player who cost £35m, Naby £54m. The evidence is there but people's perceptions are that players doesnt fit their desire so it's not valid to use them as an example.

Just now, FrenchEyeGlass said:

That's certainly fair. Despite what it might seem, I don't have any issue with people/posters who are okay with FSG not investing more into the club and us relying upon the revenue we generate. I just completely disagree and have a difference stance. For some reason certain posters on here think anybody disagreeing with them is a blert or 'unappreciative', etc. etc. 

On the second paragraph, fair point again - I guess the next set of accounts will reveal more. Regardless of the realities at an accounting level, I similarly share your skepticism because I find it implausible that a club as large as LFC at the peak of their powers cannot seem to match the financial might of Aston Villa on transfer fees.

I've been on board with the approach that FSG have taken because I thought it would lead to us having a great team and winning trophies (I think it's clear that we approached it in the right way, and won the league at the hardest time to win the league ever), but this last few windows have been so sparse despite us doing fucking awesome on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I've been on board with the approach that FSG have taken because I thought it would lead to us having a great team and winning trophies (I think it's clear that we approached it in the right way, and won the league at the hardest time to win the league ever), but this last few windows have been so sparse despite us doing fucking awesome on the pitch. 

I think those two words are the reason for the frustration. I don't think anybody realistically expects ridiculous money to be spent and I'm actually on board with the conservatism you mention. But being where we are on the list below takes the piss, surely?

Note: we are now 15-20m below Spurs after their purchase of Hojberg (this was created before then)

image.thumb.png.3bde6dc3dcc3589cb8e12c5931563547.png

Back in the dark days where we could literally have gone bust, most fans said they never wanted a Sheikh to take over and use it as their plaything, would anyone really want to be city? Just outbid everyone every year, sit back and applaud as the latest success makes it into some airline's marketing brochure?

Most said we just wanted to live within our means, challenge and be well run. We're all of those things.

• Upvote 2

We just bought Tsimikas for just under 12m so we arent 15m to 20m behind spurs.

Ive said it before, villa just escaped sanction by the EFL by including the sale of their ground to their owner in their accounts and by being promoted to the PL. They gambled all this year's PL money on their transfer spend at the beginning of the season to cement their position in the PL and only just achieved it in the last league game.

If the PL clubs had not of voted to hand out in full this season's prize money, they'd be very close to the wind at being sanctioned by the PL under their less strict financial 'fair play' rules.

5 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I don't quite understand this argument. Klopp is an employee. And while he's clearly become a fan of the club while doing his job, I would suggest his job is not to hold the ownership to account. Quite the opposite in fact. As fans I think it is only right we do this. 

We've seen loads of times how bad owners effect the behaviour of managers. Especially in media interviews where managers have cracked and let out a comment that can only be attributed to a bad relationship. In Jurgen and FSG I just don't see that. Whilst I'm not a behaviour analyst, I can spot a frustrated manager when I see one.

My other point about Jurgen speaking up I suppose is an invalid one as he is an employee of the club and won't speak up unless he has to. But looking at the overall picture, I see nothing to indicate that FSG are the worst club owners in the world that our fans make them out to be. Hold them account when they mess up, yes, but not hate them just for the sake of it.

There are, after all, worst owners out there.

FEG and Beefstroganoff, I'll say it here and now. Whatever they do won't be good enough for you. They could go ahead and do all those things that tick every box of yours, and all you'll do is create a new set of boxes listing things they haven't done and point out where they have failed to meet your mark.

So there is no need to labour the point. You'll save yourselves a shitload of posts in those times when when the team don't actually have a game and the media focus is on other things like transfers or the stadium, which is like the Batsignal to you two.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We just bought Tsimikas for just under 12m so we arent 15m to 20m behind spurs.

Ive said it before, villa just escaped sanction by the EFL by including the sale of their ground to their owner in their accounts and by being promoted to the PL. They gambled all this year's PL money on their transfer spend at the beginning of the season to cement their position in the PL and only just achieved it in the last league game.

If the PL clubs had not of voted to hand out in full this season's prize money, they'd be very close to the wind at being sanctioned by the PL under their less strict financial 'fair play' rules.

We sold Lovren for 11m, so yes we are. That's how maths works.

Villa are one of 15 other clubs ahead of us.

No they wouldn't have, FFP has been deferred and will be measured over two years. If what you're saying is true then why are all these other clubs still spending?

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

We sold Lovren for 11m, so yes we are. That's how maths works.

Villa are one of 15 other clubs ahead of us.

No they wouldn't have, FFP has been deferred and will be measured over two years. If what you're saying is true then why are all these other clubs still spending?

