Quantcast
Go fuck yourselves FSG - Page 180 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Neil G

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Might have been The Athletic that said the move pissed off our senior players as it completely undermines whatever contribution they want to make to the NHS.  Henderson has been to the fore in trying to get a common approach from players across the top flight.

My guess is that the FSG numbers people figured that as taxes are inevitably going to rise next year to offset the cost of all of this, and we are a profitable company that pays a lot of tax, we will essentially be subsidising Spurs, Norwich, Newcastle and all the other clubs who take advantage of the scheme.

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

My guess is that the FSG numbers people figured that as taxes are inevitably going to rise next year to offset the cost of all of this, and we are a profitable company that pays a lot of tax, we will essentially be subsidising Spurs, Norwich, Newcastle and all the other clubs who take advantage of the scheme.

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Hardly free when it's businesses like theirs which will be stumping up for the cost of it.

Do you think they have done the right thing? 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I have no strong opinion either way. But it seems like a PR own goal.

Why am I not surprised. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

My guess is they saw free money and thought they would like some of it.

See also - transfer dealings with Bournemouth. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

Bingo. How some people, a small minority admittedly, who profess to support the club don't get this beggars belief. Unfortunately what I am picking up from their posts is an inability to distinguish between what the club can do versus what the club should do.

But it's so simple there is no ambiguity or nuance. In times of crisis you rally round and look after your family. You don't sub-contract that out to the government or if you do, don't expect anyone to have any respect for you anymore. The relationship will be gone, never to return.

I agree, I think the damage from this will be irreversible for Furlough Sports Group, fans will want them out imo.

I’m surprised they haven’t put out some kind of statement explaining their position, they must be intelligent men there are no dumb billionaires so they must know this isn’t going away. Maybe they just don’t give a fuck. The absolute state of “this means more” though, how cringey is that now?

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I agree, I think the damage from this will be irreversible for Furlough Sports Group, fans will want them out imo.

I think they will sell - the club's value is as high as it ever will be, even if it will be a tough financial market over the next year there will be some oligarch/oily fella who still needs to burn cash.

It will coincide with Klopps last year before he is off to the German national team.

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m surprised they haven’t put out some kind of statement explaining their position, they must be intelligent men there are no dumb billionaires so they must know this isn’t going away. Maybe they just don’t give a fuck. The absolute state of “this means more” though, how cringey is that now?

It was always cringey.   Liverpool sold their soul a long time ago for a new stadium.   The only difference in this lot is they're better at business. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think they will sell - the club's value is as high as it ever will be, even if it will be a tough financial market over the next year there will be some oligarch/oily fella who still needs to burn cash.

It will coincide with Klopps last year before he is off to the German national team.

I think this shows they looking to sell now. Manager and key players on long term contracts club in commercial sound footing now is the time to sell. Well pre covid it was .

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

The Duke of Wellington was an intelligent man. He invented the Chelsea Boot.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Donald-Trump-770x433.jpg.2ebd4240a5913f3605036d175e2c3160.jpg

3 hours ago, M_B said:

My guess is they saw free money and thought they would like some of it.

You got it all
You got it all and it's still not enough

- Levellers

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

And loads of them let companies get away with paying no tax, including ones that some MPs are involved with.

That cunt Rees mogg doesn't like talk like that 

Liverpool have reversed the decision to apply for government assistance after furloughing some staff and have said they're “truly sorry” for coming to the “wrong conclusion.” A letter from CEO Peter Moores says they would find “alternative means” to cover furlough costs.

In a letter to supporters, chief executive Peter Moore was repentant on behalf of the club.

“We believe we came to the wrong conclusion last week to announce that we intended to apply to the Coronavirus Retention Scheme and furlough staff due to the suspension of the Premier League football calendar, and are truly sorry for that,” he said in a statement. 

“Our intentions were, and still are, to ensure the entire workforce is given as much protection as possible from redundancy and/or loss of earnings during this unprecedented period.  

“We are therefore committed to finding alternative ways to operate while there are no football matches being played that ensures we are not applying for the government relief scheme.”

Liverpool have accepted they misjudged the strength of feeling within their fanbase when taking what they initially believed a pragmatic and necessary business decision in the face of mounting costs.

The club has been in talks about the economic impact of the health crisis with senior staff for weeks, including manager Jurgen Klopp and leading players. Many senior staff have already accepted pay cuts. 

“In the spirit of transparency we must also be clear, despite the fact we were in a healthy position prior to this crisis, our revenues have been shut off yet our outgoings remain,” Moore added.

“And like almost every sector of society, there is great uncertainty and concern over our present and future.

“Like any responsible employer concerned for its workers in the current situation, the Club continues to prepare for a range of different scenarios, around when football can return to operating as it did before the pandemic.  These scenarios range from best case to worst and everything in between.

“It is an unavoidable truth that several of these scenarios involve a massive downturn in revenue, with correspondingly unprecedented operating losses.  Having these vital financial resources so profoundly impacted would obviously negatively affect our ability to operate as we previously have.

“We are engaged in the process of exploring all avenues within our scope to limit the inevitable damage.”

Still leaves a fucking bad taste in the mouth though, shows you all this 'this means more' and 'what would bill shankly do?',means nothing to the hierarchy of the club.I was truly embarrassed, angry and sad today,even more so when some of my colleagues (LFC Fans)think the club have done nothing wrong.

A PR disaster of massive proportion.