Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 190 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

On 27/06/2020 at 16:16, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, but why don't you?

Because they’re cunts. Who hasn’t looked at Tom Werner and thought ‘that man tortures rabbits as a hobby.’

Can't believe some want the owners out. Without them we'd be hopefully finishing in the top four. Instead we have battered every single team in the league and Europe for 2 seasons and are premier league champions, European champions, World club champions and super cup. Wake up you fuckers it doesn't get any better than this. 

FB479785-C08A-4451-BBA2-BFC642F47BA3.thumb.jpeg.e5fbb146e431f2bb22a759661f205aef.jpeg.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Butch said:

Can't believe some want the owners out. Without them we'd be hopefully finishing in the top four. Instead we have battered every single team in the league and Europe for 2 seasons and are premier league champions, European champions, World club champions and super cup. Wake up you fuckers it doesn't get any better than this. 

FB479785-C08A-4451-BBA2-BFC642F47BA3.thumb.jpeg.e5fbb146e431f2bb22a759661f205aef.jpeg.jpg

BiG nAmE sIgNiNgS 

20 minutes ago, Butch said:

I don’t want the owners out. However, we won the Champions League last season, so picturing it along side trophies that we’ve won this season doesn’t seem quite right. It can get better than this. We can win the Premier League again. We can win the Champions League again and retain it the following season.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I don’t want the owners out. However, we won the Champions League last season, so picturing it along side trophies that we’ve won this season doesn’t seem quite right. It can get better than this. We can win the Premier League again. We can win the Champions League again and retain it the following season.

Blimey, you don't ask for much. Would you like to see the return of Ceefax next season too? 

Their ownership has brought a lot of positives to the club. We have a successful team again. We've seen progress with the stadium and the training facilities. We have a stability that simply wasn't there under the previous ownership. Are all of these progressing as quickly as we would like? Of course not.

A lot of fans complain that the owners don't invest enough in the team. We have a low net spend compared to teams challenging for the same honours. We keep hearing that we might not sign any new players. Of course that sounds worrying. I get the idea that standing still means you go backwards. I get the worries that we are still short of alternatives in key positions.

What I don't get - and can't understand - are those people who are accusing them of taking money out of the club. There is no financial chicanery going on. Especially not on the type some are suggesting, which requires a leap in logic that would be the envy of David Icke or that catshitinmyeye blert over at GOT. If some random cunt on Twitter suggests it, treat it as bollocks. Random cunts on Twitter exclusively talk bollocks.

Where I have a worry is when I look at the development of the Red Sox after they won the World Series. They've won it 4 times in the 18 years they've been owned by Henry and co, which is the best record in MLB. However, those wins have been spaced out, with no years where the team got to the World Series only to lose. Some of those winning years have fallen in between years where the Red Sox posted some of their worst seasons. They haven't been able to build on success consistently.

There's a lot of boom and bust. Boom and bust works well in the closed shop of MLB where they have salary caps, luxury taxes for breaching salary caps, and first pick in the drafts for the lowest placed teams. It gives every team a chance to pick things up and get better. The bigger teams with the most money (like the Red Sox) can do this much quicker. This system doesn't apply in football though, where you need to keep the boom years up or else you can fall away and really struggled to make your way back.

I don't think anyone at the club has suggested the current squad can't get better therefore doesn't need investing in, but at the same time you cannot assume that the squad will not plateau or begin to fall away. There's always a chance that players can lose motivation or begin to develop fitness issues when previously neither was a concern.

I guess what I'm saying is that owners need to recognise that there are pitfalls even when things are going well, and that what works now might not be effective even 6 months down the line.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Blimey, you don't ask for much. Would you like to see the return of Ceefax next season too? 

Too right I would.

Ceefax > trophies 

• Upvote 1

"FSG out" reminds me of "Rafa out". You need to think carefully about who you want to come in as a replacement. 

The club is successful, well run and financially sound and there's a clear intention of wanting to keep the fans happy. I don't really want much more from the owners. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"FSG out" reminds me of "Rafa out". You need to think carefully about who you want to come in as a replacement. 

The club is successful, well run and financially sound and there's a clear intention of wanting to keep the fans happy. I don't really want much more from the owners. 

Yep. A few extra quid for a couple of big signings and I’m pretty happy. 

Is any one actually saying fsg out? They're a bunch of cunts who's interest is money not football, but I can't recall one post on here that's said "fsg out". In fact I don't understand what "fsg out" even means, I've never understood why some football fans think they can get the owners sacked, that in itself is fucking nonsense. They're owners, not on the payroll. If anyone wants the owners out, they need to find some new ones. The only reason we have these current owners is because RBS decided it was best for their reputation and the debt h&g had piled on effectively made RBS owners and RBS didn't want to own a football club. 