You keep mentioning villa's financial spending compared to Liverpool's as an example, now you say they are one of 15 other clubs. It's like Trumo said, you just make another set of conditions up to suit.

Yep, fair enough, I forgot about Lovren.

You appear to want an owner who spend a lot of their own money on the club. If we had owners that did that, you'd be going on about them having no affinity with the fans and them thinking they can do what they want with the club, much like that Lim's daughter has said to Valencia's fans.

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

FEG and Beefstroganoff, I'll say it here and now. Whatever they do won't be good enough for you. They could go ahead and do all those things that tick every box, and all you'll do is create a new set of boxes listing things they haven't done.

So there is no need to labour the point. You'll save yourselves a shitload of posts in those times when when the team don't actually have a game and the media focus is on other things like transfers or the stadium, which is like the Batsignal to you two.

Thanks for 'saying it here and now' (hahaha save the dramatics) but what a load of shite. 

This is what I mean and this is why there is continued hostility on this topic. My expectation is that we are not outspend by 15 of the 19 other teams in the PL. How is that an unreasonable stance?

A modest net spend this summer (30-50m) would quell a lot of frustration. It's not about the money, it's about the players...I think that amount of net spend can bring in a good quality backup attacker, back LB, backup CB and Thiago. 

Stop fucking going on like we're demanding Mbappe.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

We've seen loads of times how bad owners effect the behaviour of managers. Especially in media interviews where managers have cracked and let out a comment that can only be attributed to a bad relationship. In Jurgen and FSG I just don't see that. Whilst I'm not a behaviour analyst, I can spot a frustrated manager when I see one.

My other point about Jurgen speaking up I suppose is an invalid one as he is an employee of the club and won't speak up unless he has to. But looking at the overall picture, I see nothing to indicate that FSG are the worst club owners in the world that our fans make them out to be. Hold them account when they mess up, yes, but not hate them just for the sake of it.

There are, after all, worst owners out there.

I thought klopp sounded pretty frustrated towards the end of the season when he had lost out on Werner. However, I don't think it's a big deal, because klopp just doesn't worry like that. He plays the hand he's dealt. You're right there are loads of managers who get derailed by bad ownership, but the very best don't, because they know it's wasted emotion worrying about things you can't influence. Our owners are analytic and if the spreadsheet says no, it's says no. It's why they had the ticket fiasco. It's why they had the furlough bad PR. Because the spreadsheet said do it and in both cases took a chasing from fans they made another spreadsheet decision that it could cost them more to stick with their guns. Klopp knows how they work and works to those conditions. And honestly, so he fucking should, it's his job. I'd hate it if he was calling out the owners. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I think those two words are the reason for the frustration. I don't think anybody realistically expects ridiculous money to be spent and I'm actually on board with the conservatism you mention. But being where we are on the list below takes the piss, surely?

Note: we are now 15-20m below Spurs after their purchase of Hojberg (this was created before then)

image.thumb.png.3bde6dc3dcc3589cb8e12c5931563547.png

Looking at that table and even factoring in all of our expensive contract extensions. We must be sitting on a pile of cash. I can understand we need to be prudent in this day and age, but playing the pauper have to be for show. If not then there is some serious questions to be asked. Can't wait for the next set of accounts to sniffle through.

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Back in the dark days where we could literally have gone bust, most fans said they never wanted a Sheikh to take over and use it as their plaything, would anyone really want to be city? Just outbid everyone every year, sit back and applaud as the latest success makes it into some airline's marketing brochure?

Most said we just wanted to live within our means, challenge and be well run. We're all of those things.

Indeed. I also think a lot of the criticism is because they’re not blatantly flouting FFP like a couple of other English sides. 

Just now, dockers_strike said:

You keep mentioning villa's financial spending compared to Liverpool's as an example, now you say they are one of 15 other clubs. It's like Trumo said, you just make another set of conditions up to suit.

Yep, fair enough, I forgot about Lovren.

You appear to want an owner who spend a lot of their own money on the club. If we had owners that did that, you'd be going on about them having no affinity with the fans and them thinking they can do what they want

with the club, much like that Lim's daughter has said to Valencia's fans.

What are you talking about? Im not making anything up, I'm posting absolute facts. Villa ARE one of 15 clubs with a higher net spend than us since Klopp arrived. What the fuck have I "made up"?

No I fucking don't ''appear to want that'' unless you have reading comprehension of a 5 old. About five posts back I posted "I'm actually on board with a conservative approach to spending".

The people who are being disingenuous here are posters like you. I'm asking for more than a 0m net spend this summer and you're reframing that as me wanting 200m spent by a Sheik. 

• Upvote 2