You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

20 hours ago, JustTosh said:

This is bad news for several reasons.

Maybe American dandyboy Billy Hogan can fill his shoes? I won’t hold my breath. From now on am I supposed to support the Fenway Sports Group Sports Franchise Soccer Branch

?

What’s next? George Septhon out – Organ in?

A compromise may be reached 'George Sephton and his organ out.'

On 03/08/2020 at 17:57, BeefStroganoff said:

I like that they called us 'an organisation' kind of sums them up.

I'm fine with that. I want the owners to see an organisation that needs to be competently administered, just like I want the groundsman to see nothing but turf that needs to be maintained, I want the caterers to see nothing but mouths to feed, etc. Everybody has got their role.

Mind you, he also talked about the "club" and the "group". Not sure what that sums up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Very good thread. 

Our lack of commercial growth is pretty concerning and i'm glad the club look to be addressing it. May be a big reason why Peter Moore was moved on. I mean the 5m/year deal with Western Union was shite even at the time we agreed to it.

We have a very successful team, one of the biggest fanbases in the globe, a really compelling sporting narrative (YNWA, 30 years, etc.), global international icons (in Salah, Mane, VVD, Allison) and incredibly charismatic manager. Surely we should be doing better commercializing all of that? A 76m/year gap between us and the Mancs (whilst we've been at our peak and them at their nadir) is not good enough.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Very good thread. 

Our lack of commercial growth is pretty concerning and i'm glad the club look to be addressing it. May be a big reason why Peter Moore was moved on. I mean the 5m/year deal with Western Union was shite even at the time we agreed to it.

We have a very successful team, one of the biggest fanbases in the globe, a really compelling sporting narrative (YNWA, 30 years, etc.), global international icons (in Salah, Mane, VVD, Allison) and incredibly charismatic manager. Surely we should be doing better commercializing all of that? A 76m/year gap between us and the Mancs (whilst we've been at our peak and them at their nadir) is not good enough.

Yep, really surprised when we won the WCC in Qatar that we didn't get some deal with a massive paer on the middle east, especially with Salah being so marketable. 

The matchday revenue gap has been closing which is good, I think after the ARE there will be little point in them pursuing any further expansion, maybe some extra corporate facilities in the Kenny Dalglish stand but that's about it. Obviously depends on Covid as well

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've always thought that surely we could get a better kit sponsor than Standard Chartered. Like not a scummy bank and maybe an actual recognizable brand. The Chevy logo looks like shit on a football shirt but at least everyone knows what it is. 

Yes, was surprised that the renewal was so low as well, thought the club would be able to get a lot more. 

Didnt Chevrolet sack their commercial director after he  agreed that deal with the Mancs?.

We are the champions of England and Europe, we have the most charismatic manager, a player who was on the front of time magazine and is worshipped across the world. Superstar players across the team. World famous stadium, song, fan culture i think we are probably on the TV more than any other side. Our commercial deals should be through the roof.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We are the champions of England and Europe, we have the most charismatic manager, a player who was on the front of time magazine and is worshipped across the world. Superstar players across the team. World famous stadium, song, fan culture i think we are probably on the TV more than any other side. Our commercial deals should be through the roof.

An honest question. With companies around the world laying people off in their hundreds of thousands, why do you think our commercial deals should be through the roof?

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

this is an interesting part of this. as i have been saying on here for years and was shouted down by the fsg fan boys, commercially we were turned around when ian ayre joined the club and really drove that side forward. our issue was making him CEO. 

LPqq2dim_bigger.jpg

Contrary to misleading reports, Liverpool were a strong performer on the commercial front even before FSG took over the club in October 2010; during the 2009/10 season, Liverpool's commercial revenue was second only to United's in the PL with the gap between the two clubs of £19m
9 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Very good thread. 

Moore was a cheer leader. He had no football or commercial responsibility. The bloke who has been responsible for out commercial revenues since 2012 is the new CEO. Looking at this graph, you can see very easily how Ed Woodward is bullet proof to his pay masters in america despite their down turn in performance on the pitch. 

That will leave only commercial where Liverpool will still need to make headway before they can overtake United on the revenue front. This graph below shows the commercial revenue of both clubs over the ten seasons between 2009/10-2018/19 (figures from company accounts):

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We're pretty poor performers on social media though I think and when people are buying sponsorship, that is one of the things that drives revenues up. It's not a be all and end all as I understand there's very specific ways LFC fans can be targeted which makes them more valuable per fan. Up until the last year or so we we're only around 10th. That's improved since we've won things (now 6th), but we're staggeringly behind chelsea (and this time last year were behind arsenal) and only around 60% of the following salford do. The new CEO needs to make sure his replacement on the commercial side is better than him I think. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/top-10-football-clubs-highest-social-media-following

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest Alex_K

Didn't realise Moore had been moved on - came across as a bit of a muggins in his short time here and always seemed an odd fit beginning with the "If your next door neighbour puts £50,000 into his greenhouse will you spend 50,000 quid on a greenhouse? No." soundbite. Can't have been up to much to have been moved on so quickly. Departs on an equally cringeworthy Twitter post:

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm fine with that. I want the owners to see an organisation that needs to be competently administered, just like I want the groundsman to see nothing but turf that needs to be maintained, I want the caterers to see nothing but mouths to feed, etc. Everybody has got their role.

Mind you, he also talked about the "club" and the "group". Not sure what that sums up.

It’s a very American word in sport. They routinely use that term rather than club. I totally agree with your point, by the way. It reflects a unity of purpose across every aspect of club and in every role. That is clearly what happens at Liverpool these days and is reflected in our success. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

An honest question. With companies around the world laying people off in their hundreds of thousands, why do you think our commercial deals should be through the roof?

That doesn't really sound like an honest question but looks like yet another obsessive defense of FSG. Support them all you want but you seem a bit too defensive on every aspect of criticism to the point of being weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Post covid money aside they should be up there with the highest other clubs earn relative to how the future economy looks. If everyone's commercial revenues takes hit well that's just the market now but we shouldnt be lagging in any area really other than the money generated in ticket sales and corporate. Its not a dig at FSG either. Were catching up to United. 

• Upvote 1

I honestly can't believe people are having digs at FSG for revenue generation. It's the one thing they have been consistently good at. Utd were a country mile ahead and we will overtake them in this decade. It's like saying Usain Bolt is only 7 seconds quicker than me over 100m, 7 seconds is fucking nothing, except it is.

• Upvote 1