As for this utter shit "look at what they've won us", by either design or good fortune they got they got klopp - so credit for that. But those trophies belong to the brilliance of klopp (and his team). If we had any other manager in charge we wouldn't have won those trophies. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Is any one actually saying fsg out? They're a bunch of cunts who's interest is money not football, but I can't recall one post on here that's said "fsg out". In fact I don't understand what "fsg out" even means, I've never understood why some football fans think they can get the owners sacked, that in itself is fucking nonsense. They're owners, not on the payroll. If anyone wants the owners out, they need to find some new ones. The only reason we have these current owners is because RBS decided it was best for their reputation and the debt h&g had piled on effectively made RBS owners and RBS didn't want to own a football club. 

As for this utter shit "look at what they've won us", by either design or good fortune they got they got klopp - so credit for that. But those trophies belong to the brilliance of klopp (and his team). If we had any other manager in charge we wouldn't have won those trophies. 

Come on. The people on here who want FSG out are clever enough in the main not to actually post 'FSG out' especially when we've just won our first title in 30 years. Go elsewhere and you will see that.

Look, despite what people may think, Im not on FSG's payroll (wish I was, Id be quids in!). Are they a bunch of cunts who are just interested in money and not football? That argument falls down when you look at the club's value now to when they bought it. Whichever way you look at it that's over a $1billion profit. I think any cunt only in it for the money would take that and run especially when you consider the money city can throw around, Abramovich has and what the glazers could.

Bottom line is they have a different way of doing it. Im more than happy we arent FSG's or rather John Henry's play thing like city, chelsea and PSG are to their respective owners. Self sufficiency is the way forward.

Have they made mistakes? Sure, loads. But the thing is they have corrected them. yep, they appointed Jurgen. They wanted him before Rodgers. Do they get the kudos for that? I dont know, does John Smith for appointing Bob, Joe and Kenny? I dont know.

But like I said before, what might have been if FSG's low ball offer had been rejected, we could be basking in the glorious ownership of Peter Lim, stripped by Gillet's hedge fund bankers, still bumbling around 5th or 6th with a David Moores clone, have been in administration and fighting our way out of the Championship or any other scenario you care to think of.

Each to their own.

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Come on. The people on here who want FSG out are clever enough in the main not to actually post 'FSG out' especially when we've just won our first title in 30 years. Go elsewhere and you will see that.

Look, despite what people may think, Im not on FSG's payroll (wish I was, Id be quids in!). Are they a bunch of cunts who are just interested in money and not football? That argument falls down when you look at the club's value now to when they bought it. Whichever way you look at it that's over a $1billion profit. I think any cunt only in it for the money would take that and run especially when you consider the money city can throw around, Abramovich has and what the glazers could.

Bottom line is they have a different way of doing it. Im more than happy we arent FSG's or rather John Henry's play thing like city, chelsea and PSG are to their respective owners. Self sufficiency is the way forward.

Have they made mistakes? Sure, loads. But the thing is they have corrected them. yep, they appointed Jurgen. They wanted him before Rodgers. Do they get the kudos for that? I dont know, does John Smith for appointing Bob, Joe and Kenny? I dont know.

But like I said before, what might have been if FSG's low ball offer had been rejected, we could be basking in the glorious ownership of Peter Lim, stripped by Gillet's hedge fund bankers, still bumbling around 5th or 6th with a David Moores clone, have been in administration and fighting our way out of the Championship or any other scenario you care to think of.

Each to their own.

Seconded

I've mentioned this before but, who could even buy us? 

We're an extremely valuable business as it stands, it's alright thinking FSG could quickly flog us to reap the profit but there's only going to be a handful of people on the planet that could afford to pay that, do we really want some no mark Arab Prince or a corrupt Asian with a gambling problem to take over? When the pool of potential buyers is so small you don't get to be picky. 

And if I was one of those no mark Arabs or Asians then it seems like a better idea to buy somebody mid table for a couple of hundred million and then have a billion to throw into transfers than to spend 1.5 billion on us and still need to spend money on signings anyway. 

If billionaires are going to be buying Premier league clubs they are going to buy the Man Cities and Newcastles not the Liverpools.

All this talk of 'they saved us' is like something you would expect from a 10 year old. They did didly squat. They saw a potentially profitable asset going cheap and they took advantage of it. They are not arsed about you or me, or the working class fella who just wants to take his two young kids to their first game. They don't give a stuff about that, as long as someone, anyone is buying merchandise and paying top dollar for tickets and hospitality.

As far as FSGOUT is concerned, I'm not bothered either way. In fact they can make as much money off us as they like, as long as a good portion is reinvested into the playing side of things, you know, the important bit of a football club.

But thats where it falls down for me and where a majority of our fans get a bit blind. We are sell to buy. That policy is the way we deal with transfers and I have a massive problem with that, firstly from a sustainable angle and secondly from a depth level.

