You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

On 26/07/2020 at 22:01, The Gaul said:

I can't believe I'm about to defend fsg..... But they're not taking the money out. They don't take a dividend. They don't take extortionate wages or expenses (as far as I know anyway). If we're not spending, the money is still there.

But they'll only spend it if they believe there's a return. The little they have spent was getting the club into the CL. Even then it was conservative. Since we've got there, financially that's enough for them. They will start each season and if the manager says "I need to spend 100m", their reply would be "and what is the return on investment". IMO, klopp is almost a victim of his own success. Why would you spend 50 or 100m if the financial outcome doesn't guarantee that and more,.in fact spending 100m would mean P&L would be down? They just won't. It's not about winning cups, it's about getting us in the CL and having a team that has a role of the dice. 

I think that there's more than an element of truth in this.

They're lucky that Klopp's response to "and what is the return on the investment" wouldn't be "my continued service John".  Klopp is a well paid, loyal, and honourable employee yes, but we're fortunate that he also seems to thrive on a challenge, very fortunate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder if we really will earn that £80m. The base figure seems so low.

I will genuinely be surprised if we get anywhere near that figure even discounting the potential effects on the world economy right now.

For years, most dismissed claims by united, city and chelsea that their new deals would rake in xx million pounds because of all the performance related bonuses that would need to be met.

You'd presume this deal would also have such conditions plus, we're starting 15m down each season from the NB deal.

I normally buy a shirt but 70 quid plus a tenner(?) for a Gold PL champions badge, meaning around 80 quid? The kids can buy it for me as a christmas present if they want!

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yes it does. Edwards was buying Balotelli and Borini before Jurgen arrived.

That isn't 'The spend table and their track record as owners before Jurgen arrived'. Even then, you need to look at Edwards role at the club then. Even then, what it isn't is 'conclusive proof' that FSG have 'ZERO' to do with the achievements. 

If you've got something new to say, that'd be great. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yes it does. Edwards was buying Balotelli and Borini before Jurgen arrived.

Managers and transfer people work together. Edwards is good for Klopp and vice versa. We signed failures before Klopp got here and Klopp also bought Karius. Klopp wanted Gotze and Brandt, he settled on Mané and Salah. Get the point?