We have only ever 'gone big' if you want to call it that after selling off the family silver. Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho. The problem with that is, you may get a 1 in 1 out scenario or in coutinhos case a 2 in 1 out (and lets be honest we were fortunate to get 140 million for him) which constantly keeps us in the same position, over and over. Mane, Salah or Firmino is next, mark my words.

You can't tell me that Klopp is such a perfectionist, he actually wants his job to be harder? Every manager would like more quality to work with and my problem is, when push comes to shove he doesn't get it, its always a compromise of sorts. Werner should have been bought its as simple as that. We have been banking profits for 3 years now and spending nothing, to be told we are skint is an insult.

Every year its the same, if its not corona, its contracts or low balling or training facilities or any other such garbage. The bottom line is. these guys don't like buying players. They hate the high fees and the high wages, which is different to american sports so they do as little as they can get away with, which is where Jurgen's genius comes to the fore.

On Thursday the old squad problems reared their head again. When we rely on two injury prone centre halves, no cover at left back, no one to come on and freshen things up when the front three are off their game. And its been like that for years. remember african nations when we lost Mane and had no cover and basically threw in the cup comps? Or last year when we had no right back and so Henderson played there and we drew a few crucial matches? Or Rogers having the depth of a cream cracker on the bench, going for the title, losing henderson and having to rely on Cissoko, Toure and fucking Moses? We rely on the same 13 players being fit and healthy over the long run for years and now is the time to stop that and to increase the quality across the squad.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

All this talk of 'they saved us' is like something you would expect from a 10 year old. They did didly squat. They saw a potentially profitable asset going cheap and they took advantage of it. They are not arsed about you or me, or the working class fella who just wants to take his two young kids to their first game. They don't give a stuff about that, as long as someone, anyone is buying merchandise and paying top dollar for tickets and hospitality.

As far as FSGOUT is concerned, I'm not bothered either way. In fact they can make as much money off us as they like, as long as a good portion is reinvested into the playing side of things, you know, the important bit of a football club.

But thats where it falls down for me and where a majority of our fans get a bit blind. We are sell to buy. That policy is the way we deal with transfers and I have a massive problem with that, firstly from a sustainable angle and secondly from a depth level.

We have only ever 'gone big' if you want to call it that after selling off the family silver. Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho. The problem with that is, you may get a 1 in 1 out scenario or in coutinhos case a 2 in 1 out (and lets be honest we were fortunate to get 140 million for him) which constantly keeps us in the same position, over and over. Mane, Salah or Firmino is next, mark my words.

You can't tell me that Klopp is such a perfectionist, he actually wants his job to be harder? Every manager would like more quality to work with and my problem is, when push comes to shove he doesn't get it, its always a compromise of sorts. Werner should have been bought its as simple as that. We have been banking profits for 3 years now and spending nothing, to be told we are skint is an insult.

Every year its the same, if its not corona, its contracts or low balling or training facilities or any other such garbage. The bottom line is. these guys don't like buying players. They hate the high fees and the high wages, which is different to american sports so they do as little as they can get away with, which is where Jurgen's genius comes to the fore.

On Thursday the old squad problems reared their head again. When we rely on two injury prone centre halves, no cover at left back, no one to come on and freshen things up when the front three are off their game. And its been like that for years. remember african nations when we lost Mane and had no cover and basically threw in the cup comps? Or last year when we had no right back and so Henderson played there and we drew a few crucial matches? Or Rogers having the depth of a cream cracker on the bench, going for the title, losing henderson and having to rely on Cissoko, Toure and fucking Moses? We rely on the same 13 players being fit and healthy over the long run for years and now is the time to stop that and to increase the quality across the squad.

I don't see a thing wrong with this post.

It's not unfair or odd to question, or criticise, the ownership while revelling in the success that Klopp has brought us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Each to their own.

So nobody has said fsg out and you're choosing to read between the lines? 

Maybe I am misunderstanding some of the rest of your post, but are you saying because they haven't sold means they're not here for the money? All that means is nobody has met their asking price. They're not stupid, with options around streaming, maybe individual club rights rather than a single premier league solution and a possible European super League, there is lots and lots of options for growth and increasing the club's value. The owners have even said they're interested in selling a percentage of the club and I think Barclays investment bank is still working on it, which is actually the model they've employed with the Red Sox/NESV. Just follow the path the New York Times took with their investment in NESV. There's your model right there. They're an investment fund, they're not here for anything but money. LFC will have its price (either a few percent or the whole club) just like any player on the books does - that price will move an an almost daily basis, but there'll always be a price. 

I'd sooner they weren't our owners, because I would like owners who have an emotional investment in the club, I believe that's what sport is about - that doesn't mean just any random LFC fan, but a genuine responsible owner who cares. Once it's just a business, well it's just a business. It's like saying you support Fuller's and your mortal enemy is greene king. I love beer, but I don't feel the need to choose one over another other than its taste. Sport expects  a completely different investment from its customers and as a consequence I'd like a different type of investment from the owners.

• Upvote 1